New Stadium Approved

That appears less appealing than getting one bus there or back from town even if it took 10 minutes longer.

If you're straight on a bus after full-time, then possibly.

But the shuttle buses would be more frequent from Dyce on account it's a shorter and quicker journey, so if you're at the back of the queue at Kingsford your quickest route might be via Dyce. Especially if you were heading to somewhere like Inverurie.

They need a solution that doesn't involve multiple buses or trains, unless there were a train connected to Kingsford, because that will guarantee empty seats. The 5000 big game charlies, or those with piss easy travel just now, won't be enticed by that.

So what would be your solution if buses aren't workable?

And if there is "5,000 big game Charlie's", then they only need to worry about it once or twice a season, so why would it put them off?

Scotrail apparently interested in a link-up with Dyce station and Kingsford.

Would require some sort of infrastructure works at Dyce as it's not the easiest for buses at the moment, but the plan would be Scotrail would send some extra services* on match day to Dyce, with the shuttle buses picking up directly from there to the stadium. Something I've been saying should be done for ages, rather than trying to fire all the shuttle buses up the busiest two roads.

According to google maps, the travel time between Dyce station down the new AWPR to Kingsford is just 12-14 minutes. Even accounting for football traffic it'll be a lot quicker than trying to get from Kingsford back to the main station in guild street.

*Dont know what these services are. Could be extra services on the Inverurie-Laurencekirk line, or just a straight link back and forth to the city centre.

They are supposed to be planning to Link Dyce station - new AECC - and the airport

If you're straight on a bus after full-time, then possibly.

But the shuttle buses would be more frequent from Dyce on account it's a shorter and quicker journey, so if you're at the back of the queue at Kingsford your quickest route might be via Dyce. Especially if you were heading to somewhere like Inverurie.

So what would be your solution if buses aren't workable?

And if there is "5,000 big game Charlie's", then they only need to worry about it once or twice a season, so why would it put them off?

The aim's surely to turn BGCs into regulars or season ticket holders and have a full stadium.

I think the club need to provide routes with lots of stops that go to Kingsford from everywhere. For example start at Guild Street, through Ruthrieston, Garthdee and Cults stopping regularly like a normal bus, then across to Kingsford. Much easier than everyone having to go to Guild Street to get one out or back.

They are supposed to be planning to Link Dyce station - new AECC - and the airport

Aye, it's Labour pushing that. Doubt it'll ever see the light of day. They reckon it'll cost £70m for something that's not really needed. They could spend a quarter of that helping Aberdeen stay at Pittodrie.

Not sure how it really helps Kingsford anyway unless they plan to eventually extend it out to there, which I'd imagine would be a hell of a lot more than £70m.

The aim's surely to turn BGCs into regulars or season ticket holders and have a full stadium.

I think the club need to provide routes with lots of stops that go to Kingsford from everywhere. For example start at Guild Street, through Ruthrieston, Garthdee and Cults stopping regularly like a normal bus, then across to Kingsford. Much easier than everyone having to go to Guild Street to get one out or back.

Well, aye, I agree with you there, though even the most updated shuttle bus plan did have routes leaving from different parts of the city and had pick ups at various places along the way.

A bus plan is workable. They just need more buses to make it work.

• Downvote 1

The club could buy some buses.

They will. They'll announce a deal where Aberdeen get exclusive access on match days, and the rest of the week they are used by the council/bus company-they-partnered-up-with. Probanhy be electric buses too. Photo op with Humza Youssaf, the lord provost, Stewart Milne, and manager Barry Robson.

If I'm wrong I'll buy you a season ticket for Loirston every season for the rest of your life.

They will. They'll announce a deal where Aberdeen get exclusive access on match days, and the rest of the week they are used by the council/bus company-they-partnered-up-with. Probanhy be electric buses too. Photo op with Humza Youssaf, the lord provost, Stewart Milne, and manager Barry Robson.

If I'm wrong I'll buy you a season ticket for Loirston every season for the rest of your life.

Better make an edit to this then, @@Panda because Humza Yousaf is Justice Secretary now, not Transport.

Aye, it's Labour pushing that. Doubt it'll ever see the light of day. They reckon it'll cost £70m for something that's not really needed. They could spend a quarter of that helping Aberdeen stay at Pittodrie.

Not sure how it really helps Kingsford anyway unless they plan to eventually extend it out to there, which I'd imagine would be a hell of a lot more than £70m.

Yeah have my doubts it will happen too , like every other fucking plan they speak about that never happens

• Site Sponsor

Better make an edit to this then, @@Panda because Humza Yousaf is Justice Secretary now, not Transport.

Och, and there was me believing everything in Panda's post too
Guest RosemountRed

Hemmin, fars yer pictures of all the diggers and mounds of soil?

Later today.

Quite a lot of groundwork happening now.