Thread O Mass Shootings

Ke1t

92% of Democratic voters say they want tighter gun laws. Even a slight majority of the subhuman scum that are Republicans want tighter gun laws. 

Politicians who are being paid millions by the arms industry don't want tighter gun laws. So we get no tighter gun laws. 

If that were the case then why do they continue to vote for politicians who are 'pro gun'. In the run up to the elections just held I heard a few candidates on both sides make it clear that they "like" guns, they are proud to own guns. Seems to me that if the anti gun lobby was as strong as you indicate, they'd get tighter gun laws fairly easily. 

If that were the case then why do they continue to vote for politicians who are 'pro gun'. In the run up to the elections just held I heard a few candidates on both sides make it clear that they "like" guns, they are proud to own guns. Seems to me that if the anti gun lobby was as strong as you indicate, they'd get tighter gun laws fairly easily. 

Well, you're confusing the anti-gun lobby with people who just want tighter gun controls, I think. 

I'm not anti-gun... but by the same token I don't think you should be able to walk into a gun show and buy an AR-15 or an M82 without all sorts of background checks and psychiatric evaluation.  

of that 92% who want tighter regulation, perhaps 20% might identify as 'anti-gun'. 

I'm a gun owner, in fact I own multiple guns... but if legislation was passed tomorrow that said I had to go get a psychiatric evaluation or I lose my guns, or if I fail the psych exam I still lose my guns, then I'd be 100% on board with that.  I think most sane gun owners probably feel exactly the same way. 

Here's the problem. 

Any gun legislation has to pass through the Senate. 

The Senate is controlled by the Republicans, because most states are Republican states. 

Republican voters are, for the most part, uneducated, inbred shitwits who say moronic shit like, "You'll take my gun from my cold, dead hands."  I know, right? 

So in the Blue States, where levels of education... not to mention tooth ownership... is far higher, voters generally WILL support senators who advocate gun legislation. But there aren't enough Democratic senators to do shit about it, because the Republicans are not budging. And they're not budging because they get millions in kickbacks from the arms manufacturers, plus their own retarded base would kick them out if they tried to reform gun laws. 

This is primarily a problem perpetuated by low-education, right wing retards. 

Maybe if there's a spate of mass shootings in trailer parks, farms, or welfare offices the Republican base will take the problem more seriously. 

• Downvote 1

Well, you're confusing the anti-gun lobby with people who just want tighter gun controls, I think. 

I'm not anti-gun... but by the same token I don't think you should be able to walk into a gun show and buy an AR-15 or an M82 without all sorts of background checks and psychiatric evaluation.  

of that 92% who want tighter regulation, perhaps 20% might identify as 'anti-gun'. 

I'm a gun owner, in fact I own multiple guns... but if legislation was passed tomorrow that said I had to go get a psychiatric evaluation or I lose my guns, or if I fail the psych exam I still lose my guns then, I'd be 100% on board with that.  I think most sane gun owners probably feel exactly the same way. 

Here's the problem. 

Any gun legislation has to pass through the Senate. 

The Senate is controlled by the Republicans, because most states are Republican states. 

Republican voters are, for the most part, uneducated, inbred shitwits who say moronic shit like, "You'll take my gun from my cold, dead hands."  I know, right? 

So in the Blue States, where levels of education... not to mention tooth ownership... is far higher, voters generally WILL support senators who advocate gun legislation. But there aren't enough Democratic senators to do shit about it, because the Republicans are not budging. And they're not budging because they get millions in kickbacks from the arms manufacturers, plus their own retarded base would kick them out if they tried to reform gun laws. 

This is primarily a problem perpetuated by low-education, right wing retards. 

Maybe if there's a spate of mass shootings in trailer parks, farms, or welfare offices the Republican base will take the problem more seriously. 

Good post Kelt and I agree with most of your points, but it does seem a bit perverse on the one hand to blame the hard line ultra right and the arms manufacturers while at the same time admitting openly that you own a mini arsenal of your own. Good hunting down your way or do you just like guns?

kelt, are the democratic states the ones on the west coast and the north east?

Dem States traditionally New England, the West Coast, and Michigan... 

Trump flipped Michigan in '16... because we have a lot of fucktards in this state. 

The Red States are also know as the 'Flyover States', because there's fuck all reason to visit them... you fly over them on your way to civilised states. 

