Connor Mclennan

Exciting thing for me regarding McLennan is that I don't think he's starting in his preferred position yet; I see him more of a central striker, maybe in the Stevie May mould of old, running the channels, harrasing defenders etc etc. Imagine him and Anderson starting together, in a year or so?

Think this playing him out wide is just pro tem, until he learns more about the game and acquires the neccesary game intelligence.

EDIT - Note to self; Derek never plays two "up top."

Exciting thing for me regarding McLennan is that I don't think he's starting in his preferred position yet; I see him more of a central striker, maybe in the Stevie May mould of old, running the channels, harrasing defenders etc etc. Imagine him and Anderson starting together, in a year or so?

Think this playing him out wide is just pro tem, until he learns more about the game and acquires the neccesary game intelligence.

EDIT - Note to self; Derek never plays two "up top."

I'd play him as that fabled No.10, just behind Cosgrove. 

I’m sure @MT posted several times that he thought Mclennan was one of the best prospects we’ve had in a long long long long time and that his intelligent play was a joy to behold, also adding he was surprised he wasn’t from the West coast. IIRC!

Yes our Francis was spot on with his analysis of young Connor.  "You can tell just by looking at him how clever he is" was the quote.

I’m sure @MT posted several times that he thought Mclennan was one of the best prospects we’ve had in a long long long long time and that his intelligent play was a joy to behold, also adding he was surprised he wasn’t from the West coast. IIRC!

Compared to Frankie though everyone is intelligent.

Aye, it's he's fairly ruined McLean and Maddisons careers. 

Interesting players to use, one was our player the other wasn't but both suffered from not getting played properly when here.  McLean when he first arrived here Mcinnes threw him on the wing and McLean received a lot of stick for poor performances as he clearly struggled due to not being a winger.  McInnes simply didn't know how to use Maddison as it showed in the league cup final where he was completely misused, I think with him he'd have ended up in the EPL regardless of any input McInnes had in 4 months of having him here.

Interesting players to use, one was our player the other wasn't but both suffered from not getting played properly when here. McLean when he first arrived here Mcinnes threw him on the wing and McLean received a lot of stick for poor performances as he clearly struggled due to not being a winger. McInnes simply didn't know how to use Maddison as it showed in the league cup final where he was completely misused, I think with him he'd have ended up in the EPL regardless of any input McInnes had in 4 months of having him here.

Clutching at straws as usual. Easier to admit you were talking shite.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clutching at straws as usual. Easier to admit you were talking shite.

Cammy Smith, Shankland, Burns, McLaughlin, Wylde, Monakana, McManus, Storie, Rose, Storey Wright and Nwakali are all players that were 22 and under that were classed as having potential and have gone on do very little after suffering at the hands of Mcinnes.  If people want to throw two example at me, one of which is a guy that was already tipped to go to the top of the game then fine batter on but he's hindered more young players careers than he's helped but not giving them enough time or playing them out of position.

• Downvote 4

The only way McInnes helped Maddison was by taking him to Aberdeen to play in the Scottish league and giving him game time against some hatched men. Probably toughened Maddison up, but you only have to look at his highlights reel on youtube from before he came to us, the talent was abundantly clear. There's a video of him when at Coventry u13s or so and he's still doing the same skills then as he is now, how he can control the ball on the turn and beat a man is seriously impressive.

However McLennan is ace. Definitely my faveourite prospect of the youths currently coming through at the moment. 

Cammy Smith, Shankland, Burns, McLaughlin, Wylde, Monakana, McManus, Storie, Rose, Storey Wright and Nwakali are all players that were 22 and under that were classed as having potential and have gone on do very little after suffering at the hands of Mcinnes.  If people want to throw two example at me, one of which is a guy that was already tipped to go to the top of the game then fine batter on but he's hindered more young players careers than he's helped but not giving them enough time or playing them out of position.

:laughing:  :zoomer:  Surely you're fishing with that lot!?

Every single one of those you've mentioned have all gone on to prove that they weren't as good as people thought they were. With the exception of maybe Shankland, and even then he hasn't proven himself at the top level yet, and chose to stick it out in the Championship for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:laughing:  :zoomer:  Surely you're fishing with that lot!?

Every single one of those you've mentioned have all gone on to prove that they weren't as good as people thought they were. With the exception of maybe Shankland, and even then he hasn't proven himself at the top level yet, and chose to stick it out in the Championship for whatever reason. 

It's players that were classed as having potential, they all trained under McInnes, if he's getting credit for making Maddison the player he is now with just 4 months of work then he sure as hell gets credit for failing to get the most out of every one of those players.

• Upvote 2