The Mckenna Dilemma

he's not insanely fast.

I don't think you get a medal for being one of the fastest at the club when we only have 14 players and some of them are Considine, Reynolds and Rooney

He's not "insanely fast", no. He's certainly not a slow, lumbering centre half though, like was implied. For a defender of his size and build, I'd say he's on the quick side.

We had no say in Fraser leaving?

True, but he was poorly managed to the point he was offered very poor terms for a contract renewal for someone of his undoubted promise, and so with him in particular there’s an obvious parallel with McKenna who’s signed a big one. Better management might’ve seen the kind of scenario we’re seeing here with McKenna, rather than making it easy for him to leave.

Guest the shepherd

Players look like ants on the telly.

It's worse at the back of the top deck of the RDS. Players are like subbuteo men watching from there.

No, but then he would have been tested against top players

But you said a few posts back celtic players would go for more because they have champions league experience, bigger crowds and better players etc etc and he has played against them and won

So he has been tested against a champions league team that have taken two draws of the english premier league champions

Made up bullshit is made up bullshit, doesnt matter what their angle is.

They should be doing it for all Scottish clubs/Scottish football though & not just the arse cheek players.

Good that they are finally trying to help promote values of players outwith the arse cheeks.

If any of the arse cheeks were rumored to be interested in McKenna though, does anyone believe they would have ran any kind of story with a value of £10m for him lol

The agenda is still there but it's just nice to see they are maybe considering trying to actually promote the whole game in this country now rather than just two teams

They should be doing it for all Scottish clubs/Scottish football though & not just the arse cheek players.

Good that they are finally trying to help promote values of players outwith the arse cheeks.

If any of the arse cheeks were rumored to be interested in McKenna though, does anyone believe they would have ran any kind of story with a value of £10m for him lol

The agenda is still there but it's just nice to see they are maybe considering trying to actually promote the whole game in this country now rather than just two teams

On my phone so cant +1 but good post

You think McKenna is slow?

That's not quite what I'm saying. I was meaning I think he might not be quick enough to earn a huge transfer fee ie. £60 million. Happy to be proved wrong.

Definitely wasn't meaning mentally slow, if that's what you thought I was implying.

At least your lad will be happy with the lack of signings!

Aye, the 10m morelos story we moan they're helping the old firm

They do it for one of our players and they're still in the wrong

Pathetic

Aye, that would be a good comparison were it true.

Morelos story was a piss take that ended up working perfectly. Huns thought there was something in it for a while. I bet they thought the money was in the bank.

He won the league with us in 1980.

hardly impacts the inflationary element of what i said - forgive me, i was only 9 at time , so guess i have bad memory............ directionally the observation is still correct - you should have picked up that it was 800K rather than 900K

The Retard deemed us worthy of one of their made-up column filling non-stories! Whoop di doo. Youre easily pleased.

hardly impacts the inflationary element of what i said - forgive me, i was only 9 at time , so guess i have bad memory............ directionally the observation is still correct - you should have picked up that it was 800K rather than 900K

Anyway. I'm not sure you're correct. We sold some players to England back in the pre war days for what was considered big money at the time. Using the inflation argument I'm not sure Archibald would be the record transfer fee received. I'm not sure it's even a thing anyway as you're the only person I've ever heard use it. No club in the world lists their record transfer fees based on inflation.

Aye, that would be a good comparison were it true.

Morelos story was a piss take that ended up working perfectly. Huns thought there was something in it for a while. I bet they thought the money was in the bank.

It wasn't even a piss take, it was a fully paid for PR story.

Essentially journalists printing lies at the behest of PR companies.

So not comparable at all.

But you said a few posts back celtic players would go for more because they have champions league experience, bigger crowds and better players etc etc and he has played against them and won

So he has been tested against a champions league team that have taken two draws of the english premier league champions

McKenna was suspended for the last game of the season (but point taken).

That's not quite what I'm saying. I was meaning I think he might not be quick enough to earn a huge transfer fee ie. £60 million. Happy to be proved wrong.

Definitely wasn't meaning mentally slow, if that's what you thought I was implying.

At least your lad will be happy with the lack of signings!

I think what you were saying is youre clueless.

• Upvote 1