Iptv / Kodi

caledonia

Anyone here using an Amazon tv stick

out of the box it makes a non smart tv a smart tv with the usual apps/netflix/youtube etc etc

but it also has a developers option where you can install Kodi (formally xbmc) where you can get all the sky channels and box office movies and loads more from nearly any country

I have a smart tv downstairs but upstairs for £25 this thing is the dogs bollocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=30&v=Vw8ViaL7-m4

works through wifi and plugs into a hdmi in your telly like a pendrive

I have both and the amazon one is better see this digital spy review also but only thing i think thats better on the chromecast is the mirror(cast) from your computer (but as my comp is already wired to my tv through hdmi not a big deal)

thinking on buying the roku just to play around with as well

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/feature/a644923/what-is-the-best-media-streamer-amazon-fire-tv-vs-apple-tv-google-chromecast-roku-and-more.html#~peovntDpYDaPiz

needs storage and memory if you intend to get full out of the developer options

Poor mans Raspberry Pi (b) 2 with OSMC.

I actually had a raspberry pi as well (computer and gadget freak) but the older version without media centre and you cant really compare them as they are not like for like

P.s dave min do they come with remote now as i had to use my phone when i get mine

I actually had a raspberry pi as well (computer and gadget freak) but the older version without media centre and you cant really compare them as they are not like for like

P.s dave min do they come with remote now as i had to use my phone when i get mine

Why are they nae like for like? Rasp Pi is around the same price of a Roku stick even once you have added a wifi dongle etc.

Ok it isn't super small but can still hide it behind 99% of TVs easily.

If you are comparing the old raspberry pi without it set up for media than aye it's a lot slower and not set up best for the use we are comparing here.

My rasp pis have always worked with my standard TV (Sony) remote.

My Pi is an excellent paperweight. I was thinking of turning it into a drone though.

There is another piece of hardware you can buy to turn it into a DAC music player/jukebox, thought about doing that with my old one but just gave it to a mate.

I've always wanted to create a score board that displays the current Aberdeen game score, then other stats when a game isn't on. But I'm too lazy to learn to code.

There is another piece of hardware you can buy to turn it into a DAC music player/jukebox, thought about doing that with my old one but just gave it to a mate.

I've always wanted to create a score board that displays the current Aberdeen game score, then other stats when a game isn't on. But I'm too lazy to learn to code.

Jukebox was another route I looked at going down, but my laziness knows no limit.

Coding on the Pi is a piece of piss.

Does anyone use Kodi on a PC or Mac? I've got a Mac Mini set up to the tv in the living room, would it be easy enough to hook up Kodi to watch the fitba?

A £300 quid machine to run xbmc(kodi) is a bit overkill is it no

buy one of the tv sticks it will only set you back £25-£35 quid

At a low level...you'd make a great marketing man for Amazon.

I actually said one of the tv sticks so other ones as well as the Amazon one was included even though the Amazon one in my opinion is by far the best

And yes you wont get much lower than me but i have not sold one yet so it must be a really super low level

btw i am only presuming its a £300 machine it could be the quad which is twice that amount at least

I actually said one of the tv sticks so other ones as well as the Amazon one was included even though the Amazon one in my opinion is by far the best

And yes you wont get much lower than me but i have not sold one yet so it must be a really super low level

btw i am only presuming its a £300 machine it could be the quad which is twice that amount at least

It was the entry level one but it wasn't just for the TV. Spending another £35 would surely be the dafter idea.

Gave it a wee go and got some channels up but I'm not sure I got the best m3u url. Is there a decent site to get one from?

follow this guide from this guy that sounds like the xfactor guy (it goes clear after a few seconds)

It will show you how to install tvaddons (basically its all already preinstalled) and also do the live tv thing as you will get around 70 sports channels as well as the others including sky/bt/real madrid/man u etc etc)

live tv is a hit or miss but all the box office movies for me have worked so far (streaming with the tvaddons)

• Upvote 1

follow this guide from this guy that sounds like the xfactor guy (it goes clear after a few seconds)

It will show you how to install tvaddons (basically its all already preinstalled) and also do the live tv thing as you will get around 70 sports channels as well as the others including sky/bt/real madrid/man u etc etc)

live tv is a hit or miss but all the box office movies for me have worked so far (streaming with the tvaddons)

Is this for the stick or the box?