Connor Mclennan

I hear what you're saying son, but Connor is a shit ton better that Wright.

One crap game (amongst a team filled with shit performers) does not an all of sudden useless cunt make.

He's a terrific special wee prick.

I disagree with your comment on the level of ability of the two players. There is a reason why McInness has been reluctant to put Wright out on loan and why teams like Ipswich have shown an interest in Wright. Its just that McInness is not playing these guys enough and the team don't play in a way that both of their attributes will shine through. What Connor has over Wright is his upper body strength and general physicality. Doesn't make Wright any less of a talent just needs to be played in a different way. Both talented and will contribute to the team if given backing by the manager and the support  

I see O'connor the same way I see Wright. They are both talented young players full of potential but they are being let down by management. They both need plenty of game time regardless of form, 4  or 5 games in a row and where possible on from the start. Coming on 5 - 10 minutes here and there heaps pressure on a young loone to come on and change a game in our favour. Derek doesn't tend to change the team if we are winning so the young guys generally are coming on having to make an impact. We need to rest some of the so called experienced players like Logan and Ferguson for their own good and to let the young guys find some kind of form. 

Spot on

I disagree with your comment on the level of ability of the two players. There is a reason why McInness has been reluctant to put Wright out on loan and why teams like Ipswich have shown an interest in Wright. Its just that McInness is not playing these guys enough and the team don't play in a way that both of their attributes will shine through. What Connor has over Wright is his upper body strength and general physicality. Doesn't make Wright any less of a talent just needs to be played in a different way. Both talented and will contribute to the team if given backing by the manager and the support  

Wright is too attacking a player for Mcinnes as is Mclennan, he wants them to be Like Gallagher and be good defensively. You don't play regular in a Mcinnes team if you cant put a shift in defensively. I think Wilson comes into this category also, thats why he will never put out an attacking team that takes risks offensively and that is why we desperately need a change

• 2 years later...
Guest milne_afc
Just now, Millertime said:

Horrendous, as per

You had it spot on from the first few glimpses of his dogshittery.

Marry Xmas, I hope you and the family had a lovely day.

Arbroath have distanced themselves from the likes of CM, trollboy 

He’s needing to do what he did when he was at his best….be far more positive and use his frightening pace to terrify defenders as he knocks the ball past them. His delivery needs worked on but that will definitely come with confidence. 
He will need to step up a few gears though as his early on promise has virtually vanished. A shadow of his former self.

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

He’s needing to do what he did when he was at his best….be far more positive and use his frightening pace to terrify defenders as he knocks the ball past them. His delivery needs worked on but that will definitely come with confidence. 
He will need to step up a few gears though as his early on promise has virtually vanished. A shadow of his former self.

He actually looked ok on the few games he was played through the middle 

however his first touch has deteriorated so much , today  he displayed especially against a better standard of defender he would have got horsed an

yet another that had potential signed a reasonable contract then has not put the work in 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, King Street Loon said:

I think McLennan will prove to be a bit of an enigma. He'll do stuff that will have you on your feet either in joy or dispair. Yesterday was dispair after being on your feet in joy during his midweek cameo had any of us been there.

You can coach a player but a lot of the decision making is down to the individual. McInnes didn't make him make slack overhit passes or make him run down blind alleys and lose possession. McLennan himself has to learn as he's got bags of ability, but i don't really think he knows what to do with it. Not sure the management do either to be fair.

I don't think he's a winger, that's for sure.

This is still relevant from over two years ago.

He's pish and really should not be a place in the squad for him. We must strive to produce and have better than him in the squad.

21 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

He actually looked ok on the few games he was played through the middle 

however his first touch has deteriorated so much , today  he displayed especially against a better standard of defender he would have got horsed an

yet another that had potential signed a reasonable contract then has not put the work in 

The bad thing for him to regain his confidence is that he doesn’t do enough when he gets the chance in the team. This will obviously limit his appearances so we should either loan him out or move him on. I would put him out on loan to see if he can progress.