Out Of Contract

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree that Taylor is far more consistent but nobody.....absolutely nobody.....improves at f@cking Northampton

Spot on about McKenna and Devlin. Although whilst he remains with us, I think we will start McKenna if he's fit. Tonight probably gives a big clue as to how we will set up this season....a back 3 with McKenna playing there instead of McCrorie who will obviously move into midfield

I bloody hope we are not playing a back 3

9 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

Devlin and Mckenna are behind McCrorie, Hoban, Considine and Taylor. Taylor has been consistently good and is barely injured. His experience at Northampton has improved him. Seems to have cut out those silly moments he occasionally had. The defence actually looks good at the moment.

Devlin played 14 matches last season due to injury but thats the problem. Doesn't matter how good you are we need you fit and available others whats the point. I'd happily sell McKenna and let Devlin find a new club. The pair are surplus to requirements IMO.

Sell McKenna but we need 4 CB's in the squad to cover for injuries / suspensions and i'd rather McCrorie isn't one of them 

15 minutes ago, CityCentre said:

Devlin is simply not good enough.

I agree but I cant see anyone taking him off our hands until his contract runs out. If McKenna is sold you would like to think that the board would authorise McInnes to buy a replacement. But there may be no one suitable available or it might happen so late in the window that there's no time to do so. I don't expect him to play often, if at all, likely only in dire emergency

• 2 weeks later...

January 2021

Tommie Hoban

Ryan Edmondson - on loan from Leeds United

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Andrew Considine*

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Craig Bryson

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

May 2022

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Scott McKenna

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan

Andrew Considine

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Craig Bryson

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson

A LOT of natural wasteage there, as already said, probably only Considine and maybe Wright (jury still out for me) should get renewals. And McLennon, Virtonen and Ross need to step on it, to elongate their AFC careers.

And if he continues the form he's been showing and bangs in 8-10 goals before New Year then he will attract attention from other clubs down south. Bristol might even decide they want to keep him after all. 

And a similar situation may well arise with Hoban. However at least we know that (spoken from Hoban's own mouth) he definitely wants to sign a long term contract with us. 

7 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Hoban probably feels this is last chance saloon, so signing on here for a year or two would be massively beneficial for both him and us, provided he stays fit. 

the guy makes it look easy, Classy player

hope he remembers the club sticking by him through the injuries

only problem if he manages to keep fit is a Bigger richer club coming in and offering him a longer deal

2 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

the guy makes it look easy, Classy player

hope he remembers the club sticking by him through the injuries

only problem if he manages to keep fit is a Bigger richer club coming in and offering him a longer deal

I think he will. He's got to get his career back on track, so sticking with us for a year or two will definitely help him (and us). He could move and struggle to make an impact and that's another couple of years off his career.

15 hours ago, super_al said:

Really pleased about this as a loan move will be great for his progress. 

Aye its a decent move.

Arbroath aren't full time so he'll still train with us the majority of the time and train with them the rest. I think that's how it worked with Virtanen.

Seemed to be a good place to play for Virtanrn so hopefully it'll prove to be the same for Ruth. Good step up in development getting a shot at the championship.