Fish And Chips - Where's The Best?

Fishnchips

My mates just bought the one at the Seaton roundabout , have'nt tried it . Anyone here tried it , whats the verdict ?

Grabbed a king rib supper from there before the Burnley game. King rib above average. Chips nae the best. Not a patch on balmedie - still maintain they do the finest chipper Chips Ive ever tasted.

Dali's in Guardbridge, Cromar's in St Andrews, Libo's in Cupar, The Gorgie Fry in Edinburgh and The Waterfront in Anstruther all do superb fish suppers. The famous one in Anstruther is ok but over rated since the old owner sold it. The report is right though, for £7 - £10 a good fish supper is the best munch you can get for the money.

Guest milne_afc

Bay is really good but not the best I've ever had, don't get the hype. The square is just as good, need to try the Caron. The Plaice in Portlethen (run by chinkys) was always great. Mike's opposite Pittodrie another good one. Best I had was one in Oban last summer

Totally agree, from limited experience. Both are terrific.

Ha.

Ha.

Home made fish and chips, in my experience, pishes on restaurant/chipper fish suppers.

I make a beer batter using a 50/50 mix of McCormicks' Cajun/Fish n Chips batter, using beer for the mix. Get your Cod, or whatever fish you want, coat it in the mix (make it thick fillets) and shallow fry 3 minutes each side.

Magical.

Home made fish and chips, in my experience, pishes on restaurant/chipper fish suppers.

I make a beer batter using a 50/50 mix of McCormicks' Cajun/Fish n Chips batter, using beer for the mix. Get your Cod, or whatever fish you want, coat it in the mix (make it thick fillets) and shallow fry 3 minutes each side.

Magical.

You've forgot to make the chips there.

• Upvote 1