Online Club Shop

Does it not maximise the profits keeping it in house?

Due to the shop location we probably are missing out on customers though.

It maximises profits but decreases volume and visibility.

My sis in law who knows nothing about football wanted to buy her son (a Dons fan thanks to my influence/bullying) a football shirt recently. She was distressed she couldn't find him a Dons strip so rather than come home empty handed, bought him a CHELSEA strip. I'm certain there are hundreds of others out there in a similar position.

The club shop does not earn any passing trade. You have to be specifically going there. They're missing out on lots of sales because of their short-sightedness. And the internet site is utterly appalling. To call it amateur is being kind to them.

My sis in law who knows nothing about football wanted to buy her son (a Dons fan thanks to my influence/bullying) a football shirt recently. She was distressed she couldn't find him a Dons strip so rather than come home empty handed, bought him a CHELSEA strip. I'm certain there are hundreds of others out there in a similar position.

The club shop does not earn any passing trade. You have to be specifically going there. They're missing out on lots of sales because of their short-sightedness. And the internet site is utterly appalling. To call it amateur is being kind to them.

Yeah it's ridiculous. Considering the support we have, they are missing out big style by not sorting this out

That's what I was getting at but you worded it better.

What we need is a stall in Union Square selling home and away tops and tickets. Massive passing trade and a small expense (£3k pm for the stall + wages, costs etc.) for what would be the best advertising space in Aberdeen!

Sounds like a decent idea. Maybe getting a few of the players to work behind the stall as well to drum up interest and get more people visiting it. Maybe not Flood though, he's got a face for radio.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like a decent idea. Maybe getting a few of the players to work behind the stall as well to drum up interest and get more people visiting it. Maybe not Flood though, he's got a face for radio.

I think a lassie with big yams, long legs and a short skirt would work better!

• Upvote 2

Yams?

yam.jpg

I'm not sure how a woman holding a few vegetables is going to increase shirt sales

I was thinking more along the lines of...

denise_milani_sexy_secretary-22.jpg

Edit: Michty me! What a size!! And I'm nae talking about her breests. Sorry mods. I'll awa and try and find something smaller.

the airport shop idea is a briliant one

folk coming here for business would maybe buy something as a souvenir too

The airport idea is good one - most airports I have been to have at least the local teams strip for sale in the duty free shop/souvenir shop.

Lots of business men looking for an easy gift for thier kids - would at worst get folk last minute buying for holidays etc.

I know, im full of them.

It's a good idea for an airport that flies to hundreds of destinations directly. Aberdeen has about a dozen overseas destinations at best.

There wouldn't be the demand at ABZ compared with other larger airports.

So should we sell Aberdeen tops at Prestwick then? Fud.

It's a good idea for an airport that flies to hundreds of destinations directly. Aberdeen has about a dozen overseas destinations at best.

There wouldn't be the demand at ABZ compared with other larger airports.

I can count 33 different overseas destinations on ABZ's Wikipedia's page.

It's also currently the 14th Busiest in the UK, where do you suggest we put the shop instead that's busier?

• A London Airport?
  • One of the Central Belt pair?
  • Manchester?
  • Belfast??

All it needs is a rail in the "Scottish" tat bit of the Duty-free with a few current Home Kits and an Angus the Bull toy, then every guilt ridden businessman who's missed some event in their kids life can go buy them a shitty little gift to make up for it.

The fact that the majority of flights from Aberdeen are to London, Shetland & Norway is about as relevant as a 'Bluto' post.