Cycling

• 7 months later...

Popped into a shop at lunchtime and met the legend that is Greame Obree, still a daftie, still cycling about everywhere (no actually sure he can drive?) and still a down to earth guy that blether's away to anyone - always good when a hero isn't a twat.

7 minutes ago, sigh said:

Popped into a shop at lunchtime and met the legend that is Greame Obree, still a daftie, still cycling about everywhere (no actually sure he can drive?) and still a down to earth guy that blether's away to anyone - always good when a hero isn't a twat.

Was it him that built his own bike out of old washing machine parts n stuff?Or am I thinking of someone else? 

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Do you drive Dave?

Yes.

Down the beach earlier?

No.

Saw a car with a reg plate close to your handle on the socials. Just thought of yourself straight away.

I'd be suing the cunt if it wasn't you.

I’m very unhappy with this development. What sort of car was it?

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Unbelievable crash, must have been nervous coming back from that.

interested to know what drugs they’re all taking, there’s no chance it’s clean 

I'd like to believe it's clean nowadays but I've been let down before. I doubt that the blood doping and injections of the past are still happening but cycling's (unfortunately)  always been at the forefront of doping in sports. The training and nutrition as well as the tech involved in bike design has come on in leaps and bounds however.

On 6/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, johnstrac said:

I'd like to believe it's clean nowadays but I've been let down before. I doubt that the blood doping and injections of the past are still happening but cycling's (unfortunately)  always been at the forefront of doping in sports. The training and nutrition as well as the tech involved in bike design has come on in leaps and bounds however.

I doubt its clean, too much money in it  - and also doubt the bikes arent "assisted/ebikes", especially when allowed to swap bikes for certain parts of the race etc.

4 hours ago, sigh said:

I doubt its clean, too much money in it  - and also doubt the bikes arent "assisted/ebikes", especially when allowed to swap bikes for certain parts of the race etc.

Surely not ! The aero benefits  these days mean bike swapping is less of a thing than it was, depends on the slope though.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2023 at 12:09 PM, sigh said:

Aye, cause that clearly worked for Pogacar on Tuesdays TT. They must've forgot to charge his "e-bike" when he swapped bikes.

I'm as keen a cyclist as there is and I'm always optimistic but the sport's shit it's own nest too often for folks to accept things at face value. I sincerely hope Jonas and Poj are above board but those were 2 devastating TT's, although it does seem to have f***ed Poj up.

I can't go with the e-bike theory though, too easily detected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...