You see a map of the US and the Republicans point and say, "Lookee thar! See how much Red thur is on that thur map!"

Well, aye... but most of that is empty fucking farmland. And farmland doesn't vote. The population is centered in the big cities in the north east and the west... you know, where schools and dentists are.

Anyway... fuck. 

2016mapLN-articleLarge.png?quality=90&au

• Downvote 1

Good post Kelt and I agree with most of your points, but it does seem a bit perverse on the one hand to blame the hard line ultra right and the arms manufacturers while at the same time admitting openly that you own a mini arsenal of your own. Good hunting down your way or do you just like guns?

I don't see it as perverse since, as I mentioned, I'm not anti-gun. I am, however, for tight regulation.  I vote Democrat, and the Senators, governors, and representatives I vote for are usually running on a platform that demands tighter legislation. 

I think you can have guns in society and not have mass shootings, but unfortunately it's legal for the mentally ill to buy guns... even assault rifles. People with rage issues can buy a gun. People who threaten to kill just a whole bunch of people can go buy a gun.  Everyone gets a gun.  

The guns I own all serve a purpose, and weren't bought because I like to punch my clown to firearms. 

I own a shotgun which I keep in my home up north. This is for shooting Deliverance-type backwoods intruders/potential rapists or scaring off bears, coyotes, and wildcats, pest control, and maybe firing into the air wildly on the 4th of July. 

I own a 9mm Beretta. This is for home defence in my house in the city. I'm close to Detroit, so any brother climbing in my window at 3am is going to be... let's see if I can get this right... is going to be packing a gat to pop a cap in my white ass. I'd like to be able to shoot that guy. 

I own a .22 rifle. This is also for pest control and target practice. Ammo is cheap, and I can fire a thousand rounds for under fifty bucks.

And really that's about it. No assault rifles, no military weaponry, just the basics to have parity with the loons.

My perspective is that if a potential intruder is going to be armed then I'm going to be armed. If I thought he was carrying just a knife then the cricket bat I had in Aberdeen would probably suffice.  I might still own a shotgun, because cricket bat vs Black Bear might not go too well. 

I don't love guns, but they're a necessity unfortunately. I try to be responsible about ownership, but lots of people aren't.

• Downvote 1

Serious question Kelt... what the fuck do you need multiple guns for?

Understand self protection or for hunting but i’m assuming you’re not staying in a warzone council

estate where you might need to barricade the kids in a bunker and start launching grenades out of your window and going Millertime with an AK47

I don't see it as perverse since, as I mentioned, I'm not anti-gun. I am, however, for tight regulation.  I vote Democrat, and the Senators, governors, and representatives I vote for are usually running on a platform that demands tighter legislation. 

I think you can have guns in society and not have mass shootings, but unfortunately it's legal for the mentally ill to buy guns... even assault rifles. People with rage issues can buy a gun. People who threaten to kill just a whole bunch of people can go buy a gun.  Everyone gets a gun.  

The guns I own all serve a purpose, and weren't bought because I like to punch my clown to firearms. 

I own a shotgun which I keep in my home up north. This is for shooting Deliverance-type backwoods intruders/potential rapists or scaring off bears, coyotes, and wildcats, pest control, and maybe firing into the air wildly on the 4th of July. 

I own a 9mm Beretta. This is for home defence in my house in the city. I'm close to Detroit, so any brother climbing in my window at 3am is going to be... let's see if I can get this right... is going to be packing a gat to pop a cap in my white ass. I'd like to be able to shoot that guy. 

I own a .22 rifle. This is also for pest control and target practice. Ammo is cheap, and I can fire a thousand rounds for under fifty bucks.

And really that's about it. No assault rifles, no military weaponry, just the basics to have parity with the loons.

My perspective is that if a potential intruder is going to be armed then I'm going to be armed. If I thought he was carrying just a knife then the cricket bat I had in Aberdeen would probably suffice.  I might still own a shotgun, because cricket bat vs Black Bear might not go too well. 

I don't love guns, but they're a necessity unfortunately. I try to be responsible about ownership, but lots of people aren't.

Thanks for the explanation mate. Not often we get the chance to discuss this with someone who is on the ground and I still have a lot of questions, but that is for another day. It seems America has got itself in a helluva mess over this issue and nothing I have heard suggests there are any solutions coming any time soon.

