A call up for 2 friendlies due to an injury and not to get off bench is nothing to shout about ?? Really ? If he was that well thought of he would have got called up a few more times. Obviously done fuck all for his career either those call ups or he wouldn't be up in Scotland playing now... :checkit:

I'd say being considered 3rd choice goalkeeper at one point over every other English goalkeeper there is kind of shows he is an OK keeper.

Todays equivalent probably being a Jordan Pickford... who'd go for £12-14m.

So him playing for us... kind of is something to shout about.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. A Glasgow based rag trying to unsettle a player and the team just before we play one of the old firm is an age old tactic. There will be absolutely nothing to this at all.

Unfortunately it seems there might indeed be some substance to the reports according to the Birmingham Mail. Apparently Villa had a scout watching Joe at Easter Road on Saturday and it appears they want him as a replacement for their present keeper who is out of contract in the summer. Personally I think they are wasting their time as Aberdeen are in a position to reject any bid they might make and Joe himself is happy at Pittodrie, hence the four year deal, but the interest is out there and I think a substantial bid will come in from a bigger club soon. Worrying development.

Unfortunately it seems there might indeed be some substance to the reports according to the Birmingham Mail. Apparently Villa had a scout watching Joe at Easter Road on Saturday and it appears they want him as a replacement for their present keeper who is out of contract in the summer. Personally I think they are wasting their time as Aberdeen are in a position to reject any bid they might make and Joe himself is happy at Pittodrie, hence the four year deal, but the interest is out there and I think a substantial bid will come in from a bigger club soon. Worrying development.

How are we in a position to reject any bid they make?

• Downvote 2

How are we in a position to reject any bid they make?

Geez! A ten gallon hat on a two pint head. Firstly Villa are not in a financial position to offer a seven figure sum which Joe is worth and the Dons would demand. Secondly Joe is contracted to the club for four years and has made it quite clear he is happy here so why would he consider Villa, a second rate club who are not in the Premiership? My worry is that a top English club will come in for him who could easily afford a large transfer fee and this might turn the players head. He is playing well enough for this not to be beyond the bounds of probability in the near future.

I'd say being considered 3rd choice goalkeeper at one point over every other English goalkeeper there is kind of shows he is an OK keeper.

Todays equivalent probably being a Jordan Pickford... who'd go for £12-14m.

So him playing for us... kind of is something to shout about.

never said he wasn't a good keeper and i'm glad he is with us ? I think he is great keeper for us... All I said was he never done much in England that's why he is now playing in Scotland. ?

• Downvote 1

Geez! A ten gallon hat on a two pint head. Firstly Villa are not in a financial position to offer a seven figure sum which Joe is worth and the Dons would demand. Secondly Joe is contracted to the club for four years and has made it quite clear he is happy here so why would he consider Villa, a second rate club who are not in the Premiership? My worry is that a top English club will come in for him who could easily afford a large transfer fee and this might turn the players head. He is playing well enough for this not to be beyond the bounds of probability in the near future.

Villa are a second rate club yet can still pay John Terry something like 60k a week. Fairly sure if they wanted Lewis they would make us a half decent offer we would accept.

No debt.

Why did we sell Hayes then?

Villa are a second rate club yet can still pay John Terry something like 60k a week. Fairly sure if they wanted Lewis they would make us a half decent offer we would accept.

Why did we sell Hayes then?

I heard it was because he took his male partner, and also his lover, onto the team bus, but maybe Gary Caldwell can confirm

What was the release clause?

If Lewis wanted to go to Villa as they might pay him three times his wage, I assume we would let him go the same as Hayes? So the whole no need to sell because weve no debt makes no difference?

If we were in debt and there was pressure from the bank to sell he'd be going if he wanted to or not.

Joe has two and a half years remaining on his contract, not 4.

What was the release clause?

If Lewis wanted to go to Villa as they might pay him three times his wage, I assume we would let him go the same as Hayes? So the whole no need to sell because weve no debt makes no difference?

Well I'm guessing it was around a mil.

Cardiff didn't meet it. Hayes agrees new deal & Celtic meet the release clause

Hayes situation was a completely different kettle of worms to what we will have to deal with with Joe.

Hayes was the subject of multiple bids when he could either leave in the window for a shite fee, or sign a pre-contract with Celtic at that time. We all assumed he'd be gone at Christmas, or for nothing in the summer. He surprised us all by signing a new 3 year deal. I get the impression he did that with a caveat to the club he'd get his big end of career move and the life changing money that goes with it, and we'd get a decent wedge of Celtic.

He also did this with quiet respect for us. He re-signed saying 'you know what, money isn't everything and I like it here'. Kudos to the guy I reckon.

Joe also likes it here, and he is not agitating for a move, so if one of the clubs down south come in then we should make them pay full whack according to THEIR market. Teams in the Championship have to pay 12 million for average because thats what they cost in their market, not what they're worth (Aluko!!!). As with most things the guffs know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Of course, this is all probably just shit stirring from the weeg press before an OF game...

Villa could give Joe what he'd doubtless like- ten times the money we'd pay, a crack at the Premiership at some point or at least a platform that EPL clubs respect for him to win a big move from.

Based on age (best age for a keeper arguably), contract duration and the buying and selling markets £4m does sound like the right figure to me.

To all those saying we'd sell for £1m because Milne would bite the hand off any bidder- Milne is only the Chairman. The board would make the decision not him

Villa could give Joe what he'd doubtless like- ten times the money we'd pay, a crack at the Premiership at some point or at least a platform that EPL clubs respect for him to win a big move from.

Based on age (best age for a keeper arguably), contract duration and the buying and selling markets £4m does sound like the right figure to me.

To all those saying we'd sell for £1m because Milne would bite the hand off any bidder- Milne is only the Chairman. The board would make the decision not him

Even though Villa have a multi-millionaire Chinese chairman his transfer dealings so far this season make it unlikely he would offer anywhere near Four Million for big Joe. Up until now he has sold on players for seventeen million while paying out less than three million bringing in new faces. Even though he is paying John Terry fifty grand a week I canna see the grippy cunt paying big bucks for Joe.