He has hoodwinked 90% of UFC fans.

UFC existed long before the little cunt, and it'll exist long after as well.

Diaz would beat him in fight 3 (just like he did in the first 2 fights, and that isn't controversial)

Aldo was never a great fighter

Khabib was ALWAYS going to beat him

Woodley would beat him also

There's nothing left in it for him, he's done - BYE.

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

As I said, Conor has clearly done his job from a promotional aspect.

Unsure how you can find that funny...

Jose Aldo was never the greatest fighter, and never will be.

His UFC record is not great...

He allowed someone like Conor to get in his head, never been the same fighter cause he's not mentally strong. Conor ALSO isn't mentally strong, hence why I say he's finished. Get out now whilst he can. He's a joke now (although he always has been to me).

It's hilarious.

To defend your title 9 consecutive times makes you a great fighter. Which UFC opponents of his did you not rate?

Very opinionated for someone who can't take the UFC seriously though  :dontknow:

And of course, Woodley would beat him. Look at the size of him for a start. 

What's even funnier to me is a wind up merchant such as yourself being caught hook, line and sinker by McGregor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have an opinion on a lot of things, it doesn't mean to say I take that subject serious.

I'm an opinionated cunt on everything. It's my nature.

I mentioned Woodley as it was on Twitter, they should fight.

I find it funny that McGregor joy boys think UFC only existed with him in it.

He sells himself very well, but hoodwinked a lot of you cunts, he's not a great FIGHTER. Key word.

Thankfully he is done now. I can go back to having an opinionated opinion on something else now.

I don't expect to see much from this thread for a while.

Which of Aldo's UFC opponents did you not rate?

I don't think anyone believed UFC only existed with him in it. Bizarre comment.

The man is an arse, but to claim he is not a great fighter is plain daft. First person to hold two different weight world titles.

Which of Aldo's UFC opponents did you not rate?

I don't think anyone believed UFC only existed with him in it. Bizarre comment.

The man is an arse, but to claim he is not a great fighter is plain daft. First person to hold two different weight world titles.

Actually, isn't Lee McAllister a champ at four different weights?

Crazy end to a pretty boring fight.

Khabib is a machine but he'll be PPV death.

I didn't think it was a boring fight, that right hand that Khabib caught him with was so good, he absolutely destroyed him in that second round which was great to see then McGregor coming back in the third made it interesting, good finish from Khabib though making him tap then losing his mind, really enjoyed that.

Loved the Ferguson scrap, boys a monster.

Don't think Khabib is remotely boring.

Khabib v Ferguson next surely. No fucking way can McGregor get a rematch. Wouldn't surprise me I suppose.

Khabib is not going to draw millions of buys from taking folk down and holding them down for a round.

Khabib and Ferguson is the fight to make. 7th time or whatever it is lucky, hopefully.

I didn't think it was a boring fight, that right hand that Khabib caught him with was so good, he absolutely destroyed him in that second round which was great to see then McGregor coming back in the third made it interesting, good finish from Khabib though making him tap then losing his mind, really enjoyed that.

Loved the Ferguson scrap, boys a monster.

Different strokes. Nothing exciting for me watching one guy pin the other down for almost a full round and not doing much. I used to love watching GSP fights until he went down the same route.

Different strokes. Nothing exciting for me watching one guy pin the other down for almost a full round and not doing much. I used to love watching GSP fights until he went down the same route.

See that's one of the main reasons why I never got in to UFC but now I'm looking at it a different way and can appreciate what's going on, the first round was probably boring thinking back about it but the second and third was good.

I'm sure if you looked through his 9 wins in a row you'd pick out the ones I don't rate. However my controversial one is Chad Mendes, I think he's a waste of fucking time. Aldo beat him twice.

Aldo then came up against McGregor, who used a few naughty words - got into Aldo's head and he was never the same again. 13 seconds. Now he's trying to hang off his coat tails for a rematch. Zzzzz.

It's not a bizarre comment at all, look at the McGregor fan boys who jumped on a bandwagon and loved UFC all of a sudden because an Irish guy started making some funnies in press conferences. You know exactly what I was alluding to. Just because YOU knew it existed before Conor, it doesn't mean to say the fan boys did... don't get smart with me, prick ;).

He's a 'good' fighter, but not as good as many believe him to be. Dana White has played his Conor card very well and earned himself a lot from him. Business.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Aldo.

He's not as bad as many want him to be either though. Every fight was supposed to be the one where he got exposed. Took him this long. I don't think he was exposed in the first fight v Diaz as that was a shambolic build up.

Will be interesting to see how the UFC deal with this, it'll tell us a lot about the direction of the organisation. The antics the other night were like something out of WWE!  It was entertaining to watch... was absolutely going off in the pub where I watched it, however, for the credibility of the sport it wasn't great.  I imagine if you are an MMA athlete or a real fan of the discipline, you'd be pretty disappointed.

