Scott Wright

Scott Wright has never been given a decent run of games. Neither had McKenna but he played so good at Fir Park, he’s been an ever-present since. The simplistic interpretation that he took his chance where Wright didn’t would be wrong. It would be the interpretation of a moron or for example the interpretation of a manager who isn’t very good.

After Partick, Wright had done more than enough to merit a decent run. The fact he didn’t get it, especially when McLean never gets benched and he’s fucking shite, and some of the other favourites get more opportunities than our youngsters, is wholly down to poor management. McInnes never promotes youth enough.

Wright had a poor game v. the huns. He was tripping over his feet. He was trying too hard. But he always wanted the ball and was looking for it. Unlike so many who shirked responsibility that day. It is because he has been starved of opportunity, very unfairly, that he was too eager to impress last time. He should have been given an extended run after the 1-1 at Hamilton. He was superb, created the goal and it’s obvious to everyone who knows anything about football that he’s got fantastic potential to be a class footballer. As does any youngster who comes off the bench and delivers a free kick like Ross did.

I don’t why McInnes doesn’t fancy youth. It’s one of many reasons I don’t like him and was salivating at the prospect of getting paid from the scum for getting rid of the cunt. But Milne sees it differently and he knows more about fitba than us fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Take it back to when Ryan Fraser was coming through the youth system and getting game time in the first team. He was young, small in height and didn't have a big frame, but my goodness he was effective. Scott Wright is the same, albeit slightly taller, and isn't even half as effective.

Were you that cunt in section T slating him every time he got the ball last home game?

If so then you're an absolute cunt and everybody else thinks so. If not then you're an absolute cunt and everybody thinks so.

Nope, that wasn't me. I'm usually too cold to shout abuse at my own team.

You don't think his confidence might be effected by morons in the crowd giving him a hard time.

LOL! His confidence is affected because he knows he's out of his depth in the first team right now.

• Downvote 2

Take it back to when Ryan Fraser was coming through the youth system and getting game time in the first team. He was young, small in height and didn't have a big frame, but my goodness he was effective. Scott Wright is the same, albeit slightly taller, and isn't even half as effective.

LOL! His confidence is affected because he knows he's out of his depth in the first team right now.

Ahh, a football expert who has written him off already.

You’re fucking amazing, able to see from such limited opportunities where his future is.

We are not talking Calvin Zola here. It was obvious within 5 minutes of his debut v. Killie that he couldn’t play.

Scott Wright has never been given a decent run of games. Neither had McKenna but he played so good at Fir Park, he’s been an ever-present since. The simplistic interpretation that he took his chance where Wright didn’t would be wrong. It would be the interpretation of a moron or for example the interpretation of a manager who isn’t very good.

After Partick, Wright had done more than enough to merit a decent run. The fact he didn’t get it, especially when McLean never gets benched and he’s fucking shite, and some of the other favourites get more opportunities than our youngsters, is wholly down to poor management. McInnes never promotes youth enough.

Wright had a poor game v. the huns. He was tripping over his feet. He was trying too hard. But he always wanted the ball and was looking for it. Unlike so many who shirked responsibility that day. It is because he has been starved of opportunity, very unfairly, that he was too eager to impress last time. He should have been given an extended run after the 1-1 at Hamilton. He was superb, created the goal and it’s obvious to everyone who knows anything about football that he’s got fantastic potential to be a class footballer. As does any youngster who comes off the bench and delivers a free kick like Ross did.

I don’t why McInnes doesn’t fancy youth. It’s one of many reasons I don’t like him and was salivating at the prospect of getting paid from the scum for getting rid of the cunt. But Milne sees it differently and he knows more about fitba than us fans.

So a manager who doesn't promote youth has a 20 year old as first choice centre back....?

• Downvote 1

So a manager who doesn't promote youth has a 20 year old as first choice centre back....?

Read again you mutant. McKenna was irreplaceable after Fir Park. Especially with the shite options we have. This is Xmas and McInnes still hasn’t worked out who to play alongside him.

The unfortunate thing for Ross was he picked up a knock early on against Dundee and then had to come off at half time. Also the difference being playing against Dundee who sit back and gave us absolutely no time in the wide areas until we scored and the game opened up a bit. Against sevco he got space as they were down to ten men and the right back likes to wander so he looked a lot better.

As I mentioned before for players like Ross & Wright to be effective you need to play them for longer than 50/60 minutes. Wide men are most effective in the last part of a game when it opens up. McGinn & Hayes done there best work in the latter stages of a match.

I just remember a game at fir park last year which sums this up perfectly. We were I think 2-1 up and McGinn had easily been the worst player on the park for us all game. Motherwell pushing for an equaliser and he pops up the park and scores a cracker to seal the 3 points. McInnes wouldn't leave the likes of wright on in that situation, he'd of subbed him for Reynolds by that point.

