Sevco Thread

Interesting angle from tim media (I know).

suggesting more than the two named players were present at the party and that coincidentally it was Arfield’s birthday.  N’that.  Naw but.

Kind of thing that doesn’t interest me at face value (seems a bit 2+2 must equal 4 regardless) but it is fair to say that that is what first attracted me to their financial crash - that the RTC boy consistently would say here’s the facts AND here’s how the media will present them.  He was unerringly correct.  Love to think it was the same here.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:27 PM, afc1903mad said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath

I am an active SNP supporter and supporter of independence, nothing angered me more that not only didn’t they get grilled but sturgeon actively congratulated the efforts of the hun club thus far?, so the shameful bashing of the Aberdeen players on national tv has been confirmed as a political stunt to hammer the unionist north east for years of conservative voting. Very poor show from her and won’t go down well with non living in Aberdeen supporting fans 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A see Lennon agrees with my sentiments, out this morning in the papers saying exactly what I said!, Pity he couldn’t come out and apologise on behalf of brown as to why brown didn’t even get yellow carded for the challenge on watkins that has put him out for 2 months?,wonder if that will be in the paper or talked about

42 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

A see Lennon agrees with my sentiments, out this morning in the papers saying exactly what I said!, Pity he couldn’t come out and apologise on behalf of brown as to why brown didn’t even get yellow carded for the challenge on watkins that has put him out for 2 months?,wonder if that will be in the paper or talked about

I'd hardly compare Jones and Edmundson going to a house party to Bolingoli taking a flight to Portugal, meeting a chick for a night out, rocking back to Glasgow and on to the pitch at Rugby park. That was a sackable offence.

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'd hardly compare Jones and Edmundson going to a house party to Bolingoli taking a flight to Portugal, meeting a chick for a night out, rocking back to Glasgow and on to the pitch at Rugby park. That was a sackable offence.

A was talking about double standards!

was the dons lads going to a pub at the start of the pandemic not the same as going to a house party?

i agree bolingoli is worse 

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

He's won fuck all in what the English consider a diddy league, spending a decent amount of money in the process. So doubt it'll be soon. 

Agree with the not winning anything in our league but he has a decent European record and he has not spent anywhere near the sort of cash that gets thrown around down south.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye but the point is it’s relative to the league you’re in, surely?

And yet he’s won fuck all.

One cup final is all he’s managed domestically 

Reckon prospective owners will look at his European record over his domestic record given the (unfair) perception of the Scottish game down south.

It's his European record that's saved him.  

His domestic record up to now has been quite poor. 

But at the end of the day it's Europa League which is barely on the register of top English clubs who generally play squad players until they reach the latter stages. 

I'm sure he'd get some offers but not at the level he probably thinks he should be getting. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's his European record that's saved him.  

His domestic record up to now has been quite poor. 

But at the end of the day it's Europa League which is barely on the register of top English clubs who generally play squad players until they reach the latter stages. 

I'm sure he'd get some offers but not at the level he probably thinks he should be getting. 

That’ll change maybe if they win the league, which I think they will.