Motherwell V Aberdeen

Who should we have signed that’s of equal ability of Jack and McLean?

Not being a full time scout I couldn't tell you exactly. What I could tell you is that someone like Dominic ball was not going to be good enough. Gleeson and Forrester I've no idea about as I've barely seen them but it doesn't look like they are the answer at the moment. Given that these 3 have all been identified by mcinnes and or his scouting team then questions have to be asked about their ability.

Are you suggesting that aiming to bring in footballers of equal ability to jack and mclean was unrealistic?

As sure as night follows day, Cosgrove will start next week.

The only real conundrum next week is whether Devlin is fit, and if he is, I've no doubt Consi will start at left back with, as you say, Lowe wide left in a midfield 4, at the expense of McGinn. Him, May and Wilson all played themselves out of a Cup Final starting place yesterday.

Dom Ball will defo start

Lewis

Logan

Devlin

McKenna

Consi

Ball

GMS

Fergie

Shinnie

Lowe

Cosgrove

If Devlin doesn't start, Consi will step into central defense, Lowe to LB and probably McGinn to left midfield

That line up is awful. Sadly think its what will be though.

That line up is awful. Sadly think its what will be though.

Yeah, as much 6ft plus guys in their as possible, to make sure we have enough "size".

Set up to stay in the game for as long as possible and use set pieces as our main attacking threat in the hope of nicking a goal to give us something to hold onto.

Horrible as fuck but I'm not sure we have any other option.

Will be delighted if it works but were up against on form attacking players who are streets ahead of what hibs and rangers offered in previous rounds.

Guest milne_afc

Also grasping at the 'law of averages' straw for this one. What's Rodgers record in domestic cup ties? He can't win every one forever.

He's won them all.

Just caught the goals from Saturday, it's not often I use this word, but all of those goals are disgusting ones to concede. Especially the first one. Not one player Is bursting his arse to get back, McGinn trotting back with all the pace of an overweight retarded Celtic fan, which he is. Someone on my twitter feed said it was 'McGhee era bad.' All of those goals are as calamitous and horrendous as everything we had to endure under that seagull faced cretin.

Really need a reaction this Sunday otherwise it's, once again, question marks over McInnes. I could easily take a defeat against Celtic, they are superior opposition, but I couldn't take one with the levels of effort on show from yesterday.

What an embarrassment that was, no doubt caused by complacency due to a feeling of having finally found our stride this season.

Anyway, a real showing up for a bunch of players who are obviously nowhere near as good as they think.

And what a great preparation for the cup final FFS. Sellick will be expecting to have a field day now.

Set up to stay in the game for as long as possible and use set pieces as our main attacking threat in the hope of nicking a goal to give us something to hold onto.

Horrible as fuck but I'm not sure we have any other option.

Sadly you are right.

They will be looking at it similar to the semi the huns, in that we aim to soak up a lot of pressure and get something from a set play.

One would hope the desire to salvage some pride after the weekend there might gee them up a bit, but I fear that's clutching at straws.

That's as bad as I've seen us for a long time. That Motherwell team are rank rotten and we got absolutely bent over. It is far worse than the defeats by them last season as they at least had a half decent team in those games.

Considine is not a centre half and is purely left back cover, McGinn is miles off the pace, GMS absolutely not interested on Saturday either. We don't have one half decent striker.(harsh on young Anderson as he's not been given a shot) but Wilson, May and Cosgrove are pretty bad.

Just caught the goals from Saturday, it's not often I use this word, but all of those goals are disgusting ones to concede. Especially the first one. Not one player Is bursting his arse to get back, McGinn trotting back with all the pace of an overweight retarded Celtic fan, which he is. Someone on my twitter feed said it was 'McGhee era bad.' All of those goals are as calamitous and horrendous as everything we had to endure under that seagull faced cretin.

Really need a reaction this Sunday otherwise it's, once again, question marks over McInnes. I could easily take a defeat against Celtic, they are superior opposition, but I couldn't take one with the levels of effort on show from yesterday.

Also the first goal........Logan had the guy pushed out to the left, why the fuck did he let him in and have a crack with his right foot?

Second goal...no one on the posts and a sklaff clearance from May didnt help

Taken me a few days to recover from watching this game of 'football'.

Lewis - Could have done better with first and second goal i thought. 

Logan - Seems to have lost his ability to attack and also tackle for that matter. 

Considine - Love the man as much as the next person but he really isn't good at football. What the hell was he doing dribbling out of the defence.

Mckenna - Shite but better than considine.

Lowe - had a decent game but being the only one didn't count for much, let down by team mates. 

Ferguson - Bit wasteful with the ball and caught out of position a couple of times. 

Shinnie - tried to drive forward when possible but either picked the wrong pass or didn't have anybody to pass to as may was running about like a headless chicken, wilson moved at turtle pace and the fat fuck Mcginn was busy thinking about what he was having for his dinner. GMS dosnt even deserve a comment. 

Mcginn - shite, unfit , lazy.

GMS - shite, Hid most of the game and when he did pop up created absolutely hee haw

May - Makes me want to cry

Wilson - absolutely fucking horse shite get him playing with the reserves.

Next week could be very interesting 

That's just what Logan does it's probably his most consistent fault. He backs off players that are running at him and just lets them cut inside far too easily to shoot. He's been caught like that far too many times in his AFC career.

He must get coached to do that, right? It's happened so many times, it's not like the coaching staff haven't noticed.

Do the Dons have striker coaches?

If they do, the should be shot

They'd probably miss!

It is concerning that we only seem to now play well on the attack if GMS is playing well.

Too many passengers (Wilson, May, Cosgrove, McGinn) who are supposed to be game changers winning us games.

Hopefully this kicks them up the arse to burst the gut on Sunday. A lot of last chances for a few of our players on Sunday I reckon.

Logan has been absolutely shite for about a season now. Suppose that's what happens when he has absolutely no challenge for his position whatsoever.

He was excellent in the semi final. Otherwise, dogshit, aye.

I think our midfield is the main problem.

Lewis Ferguson has popped up with a few important goals right enough, but is he a take the game by the scruff of the neck player? I don't think so, not at the moment anyway. He needs an actual midfielder in there with him teaching him the game, Shinnie is a left back. He's technically not good enough as a midfielder and is often found wanting with passing and guile. He's in there solely to nip into tackles and hurry us forward and other teams out of possession. For our strikers to get chances one of these two has to be dropped, and we have to persevere with a creative midfielder. Too often does Derek take out ability for strength or height- as in putting Consi LB over Lowe for set pieces. Or putting Ball in midfield when Wright is chomping at the bit to play and has looked decent every time I've seen him this season. We're still too cautious of the opposition, need to find the right formula as soon as possible.

It's a pity it's December and we're in a cup final with the team playing so stop start. Top 4 would be a good season with this squad IMO.

Logan at fault for two of the goals. The third was a bit of a fluke tbh. 

Lowe looked excellent in the highlights, probably the only positive coming from that game. We created some decent chances, fucked them up and conceded really poor goals. We usually don't have two games like that in a row, so i'm hoping it's a blessing in disguise that it happened on Saturday rather than possibly happening in the final! (might still happen mind you...)