Our New Brass Band Friends

Firstly, :applause: Absolutely fantastic addition to the atmosphere & a fantastic effort by them & I think that 99% of the fans really appreciate their efforts (some were moaning I believe about noise the other night but fuck them).

They deserve their own thread, for appreciation & song suggestions etc.

What's their story though, are they Dandies, or hired in, or just friends of Dandies or what? Not that this matters, just curious as to where they actually appeared from.

Long may they continue & if they are hired in for example, then we should always makes sure that any spare tickets we have go to those that are helping to fund them maybe?

Hope they learn a good few more Dandies songs & that the support learns to match them for timing & vice versa :crossfingers:

We need to come up with some decent words for the A Team tune they play also, maybe adopt it for one of the more exciting players for example like Hayes or McGinn but McGinn already has the "makes Ronaldo look shite" one, so Hayes would be my choice. or maybe Osbourne also :dontknow:

Anyway if funding is wanted for them for example, I'd be happy to donate cos they are a really fantastic addition to our support & long may they continue :thumbup1:

A big red +1 for the Brass Band (& their friends) :applause:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I think its Cumbria they come up from.

The picture MT posted from the well game with them playing... the woman that thought of taking them in for the cup games is standing in that photo and its Dolly Digital that found and books them.

Not sure who pays for them but I think its the trust and the club with a bit of a donation from her and Dolly Digital.

The club are fully behind them being in the stands, thought it was a brilliant idea. If you are serious about offering a few bob get in touch with Dolly Digital through twitter or his website and he'll let you know if money is needed.

Finally, they are an oompah band :thumbup1:

Anything that adds to the magnificence, spectacle and pageantry of the game is a welcome addition in my book.

I'd have gone with proper cheerleaders and Live Half Time Monkey Fights, personally, but a brass band is a step in the right direction.

Proper Cheerleaders

090323_cheerleader.ss_full.jpg

Live Half Time Monkey Fight

blue5.jpg

A Brass Band

Walkden-Brass-Band-1989.jpg

• Upvote 2

Anything that adds to the magnificence, spectacle and pageantry of the game is a welcome addition in my book.

I'd have gone with proper cheerleaders and Live Half Time Monkey Fights, personally, but a brass band is a step in the right direction.

Proper Cheerleaders

090323_cheerleader.ss_full.jpg

Live Half Time Monkey Fight

blue5.jpg

A Brass Band

Walkden-Brass-Band-1989.jpg

Kelt, if you could organise the proper cheerleaders for 2nd January it would be appreciated.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

Kelt, if you could organise the proper cheerleaders for 2nd January it would be appreciated.

I'll Email the club.

Anyone have Georgie Yule's Email addy?

What about the monkeys?

You don't seem so keen on the monkeys.

I think you're underestimating the monkeys.

• Upvote 2

I'll Email the club.

Anyone have Georgie Yule's Email addy?

What about the monkeys?

You don't seem so keen on the monkeys.

I think you're underestimating the monkeys.

I have George's but not the monkey's. Maybe tweet them on twitter and ask.

I's like to try out the girls first.

I'm struggling to see why folk would knock them.

They undoubtedly encouraged more singing and improved the atmosphere.

They are welcome I say. :thumbup1::scarf:

Anyone who says they didn't improve the atmosphere at Motherwell is talking rubbish IMO.....or wasn't there and talking out of ignorance

Someone said it on the match thread or JIT (think it may have been MT) not sure but he or she said that some folk were moaning about the noise near them.

Fkn miserable bastards

I seriously hope they aren't at easter road.

Me to. It reeks of wee team no fans, the kind of thing the Livi's of this world need. It was good at Fir Park as we needed something to get the atmosphere going given it was -3 celsius and not a lot happening in the first half, but when there will be circa 4K Dandies at Easter Road, if we really need a brass band to help the atmosphere we should just give up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3