Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

dunno if we were really in with a shout for Christie but that would have been a good signing off the back of a loan deal 

still don't wanna help those shit diseased pitch cunts develop another player

If he hadn't been good enough for them to give a new contract to, why would he have been a good signing for us?

I see the financial differences between us but it boils my piss that we are one of these diddy clubs like all the rest that the arse cheeks just keep tied to a post in the garden & throw the odd scraps too.

No loaning players from/too teams within the same league. It's fkn bullshit & makes a total mockery of ANY (even if it is only small) hint of a competitive league.

Huns are trying to compete with Celtic. Would they EVER loan players either way to each other?

Why should other teams loan players to each other within the same league.

It should NEVER be permitted to happen.

If he hadn't been good enough for them to give a new contract to, why would he have been a good signing for us?

I see the financial differences between us but it boils my piss that we are one of these diddy clubs like all the rest that the arse cheeks just keep tied to a post in the garden & throw the odd scraps too.

No loaning players from/too teams within the same league. It's fkn bullshit & makes a total mockery of ANY (even if it is only small) hint of a competitive league.

Huns are trying to compete with Celtic. Would they EVER loan players either way to each other?

Why should other teams loan players to each other within the same league.

It should NEVER be permitted to happen.

Agreed, it’s a total farce that you can theoretically

strengthen us to fuck the Huns for 2nd but we then can’t play our best team against them In a cup final or something.

Shouldn’t be allowed in the same league as it’s a

conflict of interests.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I get why the rule is there but they should just not let teams be loaned in the same league.

And you would imagine the loyalty is to the parent club so what’s to stop their manager phoning the player and getting inside knowledge on tactics etc

Was it not Morientes that scores the winner in a. Hampion’s league semi or something while on loan?

The rule of not allowing a player to play against his parent club protects both teams .

I think that is an interesting and overlooked point.  The concept of divided loyalties. The counter argument would be pre-contract players play against their new clubs. For example Killie FC Jordan will be playing against Gers today. I think professional athletes would not intentionally tank to support their new club or parent club. I think the opposite would occur,  the loanee would have added incentive such as Christie showing Celtic what they were missing...  regardless it should be interesting to see how Jordan plays today.

I think that is an interesting and overlooked point.  The concept of divided loyalties. The counter argument would be pre-contract players play against their new clubs. For example Killie FC Jordan will be playing against Gers today. I think professional athletes would not intentionally tank to support their new club or parent club. I think the opposite would occur,  the loanee would have added incentive such as Christie showing Celtic what they were missing...  regardless it should be interesting to see how Jordan plays today.

Played alright!

• Upvote 1

But neither we nor McInnes  - nor the club come to that - are responsible for those rules.

The manager's job is simply to put together the best team and squad possible for the good of the club going forward.

Last season Christie was 1st-rate for us - the difference between us finishing 2nd, and finishing 3rd behind the hun. Or maybe even behind Hibs - yeah, I'd say he was worth 6 points for us. Sure, some Dons fans took the hump because they had unrealistic expectations of us signing him after the loan deal; but me, I'll take any loan player who will make the difference between 2nd place and 4th, and happily return him at the end of the season.

Look at Celtic this window - they've made two loan signings from richer clubs than themselves, thrown them both straight into their first team, and they've scored four goals between them in the last two games. Now we're never going to attract eight-figure-valued loan signings from PSG or England - but we're supposed to just knock back quality loan possibilities from Celtic because it's somehow beneath us?

That's shooting nobody in the foot but ourselves. As long as there's a good balance between loanees, signed players and youth players then the manager's doing a good job.

But neither we nor McInnes  - nor the club come to that - are responsible for those rules.

The manager's job is simply to put together the best team and squad possible for the good of the club going forward.

Last season Christie was 1st-rate for us - the difference between us finishing 2nd, and finishing 3rd behind the hun. Or maybe even behind Hibs - yeah, I'd say he was worth 6 points for us. Sure, some Dons fans took the hump because they had unrealistic expectations of us signing him after the loan deal; but me, I'll take any loan player who will make the difference between 2nd place and 4th, and happily return him at the end of the season.

