Lewis Ferguson

Derek Ferguson has mentioned on sportsound a number of times over the years, that's he's good mates with McInnes...

... so would be easy to be cynical about this signing. Think he's 18 y/o and plays central midfield...

I would imagine that weasel ferguson has been constantly trying to get him through the doors at Murray Park over the years, so maybe not a great indication that's he ended up here! I wonder if this will end up being another Myles Anderson situation?

You're over thinking it really.

Young lad breaking through from under 20s, looking capable of making the step up and a few clubs sniffing around (allegedly). Out of contract. Gives competition to the established youth players at the club.

He's been given a chance at Aberdeen. If it doesn't work out for him it's not a big deal for the club but it might and imo this is the type of player we should be taking a punt on more often. Why give a fuck who his old man is?

You're over thinking it really.

Young lad breaking through from under 20s, looking capable of making the step up and a few clubs sniffing around (allegedly). Out of contract. Gives competition to the established youth players at the club.

He's been given a chance at Aberdeen. If it doesn't work out for him it's not a big deal for the club but it might and imo this is the type of player we should be taking a punt on more often. Why give a fuck who his old man is?

I think other people are overthinking my comments! I was just playing devils advocate to a certain extent! Wish I hadn’t said anything as im being absolutely shot down in flames here!

I agree with the rest of your point... love to see Aberdeen taking chances on youngsters!

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

You're actually a prick.

Not that you'd notice.

I'm well aware of what I am.

Thank you very much, Spastic.

A pretty brutal reflection of our own youth system.

Quite a few of our youth have been given new contracts, its not so bleak. For me the odd thing right now is Wright, looked the real deal and now can't get a game, Maddison is a 15 million player now but Wright looked every bit as good.

• Upvote 2

Quite a few of our youth have been given new contracts, its not so bleak. For me the odd thing right now is Wright, looked the real deal and now can't get a game, Maddison is a 15 million player now but Wright looked every bit as good.

He had a few bad games and instead of persisting with the lad.Mcinnes thought it better to take him out.

Derek Ferguson has mentioned on sportsound a number of times over the years, that's he's good mates with McInnes...

... so would be easy to be cynical about this signing. Think he's 18 y/o and plays central midfield...

I would imagine that weasel ferguson has been constantly trying to get him through the doors at Murray Park over the years, so maybe not a great indication that's he ended up here! I wonder if this will end up being another Myles Anderson situation?

Nailed it.

• Downvote 1

Easy tiger! Both players had their pluses and minuses sure but the overall package? Maddison every time.

But Wrights drift to obscurity is puzzling for sure and again goes back to that bizarre 4 weeks with the whole McInnes to huns double header. A bit like Cammy Smith in the cup final he clearly saw something then that he doesnt fancy and subsequently just cant see past.

• Downvote 1

To be fair to his Dad (in his Rayjo Shortbread gig) his clear passion is for the game in general firstly albeit hes as died in the wool arse cheek as they come.

His auld man is harmless enough... but he's certainly one of my least favourite Huns (not sure i have a favourite Hun!). A more subservient, pathetic lickspittle you'll never find. Lower than a snakes belly. He's an absolute embarrassment.

Easy tiger! Both players had their pluses and minuses sure but the overall package? Maddison every time.

But Wrights drift to obscurity is puzzling for sure and again goes back to that bizarre 4 weeks with the whole McInnes to huns double header. A bit like Cammy Smith in the cup final he clearly saw something then that he doesnt fancy and subsequently just cant see past.

He had a couple of really, really bad games and then was obviously given a break. As a youngster, it was probably a good decision to get him out of there for a breather... I was at the Kilmarnock game earlier this season and he looked like a kid who'd won a competition. He is much better than that. Not sure why he hasn't been given a second chance.