I dont why McInnes doesnt fancy youth. Its one of many reasons I dont like him and was salivating at the prospect of getting paid from the scum for getting rid of the cunt. But Milne sees it differently and he knows more about fitba than us fans.

Given what's been produced and 'came through' lately, I can see exactly why.

Given what's been produced and 'came through' lately, I can see exactly why.

You suggest our youngsters aren’t good enough. McKenna is and benefitted from the cluelessness of the McInnes CB tombola. Wright will do more in the game than GMS, GS, NM, GT and MB combined. Frank Ross is exciting too. But we will never know at AFC until they get a proper run of games and when the manager continues with his favourites (who are proven to be shite already), it’s never going to happen.

Few points to pick with your post:

1) He doesn't need a decent run of games. He needs decent game time, which he has got so far this season considering he's been largely ineffective in his appearances for the club.

2) McLean is no where near as bad/ineffective as some on here make out. The fact he's never dropped is because he's an energetic midfielder who can also play football. I'm actually devastated he's leaving at the end of this season as he'll be even tougher to replace than Jack.

3) Isn't the fact that "some of the other favourites" getting on ahead of youngsters a sign that the youngsters are clearly not good enough yet? Has nothing to do with poor management.

4) My opinion isn't based on the Huns game alone. Yes he was shocking in that, but he's been poor all season. Apart from the one-off game at Partick last season, he was poor whenever he played too.

• Downvote 1

Ryan Fraser - 21 league appearances, 0 goals in a team that finished 9th repeatedly

Scott Wright - 19 league appearances, 4 goals in a team that finishes 2nd repeatedly

I can't seem to find their relative effectiveness in assists, I'd think that Fraser would win that part though.

It is fair revisionism to say he came in and had instant impact, he had a lot of sub appearances before he nailed down his spot in the first team, and the luminaries sitting on the bench when he was playing included the likes of Chris Clark, Josh Magennis and Mitch Megginson. The two situations are very different as Fraser wasn't hauled off when he didn't play as well as the bench was honking.

• Upvote 1

Few points to pick with your post:

1) He doesn't need a decent run of games. He needs decent game time, which he has got so far this season considering he's been largely ineffective in his appearances for the club.

2) McLean is no where near as bad/ineffective as some on here make out. The fact he's never dropped is because he's an energetic midfielder who can also play football. I'm actually devastated he's leaving at the end of this season as he'll be even tougher to replace than Jack.

3) Isn't the fact that "some of the other favourites" getting on ahead of youngsters a sign that the youngsters are clearly not good enough yet? Has nothing to do with poor management.

4) My opinion isn't based on the Huns game alone. Yes he was shocking in that, but he's been poor all season. Apart from the one-off game at Partick last season, he was poor whenever he played too.

1. Don’t agree.

2. Don’t agree.

3. Don’t agree.

4. You’re forgetting Partick this season and Hamilton 1-1. He was excellent in both. Impossible for you to describe him as poor in those. So clean sweep, don’t agree on all 4.

Now count up his total minutes played. He averaged less than one game a YEAR for his first 3/4 seasons with us. He’s been completely mismanaged by a manager who isn’t as good as he - and our board - thinks he is.

And it was the manager that doesn't give young players a game that gave him a game at Motherwell?

1 player, hardly a kid at 20, gets a chance, takes it, and thus closes the argument on McInnes’ weaknesses?

You suggest our youngsters arent good enough. McKenna is and benefitted from the cluelessness of the McInnes CB tombola. Wright will do more in the game than GMS, GS, NM, GT and MB combined. Frank Ross is exciting too. But we will never know at AFC until they get a proper run of games and when the manager continues with his favourites (who are proven to be shite already), its never going to happen.

Name a youth McInnes didn't give a chance to who has since moved on to prove he was wrong.

• Upvote 1

Name a youth McInnes didn't give a chance to who has since moved on to prove he was wrong.

Ok, our manager knows what he’s doing because of this fact. Jeez.

Templeton just won POTM, beating AFC in the process. Our club has a diseased record with youth. That’s not a position. It’s fact.

A huge revenue opportunity for the business that is a football club is identifying young talent, developing it and selling it.

AFC has been very weak in this. McInnes is not bucking this shameful trend.

When was he in our youth team?

He's 29 next month, so I'm confused by your point.

If you dont know the subject, if you dont know the history, if you dont know what youre talking about, why would you be confused?

Ok, our manager knows what hes doing because of this fact. Jeez.

Templeton just won POTM, beating AFC in the process. Our club has a diseased record with youth. Thats not a position. Its fact.

Aye, if the kids aren't good enough, McInnes is correct not to play them. Now we've got a couple promising ones coming through at the same time he's giving them a chance.

A non-AFC player winning an award may be a fact, but it's an irrelevant one.