Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Dylan McGeough

Fantastic signing. The Hibs fans are fairly upset that we have signed him. If we can keep him fit we have a great player in our hands. Ojo and Dlyan could be a great midfield.

Why exactly do you think Ojo and McGeouch will make a great midfield? Based on Ojo so far and McGeouch at Hibs, we’ve got two, tidy water carrying deep-lying central midfielders. They are both incredibly similar players. If we were going for another CM, I’d have preferred either a terrier in the Shinnie mould, or an attacking creative type. Worrying lack of physicality in the middle too... neither player is a ball- winner/ tackler.

Why do we need both? Is Ojo a goner? Does McInnes have something different in mind for one of them? McGeouch was great foil for McGinn at hibs, allowing him freedom to drive Hibs forward and play that box to box role... but why do we need him next to Ojo? I’d say there is a chance Ojo’s place is under threat. McGeouch in to release Ferguson would be my guess.

Incidentally, surely Campbell goes out on loan now?

Why exactly do you think Ojo and McGeouch will make a great midfield? Based on Ojo so far and McGeouch at Hibs, we’ve got two, tidy water carrying deep-lying central midfielders. They are both incredibly similar players. If we were going for another CM, I’d have preferred either a terrier in the Shinnie mould, or an attacking creative type. Worrying lack of physicality in the middle too... neither player is a ball- winner/ tackler.

Why do we need both? Is Ojo a goner? Does McInnes have something different in mind for one of them? McGeouch was great foil for McGinn at hibs, allowing him freedom to drive Hibs forward and play that box to box role... but why do we need him next to Ojo? I’d say there is a chance Ojo’s place is under threat. McGeouch in to release Ferguson would be my guess.

We've been short in midfield all season, why would we send a midfielder out on loan after only signing one - that would make no sense. Bryson still going to be out for months.

• Upvote 1

We've been short in midfield all season, why would we send a midfielder out on loan after only signing one - that would make no sense. Bryson still going to be out for months.

Yes, we've been short in midfield all season, yet he's only started 3 league fixtures (correct me if I'm wrong on this..)... Ojo was missing for most of that period. He's now returned and we've just signed Dylan McGeouch. Based on how Campbell has been deployed under McInnes, our manager seems to see him occupying a similar position (if not role) to Ojo and McGeouch (I'm basing my assessment of McGeouch on his Hibs performances). So that's effectively two more players in, ahead of him in the queue.

How does that all equate to you? Is it prudent to have an 18-year old with potential, collecting more splinters in his arse? For me, at that age you should just be playing football. Surely not going to improve sitting on his backside?

• Downvote 1

Don't really get the idea that he is some average player?

If he performs like he did for Hibs it'll be a great signing. Got a place in team of the year and won Hibs player of the year ahead of McGinn.

Like I said in another thread, it's just fashionable to slate every signing the manager makes. IF he stays fit it will definitely be a good signing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I would like to see Ferguson given a run of games in a more forward thinking role. He has a few goals in him given the chance.

• Upvote 1

Come on.  We have Ferguson (who we want further forwards), McGeough, and Ojo with Campbell as back up for a team that typically plays a central three depending on what he's doing full back wise (and winger wise).  Im not writing Bryson off but equally we clearly can't be depending on him either and it never takes much to convince me we've seen the best days of Mcginn either.  Hardly overstaffed in that area where suspension and injury will always loom large.   

Come on.  We have Ferguson (who we want further forwards), McGeough, and Ojo with Campbell as back up for a team that typically plays a central three depending on what he's doing full back wise (and winger wise).  Im not writing Bryson off but equally we clearly can't be depending on him either and it never takes much to convince me we've seen the best days of Mcginn either.  Hardly overstaffed in that area where suspension and injury will always loom large.   

Yes, we've been short in midfield all season, yet he's only started 3 league fixtures (correct me if I'm wrong on this..)... Ojo was missing for most of that period. He's now returned and we've just signed Dylan McGeouch. Based on how Campbell has been deployed under McInnes, our manager seems to see him occupying a similar position (if not role) to Ojo and McGeouch (I'm basing my assessment of McGeouch on his Hibs performances). So that's effectively two more players in, ahead of him in the queue.

How does that all equate to you? Is it prudent to have an 18-year old with potential, collecting more splinters in his arse? For me, at that age you should just be playing football. Surely not going to improve sitting on his backside?

Ojo can't even finish 90 minutes at the moment. McGeouch hasn't played 90 minutes for two months. Would be absolute folly to send Campbell out on loan.

The Dons are needing to get a joiner in at Pittodrie if this splinter problem is as bad as you think it is. 

What?  Replace him sitting on the bench?

That operation that Gleeson was supposedly in for the other day... must have been to remove the splinters from his backside.

Splinters won't get a game.  He hasn't been getting a run with reserves either, so wont be anywhere near match fit.  McInnes won't pitch him into a Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic.

Is Campbell out for next week too?  If he is a doubt, surely this is an opportunity to get some minutes into splinters legs?

Good post.  However, with some of those players, due to the size of our squad, he doesn't have too many other options.

When you look at our bench right now, the squad is in a right mess.... Wilson & May are lost causes.  Gleeson must have splinters in his backside.  Devlin has been woeful since coming back from injury.  After that, we're really looking at the young lads.  It's pretty hopeless... however, McInnes got himself into this mess in the first place, with a dreadful summer.

In my opinion, I think McInnes (and the club) expected that Wilson was going to tear the SPFL a new one this year.  I think this may have been the rationale for linking Wilson with the DNA money initially.  If Wilson had indeed been dynamite, they'd have been riding the fuck out it, you can guarantee that!  

In the end, it has backfired... rather than being seen as a reason for continuing to donate (So we can sign another Wilson for next season), many are probably going to use this as a reason not to renew.  7k per week for a lazy ba$tard with splinters in his backside! 

Gleeson's arse must have splinters in it.... I hope he's invested in some sort of cushion or padded seat cover.

Aye true... but these must be so short of match fitness.  Big ask to pitch them in, when they've had splinters in their arses for the past few weeks!

Time to move on for Bruce?  He's not going to play regularly under McInnes and is at an age where he needs to play every week... at that age you shouldn't be settling for splinters in your arse.

Fantastic loyalty but maybe needs to be selfish and start thinking about his own career.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1