Serious question Kelt... what the fuck do you need multiple guns for?

Understand self protection or for hunting but i’m assuming you’re not staying in a warzone council

estate where you might need to barricade the kids in a bunker and start launching grenades out of your window and going Millertime with an AK47

Downstate I stay in a pretty decent area, I think... but we have proximity to Detroit. It would be absolutely mental to not to own a gun. Cricket bat vs Black lad with a Glock doesn't protect me or my family, ergo I own a handgun. 

Upstate I live in a forest. There are big, wild animals that can get pissy when they see you on 'their' territory, or think you're otherwise a threat to their young. Now I'm pretty sure I could punch fuck out of a black bear or a 300lb, antler-having male deer, but just in case... like most rural bumpkin sorts... I'd rather not have to get into unarmed combat against either one. 

The .22 is for general target practice and critter control. 

I have never shot a black person, a bear, or a critter, and hopefully never will.  But in the case that such an event arises I have the tools at my disposal to deal with the situation. 

• Downvote 1

Downstate I stay in a pretty decent area, I think... but we have proximity to Detroit. It would be absolutely mental to not to own a gun. Cricket bat vs Black lad with a Glock doesn't protect me or my family, ergo I own a handgun.

Upstate I live in a forest. There are big, wild animals that can get pissy when they see you on 'their' territory, or think you're otherwise a threat to their young. Now I'm pretty sure I could punch fuck out of a black bear or a 300lb, antler-having male deer, but just in case... like most rural bumpkin sorts... I'd rather not have to get into unarmed combat against either one.

The .22 is for general target practice and critter control.

I have never shot a black person, a bear, or a critter, and hopefully never will. But in the case that such an event arises I have the tools at my disposal to deal with the situation.

Build a bigger wall around that upstate hoose

Understand the logic RE self defence. And that's it. No point in being responsible and not owning a weapon when the cunt coming through the door is armed. Rather he lost his head than me.

Is the 9mm Barretta at hand at nights etc? Do they need to be regularly serviced/ cleaned?

Discharging rounds from the SA80 and having to strip it and clean it was frustrating. That carbon shit gets everywhere.

Totally agree re self defence I have a strategically placed 7 iron (ironically pish at golf) that will be utilised clean across somebodies dish if ever required should some prick break into my house.

However having access to a machine gun under my bed after we have lost to the Huns would not be a good idea.

Build a bigger wall around that upstate hoose

Understand the logic RE self defence. And that's it. No point in being responsible and not owning a weapon when the cunt coming through the door is armed. Rather he lost his head than me.

Is the 9mm Barretta at hand at nights etc? Do they need to be regularly serviced/ cleaned?

Discharging rounds from the SA80 and having to strip it and clean it was frustrating. That carbon shit gets everywhere.

The Beretta is easy as piss to clean. I literally asked the guy at the shop to sell me a gun that a moron could shoot and service without killing himself or those around him. Apparently that's a Beretta. Can strip it and clean it in 15 minutes. I have a safe on my bedside cabinet with two loaded clips in there next to the gun. I can be ready to shoot and pissing my knickers ten seconds after hearing the alarm go off. Pre-gun I went downstairs waving my jungle knife last time the alarm went off. It was only later that I realised that an intruder would have put half a dozen bullets in me from across the room as I stood there waving my knife with my cock hanging out the front of my jammies. 

Compared to a military weapon like the SA80 my guns are toys you could give the slow kids to play with. 

I don't know much about NATO rounds, but I assume they're using cheap rounds with low grade powder since they're tendering to the cheapest bidder. They no doubt reckon the problem with soot can be addressed by making the squaddies clean their equipment more often. Apparently it has something to do with the expense of chemical separation in the powder becoming more expensive the purer they make it... the purer powder will fire more reliably, but it costs way more per round to do that on an ever steeper curve, so diminishing returns means the army gets the cheap stuff, I imagine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Serious question Kelt... what the fuck do you need multiple guns for? why the fuck do you live in that country?

:laughing:

A valid question, I suppose. 

It's a brilliant place to live. There's a lot of negatives for sure, but the positives far outweigh them. 

Also, weed legislation just got passed... so in about two years time I can grow 12 plants for personal use.

I believe 'haha terrific' is the expression used round these parts.  :thumbup1: