Annual Financial Report

Guest RosemountRed

Prompted by a news release by the jags today about restructuring their debt does anyone have the definitive yet on our own debt and Willie and Elaine Donald's cash injection?

Fundamentally, previously we had bank debt and Stewarty Milne Debt. (oops edit: just read back and we had AAM debt too.)

I know Milne (and AAM) agreed to restructure their debt to equity (all of it?) but I've seen several claims (usually from huns it has to be said) that BoS also took a hit in agreeing to the overall terms? Ignoring interest, fees and early repayment penalties, does anyone yet know the definitive if BoS actually wrote off capital debt outstanding in agreeing to the restructure?

Many thanks.

Prompted by a news release by the jags today about restructuring their debt does anyone have the definitive yet on our own debt and Willie and Elaine Donald's cash injection?

Fundamentally, previously we had bank debt and Stewarty Milne Debt. (oops edit: just read back and we had AAM debt too.)

I know Milne (and AAM) agreed to restructure their debt to equity (all of it?) but I've seen several claims (usually from huns it has to be said) that BoS also took a hit in agreeing to the overall terms? Ignoring interest, fees and early repayment penalties, does anyone yet know the definitive if BoS actually wrote off capital debt outstanding in agreeing to the restructure?

Many thanks.

I vaguely remember BoS agreeing to a deal which meant the debt was paid off in full and they were happy enough to get their hands on the cash now instead of over god knows how many months. Makes sense since they can make interest on money they have in the bank. I guess anything they lost, they'll make back on that or were happy enough to overlook it and get their hands on the Donald's hard earned there and then.

sure I read BOS accepted £1 in £3 to clear the debt...IE 3 million instead of the quoted 9 million to clear it as they were getting a lump sum ? maybe wrong though.

I will be more than shocked and stunned if that's correct Mavv. Robbo was closer to my understanding - that we were in for (say) 9m and BoS would normally charge more if it was repaid early. We negotiated a deal such that the capital outstanding - the £9m in my example - was repaid and that was an end to it.

I will be more than shocked and stunned if that's correct Mavv. Robbo was closer to my understanding - that we were in for (say) 9m and BoS would normally charge more if it was repaid early. We negotiated a deal such that the capital outstanding - the £9m in my example - was repaid and that was an end to it.

maybe mate, just what some were saying that BOS would accept the reduced sums to get a lump sum etc...Hopefully find out when report is published...

Banks under pressure to re-capitalise were encouraged by the government a couple of years back to negotiate a % of the debt or else write it off rather than see a number of clubs go to the wall.

• Site Sponsor

Many thanks.

We are debt free. The Bank of Scotland will have agreed to take a percentage of their debt as a means of getting out of football finance altogether. Nothing particularly unusual in that.

It's the same as settling a personal loan early. You get a discount.

Let's not forget the reckless lending from the likes of David Murray's pal Gavin Masterson here. The bank were giving out money that could not be paid back in 100 years of trading to the likes of Dunfermline.

This all to keep pace with a fraudulent hun. It's their fault directly that AFC were in debt in my opinion.

So the bank has to take the hit on it. They caused it.

If the ban are taking a hit its not because they caused it Tup. For one thing BoS was taken over yonks ago by Halifax.

HBOS and Lloyds TSB are taking a hit on these Football debts because they are, as you said first of all, never ending loans with little prospect of repayment in full. They want to reduce their high risk lending so they are willing to write a % of in some cases.

Not sure yet if that definitely applied to us but that's what seemed to happen with Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and a few others.

In DU case, the bank did very well by including a clause to take further money from future player sales and thats earned them a handsome reward I think.

Hopefully we don't have that sort of agreement, I want to see any money from player sales staying in the club.

So we make £500K profit and Inverness last week announced £250k profit, Partick announce debt free status along with the other clubs in the SPL that have already done that, with the exception of Celtic's £4 million loss last season, things are looking up for clubs in Scotland.