Aberdeen Parkrun

TwoStars

Hill running is the way forward TwoStars min.

Did the Durn Hill yesterday. Will be doing that each day this week then onto the Knock Hill the following week.

A bit of a slog on the way up but worth it when you reach the summit.

Nice going boof. I would struggle with hill walking never mind hill running.

You'll have to take me out and show me the ropes sometime.

• 1 year later...

Did this for the first time at the weekend at Hazelhead. Very impressed with the organisation and wasn't expecting there to be quite so many people taking part. Looks like the one at the beach has twice as many runners as well. I'm not an enthusiastic runner but now I have a time to beat I want to do it again this weekend!

Yeah, the one at the beach is quite popular and a lot flatter than Hazelhead if you want that PB :)

There's also a really decent one in Ellon

Just seen your time. Very impressive..... take a minute off that time for the beach....

Yeah, the one at the beach is quite popular and a lot flatter than Hazelhead if you want that PB :)

There's also a really decent one in Ellon

Just seen your time. Very impressive..... take a minute off that time for the beach....

There are a lot of fast times at the beach parkrun so I'd be way down the leaderboard on that one. I think 5k is about my limit before start to hate the fact I am running. Maybe I'll start to enjoy it though, who knows. It's much more enjoyable/bearable in a organised event such as this as there is always someone to catch/stay ahead of.

There are a lot of fast times at the beach parkrun so I'd be way down the leaderboard on that one. I think 5k is about my limit before start to hate the fact I am running. Maybe I'll start to enjoy it though, who knows. It's much more enjoyable/bearable in a organised event such as this as there is always someone to catch/stay ahead of.

You'll certainly each week continue to want to push yourself harder to get that PB.

Great event!

just looked at the course route for Hazlehead, does the path not get too congested when heading back down to the finish? At least at the beach you return on the lower prom.

Keep at it though, it's a good starting point.

I was fine as only had this one bird in front of me who I was chasing ( :checkit:) but I guess it would if you were in amongst a pack of them. The bitch beat me by 1 second.

Any tidy birds doing this? My mate wants to know

A mixed bag. Plenty of lycra.