I was watching Dana White's interview, where he's carrying on about it being a terrible day for the sport... however, the money he'd make from any rematch would be astronomical.  The PPV subscriptions alone would be through the roof.

If they decided to embrace this type of stuff, there is certainly a lucrative gap in the market, with WWE seemingly on the brink.

Will be interesting to see how the UFC deal with this, it'll tell us a lot about the direction of the organisation. The antics the other night were like something out of WWE!  It was entertaining to watch... was absolutely going off in the pub where I watched it, however, for the credibility of the sport it wasn't great.  I imagine if you are an MMA athlete or a real fan of the discipline, you'd be pretty disappointed.

I was watching Dana White's interview, where he's carrying on about it being a terrible day for the sport... however, the money he'd make from any rematch would be astronomical.  The PPV subscriptions alone would be through the roof.

If they decided to embrace this type of stuff, there is certainly a lucrative gap in the market, with WWE seemingly on the brink.

Fact is Dana used what Mcgregor did in New York to sell the fight, the promo featured footage from him acting the cunt, you use that then you really are opening yourself up for more to come from it, other thing is, too often now in combat sports there's the big, fake build up then nothing materialises after the fight except for some hugs and plaudits on how brave the loser is, so for Khabib to lose his mind and do what he done was fucking great, not his fault two of his lads went in the cage to hit Mcgregor (shit trick) however him going after the cunts that have went after his family and religion was fair in my eyes.

Fact is Dana used what Mcgregor did in New York to sell the fight, the promo featured footage from him acting the cunt, you use that then you really are opening yourself up for more to come from it, other thing is, too often now in combat sports there's the big, fake build up then nothing materialises after the fight except for some hugs and plaudits on how brave the loser is, so for Khabib to lose his mind and do what he done was fucking great, not his fault two of his lads went in the cage to hit Mcgregor (shit trick) however him going after the cunts that have went after his family and religion was fair in my eyes.

Yeah... this is the big thing.  The footage of the bus attack looked so contrived, it could've realistically been something from WWE.  IMO they're treading a dangerous path with the sports credibility going down this route.  Do they really need to do this?  

Yeah... this is the big thing.  The footage of the bus attack looked so contrived, it could've realistically been something from WWE.  IMO they're treading a dangerous path with the sports credibility going down this route.  Do they really need to do this?  

I think that was genuine, looked daft don't get me wrong but to risk serious injury to other fights ahead of such a big show would be so fucking stupid if it was staged.

I think that was genuine, looked daft don't get me wrong but to risk serious injury to other fights ahead of such a big show would be so fucking stupid if it was staged.

I think McGregor is 100% playing a character... as I said, IMO the bus thing all looked so contrived, as it was perfectly captured on HD camera.

I think McGregor is 100% playing a character... as I said, IMO the bus thing all looked so contrived, as it was perfectly captured on HD camera.

Oh he definitely is playing a character but some of the things that do happen are genuine, like I say ballsy game for the UFC to play risking the health of other fighters just to sell fights,

Its a complete act when guys like Dana White and Ariel Helwani come out with these "darkest days in the sports history" and "I've worked 18 years in this business and never felt as sick as I did tonight"comments. It gives them material for months to work with and as said above, like the bus incident, they'll be selling it during any rematch or 'return of Khabib' if he's suspended. 

Don't know if you're on the wind up Roberto but Aldo dominated that division for years beating guys like Faber, Frankie Edgar, Lamas in their prime and even guys like Swanson and Mike Brown who aren't exactly slouches. 

I don't like Conor and his whole act has become old quick but there's no denying what he's done for the sport, they'll look back in years to come and realise he basically took it single handily into the mainstream. Its no coincidence he's at the top of record PPVs, attendance records etc. Prime example is Nate Diaz, he was 2-3 and nowhere near a title shot until he stepped into face Conor and now he's pretty much a household name and probably wrote his own proposed paycheck for the DP fight before he pulled out. It can probably be compared to Sky taking over English football, you're going to get a whole lot of people preferring the older days when it was a working mans sport but there's going to be a lot more people making a lot more money because of McGregors influence on MMA. 

DC v Black Beast makes absolute sense also. Bridges a gap between defending his belt now and then fighting Brock in March. Lewis has no chance with DC as he wont stand with him and Lewis has no ground game. It'll be even more of a mauling than Saturday night. Found it interesting DC was due to make $3.5m at UFC200 fighting JJ for the title but he would have made nearly double that if he had been fighting Brock. Shows its not ability that sells. 

Holloway v Ortega with JJ v Shevchenko co-main eventing is the best card for the rest of the year. 

• Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...