Redtv International

We are writing to let you know that from next week our international subscription packages will be revised.

we are increasing the cost of an annual subscription to £119.99.

Revised? :hysterical:

Canna mind fit it was last season, but surely that is about double??? :hypno:

Rave on.

If that’s the case, that’s a pretty steep (33%) increase. Have they been losing money on redtv operations to date? Or they make money on it and have decided they should make more? Something else? — why the increase?

120 Pound British.

Still very reasonably priced.

It used to be utter pish, with even a low res feed buffering or just clapping out altogether 5 minutes into the game.

Last couple of years its done exactly what it needs to.

I still remember the resistance from the club when people were screaming out for live streams of games. Typically Aberdonian to resist any form of change, though. "We cannae afford tae dae it, we did a study in a'hin!"

First, you didn't do any fucking study.

Second, fourth tier Guffie clubs were streaming matches, so it shouldn't have been beyond the economic means of AFC to do likewise.

Anyway... 120 quid a year is fuck all.

It was £80 last year if I remember right

I couldnae mind.

Hence my mild surprise at the cost.

So if you paid in a oner last year, but couldnae afford to this year and went monthly, it would be double the cost.

Nae that it bothers me as I'm loaded. Spend mair of an evening in a restaurant.

Nae abody is tho'.

"International AberDNA members will be able to take advantage of a 20% discount on an annual subscription meaning the cost is £95.99. This represents great value at around £2 a match based on the number of matches we were able to cover last season."

More than worth it to me.

That's £2 a match AFC played.

Not £2 per match they provided live coverage for.

Fucks sake min.

Full of shit.

Played 49 matches.

Even if they covered every single one live, that would be £2.45 a game.

Which they didn't.

So their use of the word "around" is applied as loosely as their use of the word "revised".

Price doesn't bother me, as I say.

It's the bullshit spin to scoop up the gullible which there is no need for.

Despite it's obvious success where some are concerned.

One night in India

Half hour of power - Dayts and NEM relive old days of fechtin on the terraces

The Bluto and Mobby tour of euro pubs - on for 12 hours a day

Is the Bluto one not just 3 hours of drinking and 9 hours of him in bed? Assume its only broadcast before 7.30pm?

Last year I paid £89.99 for an annual subscription.

This year, with my AberDNA membership, the price of RedTV to me will be £95.99

An increase of £6.00 per year, which works out to about an increase of 1.6 pence per day.

It's only £6 a year more for you because you have decided to pay another £216 a year into the club Scotty.

If you hadn't signed up for DNA you would be paying an additional £30 a year.

TBH, I think RedTV International for free would have been a better freebie for overseas DNA than a fitba top.

Apart from the games what else is on Red Tv worth watching?

They have the pre-match press conferences with McInnes and usually one of the players, and Derek's and maybe a couple of the players' thoughts after the game; goal highlights; game highlights; archive games; DL highlights; interviews with new signings and people behind the scenes like Milne, Yule, Cormack, etc.

It's only £6 a year more for you because you have decided to pay another £216 a year into the club Scotty.

If you hadn't signed up for DNA you would be paying an additional £30 a year.

TBH, I think RedTV International for free would have been a better freebie for overseas DNA than a fitba top.

Correct.

My point to WA_Don was for the sake of another 6 quid he potentially could afford both AberDNA and RedTV if he was thinking about becoming an AberDNA member anyway.

(Not judging. Just hoping to break it down a bit.)

I'll be renewing but with the price hike that's me no longer going to invest in AberDNA, can't afford both.

If on second thought that it's still too much (and it could be up to as much as 312 quid) then fair enough.

I'd like to see a regular club news podcast on RedTV, maybe featuring interviews with the Irish players, and maybe with a live translation of whatever it is they're saying.

Maybe they already do that, and if they do it's a great idea.

All I use it for is the games.

They should have a Premier RedTV sub, though, where you can pay extra and get automatically entered into competitions to win shit like match shirts and merch.