Holidays 2017

Poodler

:laughing:

Only pulling your leg Mini.

Sure you'll have a blast regardless of what we say on here.

Fremont is the best bit of Vegas. Fucking ace down there.

Staying down there this time after I failed to get down there last year due to being in a world of my own on the strip.

Staying down there this time after I failed to get down there last year due to being in a world of my own on the strip.

It's fucking ace. I was there on a Friday night biffed out my nut talking to some wheelchair bound black guy with one leg who had it removed because he'd been shot.

Pretty sure him and his gang were all set to roll me when my missus twigged and we got out of dodge.

Fabulous.

Of course they do, anyone that spends a bit of cash they'll love and they'll comp you, last year I ordered a vodka redbull, was $17.50, tipped the bartender $2.50 as soon as I done that he told me to stick $20 in the video poker machine, I then got 4 vodka redbulls by the time I played that through, I put $10 on an america horse I got large beer, it all adds up, you spend on gambling you'll get comped, the higher you're spend goes the better the comps get.

$20 for a vodka and red bull ? Crikey . Half bottle of Smirnoff for me, up the jumper, then a fiver in the OXO machine.

Guessing you've never been...?

To Venice? Just the thrice. A wonderful place, plenty to see and do there. There's few things as wonderful of an evening on holiday than wandering down the quiet backstreets of Venice and finding a Cicchetti bar to get a drink and a nibble.

Telling someone not to bother staying in Venice and to do a day trip instead is utterly cheating them of experiencing the best of the place. Spending a day going on a trip out to Murano, Burano and Torcello would be one of the best days of any holiday.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dunno min bit quiet at night for me. Each to their own like.

We stayed in Mestre, nights out there either side (cheap as fuck, but good, prosecco drinking with local yoof) of a day trip in till evening then booze on after the train. Then away off to Florence.

It's a cracker but wouldn't actually stay on it, plus for me at least got sick of the heaps of tourists. Did a tour (not my usual) just to get a decent view of it quickly. The Rialto though didn't get that. Made me feel like Karl Pinkerton trying to understand why it's even a thing. As everywhere looks great from the side but gads shite crack actually on it, bazzar even.

Dunno min bit quiet at night for me. Each to their own like.

We stayed in Mestre, nights out there either side (cheap as fuck, but good, prosecco drinking with local yoof) of a day trip in till evening then booze on after the train. Then away off to Florence.

It's a cracker but wouldn't actually stay on it, plus for me at least got sick of the heaps of tourists. Did a tour (not my usual) just to get a decent view of it quickly. The Rialto though didn't get that. Made me feel like Karl Pinkerton trying to understand why it's even a thing. As everywhere looks great from the side but gads shite crack actually on it, bazzar even.

Aye, it's not a place for a big night out. More a place for a wander about with the Mrs and stopping off in a a few wee cicchetti bars. A quite, relaxed night. Part of the reason it's so much better in the evening is that absence of all the day trip tourists that get on your nerves during the day.

I've never been to Florence, will certainly be making a point of doing so on my next Italian trip.

• Downvote 2

Going for a wander around Milan for a few days in October. Any recommendations on what's a must see / do?

The Doumo is spectacular and well worth a visit and going a wander around the roof of it.

Beyond that, there's not much to see, unless you fancy spending a month's wages on designer gear. Fuck knows how you'll fill "a few days", even the pubs are pretty shite.

The Doumo is spectacular and well worth a visit and going a wander around the roof of it.

Beyond that, there's not much to see, unless you fancy spending a month's wages on designer gear. Fuck knows how you'll fill "a few days", even the pubs are pretty shite.

i was going to mention the Duomo rooftop too -- it's spectacular!

(there's tons of people at every tourist attraction trying to sell you bits of string and such.)

i liked Milan. it was less frenetic than Rome, though arguably not nearly as much to see and do.

if you have a few days, maybe a trip to Lake Como for one of them? it's really beautiful.

i was going to mention the Duomo rooftop too -- it's spectacular!

(there's tons of people at every tourist attraction trying to sell you bits of string and such.)

i liked Milan. it was less frenetic than Rome, though arguably not nearly as much to see and do.

if you have a few days, maybe a trip to Lake Como for one of them? it's really beautiful.

Lake Como is beautiful. Spent 4/5 days staying in Como years ago. A great place to spend a chilled out few days, with spectacular scenery and some great places to eat.

Rome is one of my favourite cities. I love the history, the vibe, the nightlife, the sports, the scenery. It's got everything. Shits all over Milan as a destination IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Went to Milan for my 21st, fitba was cancelled, pubs were shit, cathedral was getting renovated and it's hard to get in night clubs when you're pished out your face, don't talk Italian and nae head to toe in gucci. Also hard to score weed fae massive africans in a club 90% full of them when the police are on a crackdown, as my mate found out.

Apart fae that it was a decent laugh.

Ride the trams for free, and buy kegs of beer fae petrol stations on a Sunday. Rock n roll.

• Upvote 1