Lewis Ferguson

It took 6 months to sort out the Charlie Telfer one.

Telfer moved from Rangers to Dundee Utd for £204k

- I wouldn't particularly think the transfer market has moved on very much in the four years since then

- I don't think it'd be unfair to guess Ferguson's salaries to be less than Telfer's (Hamilton vs Rangers and Aberdeen vs Dundee Utd)

- Telfer had more international recognition

- Players like Forrester, Devlin and Docherty are available for around £200k

Considering the transfer window only opened last week or the week before they'll certainly leave the clubs a good while to try and sort it out themselves.

Undoubtedly its causing us a problem in terms of the available budget as it could help or hinder depending on the tribunal. It does appear like he may be considered a first team regular and may partly explain why Rooney could be on his way, although I would still expect another striker to come in.

Undoubtedly its causing us a problem in terms of the available budget as it could help or hinder depending on the tribunal. It does appear like he may be considered a first team regular and may partly explain why Rooney could be on his way, although I would still expect another striker to come in.

Milne & Cormack should just fucking come out and say (to the manager for clarity) it doesn't matter how much he costs, we'll back it. But they won't...

• Downvote 2

I thought that UEFA?/FIFA? had published a formula for these compensation issues a few years back based on the number of years a player had been with the club through various age groups? Does that still exist or does it just apply to cross border transfers rather than domestic ones?

Aye that's still relevant but there is some estimates in it so it's not an exact science

Bearing in mind Ferguson is a midfielder I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with any decision on Rooney.

Why would they come out and say that? They should keep their mouths shut and we sort this out between the two clubs. Not going "we'll pay anything" to the media.

You inferred I meant to the media. I didn't. They should tell the manager not to worry about that money and go out and sign some players.

• Downvote 1

I don't believe for one moment that the fee decision tribunal is having any bearing on bringing players in or deciding if anyone leaves. I just think the only problem we have been having is convincing players to join us ahead of a larger wad of cash elsewhere and so far we have resisted the temptation to bring in a slightly lesser standard of player, who we know we could sign much easier, just to appease fans who are starting to get impatient.

I'm sure that just like us the manager and the board would have wanted targets to agree to join long before now and ahead of preseason but we have lost out on some targets. Up to this point we have decided to hold our nerve to wait to try to get the best possible standard of player option in. I would rather we did that than do what we did last year and panic ourselves to signing players such as Maynard & Arnason who were not really the players the manager was wanting.

My worry is that we are now getting to the stage when we are almost ready to blink and possibly take in someone like Nowak who is obviously not one we would have been wanting to sign but with the pressure rising as we get closer to the competitive games and injuries hitting us at the same time we might sign some people just to have bodies in the door.