Look at Celtic this window - they've made two loan signings from richer clubs than themselves, thrown them both straight into their first team, and they've scored four goals between them in the last two games. Now we're never going to attract eight-figure-valued loan signings from PSG or England - but we're supposed to just knock back quality loan possibilities from Celtic because it's somehow beneath us?

That's shooting nobody in the foot but ourselves. As long as there's a good balance between loanees, signed players and youth players then the manager's doing a good job.

My gripe is & has always been with the loan system in general & how all it is in place for is to help the bigger/richer clubs (at every level) take advantage of the weaker/poorer ones.

Of course clubs are going to use the current rules to their advantage but the whole thing boils ma piss.

There should be far stricter rules on ages of loanees, amount any team can loan out/in & there should certainly be no loans to clubs playing in the same leagues. Hell shouldn't even be any within same competition, as in cups either. It's a joke me system & always has been. Just being made worse & worse the more money gets injected into the game

I was initially against loaning players from Celtic after the Christie debacle. I reluctantly accept that we are developing a player for our rivals.

However, I can see a number of positives with the loan. Morgan is a decent prospect that we would have available against all of the other teams, if he is playing for us he cant come on and play for Celtic and play well, we would be less reliant on Morgan for the Celtic games as we have other options. We have more attacking options that could play against Celtic so losing Morgan for these game may have less of an impact. We were too reliant on Christie last season and to lose him against Celtic was detrimental to these games. I don't think we would be in the same position with Morgan.

I don't believe Morgan has a future at Celtic given their need for immediate success and the spending power they have means there is little time to allow young players to develop. Christie just got lucky with injuries this season. This would hopefully put us in poll position to sign the lad if he gets on well at the Dons.

My gripe is & has always been with the loan system in general & how all it is in place for is to help the bigger/richer clubs (at every level) take advantage of the weaker/poorer ones.

Of course clubs are going to use the current rules to their advantage but the whole thing boils ma piss.

There should be far stricter rules on ages of loanees, amount any team can loan out/in & there should certainly be no loans to clubs playing in the same leagues. Hell shouldn't even be any within same competition, as in cups either. It's a joke me system & always has been. Just being made worse & worse the more money gets injected into the game

Well yes the whole system's idiotic pesh, as one would hope from the SFA.

But since the spongebrained, Hampden-infesting sausage-spankers have laid down the wise principle that clubs should be able to influence their own league by strategic loans, in my opinion it should be taken to its logical conclusion.

Clubs should be allowed to make mandatory loans to their opponents, including clauses where the player is required to start a certain number of games. These loans might take place openly, or by stealth.

I'd foresee us signing, for example, The Boofon - loaning him to Sevco as their must-play pick at CB - and allowing him to operate covertly, as a "sleeper" for several months. Then, perhaps during injury time of a league match at Pittodrie, he would suddenly spring into action, slam the ball into his own net, pull down his shorts and execute a two-kneed star-slide towards the away support, chanting Nice One Simmie at acceptable volume.

The usual suspects would snowflake, of course, but frankly I can't see any reasonable objection to this forward-looking proposal.

• Upvote 2
Guest the shepherd

Jesus that's horrendous

Aye the picture of the sexual deviant is horrendous and symbolises perfectly the club he follows; odious, desperate, self-indulgent and self-pitying, displaying grave symptoms of Munchausen's Syndrome to fabricate details of their so-called plight to gain others' attention and sympathy, whilst trying their damnedest to show themselves as being something they are clearly not.

Aye the picture of the sexual deviant is horrendous and symbolises perfectly the club he follows; odious, desperate, self-indulgent and self-pitying, displaying grave symptoms of Munchausen's Syndrome to fabricate details of their so-called plight to gain others' attention and sympathy, whilst trying their damnedest to show themselves as being something they are clearly not.

@@Millertime

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1