Anthony O'connor.

They genuinely believe they are getting a good player... and are writing off what we say as fans because McArdle turned out okay when we said he wasn't great.

Good luck.

McArdle was actually not bad for us barring few games (all players have bad games).

O'Connor has had 3 good games maybe.

VERY much good luck.

McArdle was awful.

redone: 'how would you know, you never went much to see him because you played football on Saturday's that year'.

You're wrong by the way.

I didn't mind him, not a world beater, but in no way 'awful'. Nae great, but nae awful as many seem to say.

I managed plenty games in the McGhee/Brown era. You know yourself that amateur football in Aberdeen grinds to a near halt from November to February. Add injuries and suspensions to the list and i had plenty free Saturdays. Having bairns slowed down my football attendance.

He wasn't particularly quick. Was ok in the air. Constantly dragged out of position. Didn't look up with the football at his feet which led to him aimlessly punting the hall down the right wing. Couldn't pass.

He wouldn't get near our bench. He maybe seemed ok at the time because we had a horrific team but that doesn't mean he was decent. He plays at a level Clark Robertson has been getting rare reviews at. Use the search filter to find what the majority of this site think of his ability.

Not disagreeing per say. He played most of his games for us at full back and you say, awful. However, he didn't look nearly as bad at CB.

Agree with you on the rb bit, definitely better in the middle.

What i will say is that he was a danger at set pieces and from memory he did get a few important goals. I think that clouds memories sometimes.

Bobo... in connection with the you playing fitba, I'll take that - you'd think you would learn by now. :).

McArdle wouldn't get on our bench now, but during the bad times - he stood out is what I'm getting at really.

Nae great, but nae 'awful' in that team.

Check out some of our line ups, you'll need a lie down.

Hahaha. I checked on football manager 2010 a couple of months ago and needed a long lie down.

Speaking of McArdle, have we ever had a time at Aberdeen when we've had two centre backs and two full backs, in their best positions?

Fergie deployed Rougvie at left back in the 80s, McArdle was RB a few years back and now we have Considine at LB. Is this a club tradition?

Speaking of McArdle, have we ever had a time at Aberdeen when we've had two centre backs and two full backs, in their best positions?

Fergie deployed Rougvie at left back in the 80s, McArdle was RB a few years back and now we have Considine at LB. Is this a club tradition?

Rougvie to McCardle was a fair jump.

Bradford Head of Recruitment Greg Abbott commented:

"There’s been a lot of interest in Anthony and he’s very well thought of at his former club, Aberdeen."

"It’s always a good sign when a manager is upset to lose a player and I know that Aberdeen definitely wanted to keep the lad."

"It’s no surprise he’s so well thought of because he is a really good professional, and he’s a tough kid. He’s got a great character and brings some real presence and pace to our back line."

"Adding Anthony to the group of lads we've already got here means we’ve got some really good options in defensive areas."

He either hasn't seen Anthony play very often or Bradford must have some really slow defenders if he thinks he is going to give them pace in defence! haha!

Get rid of Taylor YAAAAAAAS

replace with AOC (who couldn't get a game in front of Taylor) WTF?

Get rid of AOC YAAAAAAAAS

Wait, who the fk is McInnes going to replace HIM with? Reynolds maybe?

I hope Devlin is decent & over his injury, so him & McKenna can put our defensive shambles of late to bed.

Get rid of Taylor YAAAAAAAS

replace with AOC (who couldn't get a game in front of Taylor) WTF?

Get rid of AOC YAAAAAAAAS

Wait, who the fk is McInnes going to replace HIM with? Reynolds maybe?

I hope Devlin is decent & over his injury, so him & McKenna can put our defensive shambles of late to bed.

We need another CB.

Unless maybe we get a LB and Consi covers CB