On Loan

I don't think he did to be fair to him??

Sure Grassi was freed at the end of McGhee's full season??

Grassi was punted before the GWT came in. Ifil made some appearances but was subsequently punted by the GWT, as was a lot of deadwood like Mackie. Unfortunately he also brought in equally terrible players.

Ifil,Grassi, Stephen Hughes,Mark McGhee,Craig Brown,does it matter.I've got a computer and Aberdeen FC Who's Who, Every Red Ever by Paul Smith. He would have to redraft and rewrite it every day to keep up with all the loans and where Kenny McLean,Greg Tansey,Ryan Chtistie loyalties lie.One thing is for sure, Craig Brown was terrible,there was a time where every other game was 0-0 and it doesnae matter who played or who signed who,it was awful.May 7 2011 Aberdeen v St Johnstone,Pittodrie,Saturday afternoon in fact,lost 2-0,crowd 6,361.Tuesday 10 May St Mirren,Pittodrie,lost 1-0,crowd 5,995.Truly horrendous games under Craig Brown.McGhee,Brown,Yvonne Folly,who signed her Dazzy Deff,she was a legend !! Dearie me,the current loanees are Gothenburg Greats compared to that era.We need to have a squad of players,signed and committed to the club and if one leaves for better things sign a new player.One in one out and try and bring on and encourage young players.A settled team and a happy dressing room.Not a place of fly by nights,and 'dare I say here today,gone tomorrow' footballers.

Looks like you must have been drinking heavily during the GWTs tenure...the praise happy clappers like yourself pay the auld cunt is baffling...

Quote an example of me praising Craig Brown!

I simply stated slating him for Ifil and Grassi is a bit much when a) Grassi left before brown got employed and b) McGhee signed Ifil and brown got rid of him.

Ill await your apology though...

Quote an example of me praising Craig Brown!

I simply stated slating him for Ifil and Grassi is a bit much when a) Grassi left before brown got employed and b) McGhee signed Ifil and brown got rid of him.

Ill await your apology though...

I knew that would get a response...just sick to the back teeth of the auld charlatan being treated with anything other than contempt...he played the worst football I have ever witnessed...every game set up to not to lose with the occasional goal to waken up the crowd...to have him dragged up as the “Saviour of the club” when he managed 2 9th Place finishes and was well on his way to a third till Derek took charge is to put it mildly...galling...

Davide Grassi did indeed sign in the halcyon days under Mark Ghee and left before Lord Craig of Brown Nose arrived to join prestigious Sorrento Calcio in Serie C1.My heartfelt apologies to Dazzy Deff who I know and appreciate much cherished Davide's outstanding contribution to Aberdeen football club in that memorable 2009-10 season.

Christie and G-Stew will sign on fulltime. Joe will be back so no worries there. So basically just a glass eating midfielder and hunky dory. No hassles.

Stewart? What makes you say that? Other than the last 5 mins v County, where he fucked up and gave away a goal, Hes hardly played lately as I think DM has finally lost patience

Davide Grassi did indeed sign in the halcyon days under Mark Ghee and left before Lord Craig of Brown Nose arrived to join prestigious Sorrento Calcio in Serie C1.My heartfelt apologies to Dazzy Deff who I know and appreciate much cherished Davide's outstanding contribution to Aberdeen football club in that memorable 2009-10 season.

Give it a rest you nonce, youre embassarring yourself now.

I think the loan system needs to be changed too. If you can pick a team which has more loan players in it than not then I think the balance has shifted too far.

Can't blame clubs for taking advantage of the rules though.

In our defence, McLean is a funny one in that he doesn't really count as a loan in the normal sense. If Lewis hadn't got injured then we wouldn't have loaned Woodman and we probably shouldn't have loaned Ball in the first place.

It's not really the loan system that's the problem. It's big clubs hoovering up huge squads of players they don't need.

If there were squad caps this situation with loads of loans wouldn't happen.

He does need slagged...Ifil and Grassi were bad but Rae and Hughes were ultimately worse...an auld hun looking after old mates was the way most saw it.

Think the phrase is "old Hun pals"?

Ifil,Grassi, Stephen Hughes,Mark McGhee,Craig Brown,does it matter.I've got a computer and Aberdeen FC Who's Who.

Think you need to fix the space bar on that computer....... ;)

Give it a rest you nonce, youre embassarring yourself now.

Not half a fucken nonce and arsehole as you are. Who gives a fuck about Davide Grassi,Yvonne Folly. The thread is about the number of players on loan and how ridiculous it has now become. There were six players such players in the matchday squad. Now make a coherent contribution about that and what you think about it,not wee fucken five year old irrelevant points. You put your real name on here and I will track you down and fucken waste you.

• Upvote 2

Frank Ross.Yet another player on loan and doing well at Morton.We managed to eventually discover that Scott McKenna could play .And maybe show a little bit of faith in Danny Rogers.Seb Ross will be a player.If you like a player,sign him or buy him.Otherwise bring your own players through.Loan players are for emergencies and special circumstances.

Wait a minute. What you are saying is loaning players is bad.... but only when they are coming in on loan. When they go out on loan it's good because we get young players to gain experience?

Bigger clubs loan out players to smaller clubs and everyone wins. Including Aberdeen.

Calm down min.

Think the point being made is unfortunately the market we are in and if we want to compete we need to make best use of the loan system. I see no issue with it. In an ideal world there would be a conveyor belt of talent coming through....

Appreciated.How did we get on to Davide Grassi and Craig Brown.The thread is about loan players and how ridiculous it has become.Please could we stick to that topic.

I never mentioned Craig Brown.

Maybe I didn't explain it well. So instead of loaning players you mentioned we should be trying to buy them. For the level of player required for us to compete we cannot afford usually. My point being would you rather we went back to signing dross?

Could Aberdeen fc afford the transfer fee and wages of Christie last season? Would Maddison want to come here permanently?

The loan market is very useful for Aberdeen

Not half a fucken nonce and arsehole as you are. Who gives a fuck about Davide Grassi,Yvonne Folly. The thread is about the number of players on loan and how ridiculous it has now become. There were six players such players in the matchday squad. Now make a coherent contribution about that and what you think about it,not wee fucken five year old irrelevant points. You put your real name on here and I will track you down and fucken waste you.

You edited that? :laughing:

The goalie is technically an emergency loan as injury cover (not really classed as one but it is) so five other loans:

Christie - one we couldn’t buy (wages and/or Celtic not willing to sell)

Stewart - same as above?

Ball - squad cover, we should really have better (Tansey hasn’t worked out yet)

Chidi - same as Ball?

McLean - sort of a loan, does he count? ;)

Looks around 50/50 on whether we’re getting better players at better value with the loans?

Who the fuck is Yvonne folly?

Waste me? Lol

McLean is basically a way of keeping a player happy that has signed a precontract with another club.

I do agree that a club, in top flight at least, should not be able to field a side consisting of more loan players than their own players.

Just like there used to be rules about having to have so many young players etc.

The SFA/SPFL are basically allowing the whole league to turn into a feeder league.

I will make it simple for you Chewie,you are another nonce and arsehole that populates this forum.Ball,Tansey and Chidi are dross. Fatboy Stewart was once a fine player at Dundee and is now dross. Ryan Christie is a pretty boy who is a Celtic player who will play as many games for Celtic as his dad.Get Kenny McLean to fuck,He is a Norwich City player now,if he's that good,settle in and find a house in Norwich and get a few games and be ready for next season. Frank Ross should be playing for Aberdeen,not out on loan.Goalkeeper,have faith in your own number two and sign an experienced goalkeeper who can come in to the team if needed and help Gordon Marshall with coaching the young goalkeepers David Craddock and Archie Mair.

• Downvote 1

McLean is basically a way of keeping a player happy that has signed a precontract with another club.

I do agree that a club, in top flight at least, should not be able to field a side consisting of more loan players than their own players.

Just like there used to be rules about having to have so many young players etc.

The SFA/SPFL are basically allowing the whole league to turn into a feeder league.

The positive thing there though is that means a lot of our players could get noticed down south for selling?

The negative thing there is that means a lot of our players could get noticed down south for selling/moving?

I will make it simple for you Chewie,you are another nonce and arsehole that populates this forum.Ball,Tansey and Chidi are dross. Fatboy Stewart was once a fine player at Dundee and is now dross. Ryan Christie is a pretty boy who is a Celtic player who will play as many games for Celtic as his dad.Get Kenny McLean to fuck,He is a Norwich City player now,if he's that good,settle in and find a house in Norwich and get a few games and be ready for next season. Frank Ross should be playing for Aberdeen,not out on loan.Goalkeeper,have faith in your own number two and sign an experienced goalkeeper who can come in to the team if needed and help Gordon Marshall with coaching the young goalkeepers David Craddock and Archie Mair.

Lol, ask for sensible replies, act like a prick? Shut your mouth you balloon

• Upvote 1