Atlanta United Partnership

If they pass on merchandising ideas and range of items we'll have to extend the club shop having looked at their online offerings but could see boost in turnover there.

Notice they have slogan of "Red, black and bold" on scarves so they'll need to think of something to go after "Red, white and????" other than obvious rhyming word for lot of recent results

Dynamite

Hey everyone. I’m an Atlanta supporter/resident with a few days off work and not a lot to do today while I wait on our first Thanksgiving meal so I figured I’d drop by and give y’all some info on us as a club based on what I’ve seen y’all have questions about.

I think the biggest part of the partnership between our clubs will be recruitment strategies and fan engagements. We’ve managed to pull in some pretty big players over the last few years who could’ve gone to more established leagues or teams without overpaying them, mainly down to our recruitment.

2 or our players particularly, Ezequiel Barco and Pity Martinez, were pretty big signings in the last 2 years for the club. Barco scored the game winning goal in the Copa Sudamericana final as an 18-year-old, then the next month we bought him for $15 million, paying him about $1.5 million per season. He’s grown a lot since he’s signed here and was undoubtedly the best Argentine player at the u20 World Cup this year. Scored this goal and actually has been linked with a ton of European clubs this past week.

Then, we signed South American Player of the Year Pity Martinez in January a month after he won Copa Libertadores with River Plate for about $17 million, with a wage of only $900k a year. He struggled to adapt early on in MLS but he’s grown into his own as the year went on. He was excellent for us at the end of the season.

We’ve signed several players who’ve had options all over but elected to come play for us because of our recruitment ability and connections, which I think is what they want to help Aberdeen with.

Miguel Almiron won an MLS Cup with us in 2018 after being bought in 2017 for about $7 million, then we sold him to Newcastle this past January for $30 million. He was outstanding for us.

Jon Gallagher never touched the field for our first team and was a pretty average player in our 2nd division, so I was shocked that y’all took him on loan given his lack of experience in a league that is wayyyy below the standard of the SPL. We certainly have players who have a lot more to offer than him but aren’t going to break into our first team anytime soon.

We also have a pretty developed academy that has produced some decent players, mostly attackers, but unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of room for them in our first team when their direct competition is worth $50 million+.

We also built our fanbase from the ground up by a pretty remarkable strategy from our front office. Darren Eales had a lot to do with that. We have around 35,000 season ticket holders with about 10,000 on a waitlist, and that number is growing. Darren Eales was an executive at Tottenham for a long time and was part of the group that sold Bale to Real Madrid. He’s connected in high places and is very very good at his job. I’d be excited as an Aberdeen fan to have him on board in some capacity.

I’m really excited to see how our clubs can help one another and how we can benefit one another. Y’all seem like y’all have a great club with a lot of history and a lot to be proud of. Feel free to ask me anything that you’d like to know about the club or Darren Eales and I’ll be happy to answer.

• Upvote 6

Your ground can hold over 70,000, why is there a waiting list for a season ticket?

Because about 70% of our games have the 3rd tier of the stadium marked off for a capacity of around 48,000. mercedes-benz-stadium-5.jpg

The line of thinking is the club never wants an empty or unsold seat. If we have a regular game in July at home against Minnesota, we could open the whole stadium and have 55,000 there, but it would take a toll on the atmosphere to have all of those empty seats, so the club puts up those big "Atlanta United" tarps and it makes the stadium feel smaller and it makes the atmosphere much better.

For "big" games, like playoffs or a game against a big opponent, we will have 70,000 in there. 

Because about 70% of our games have the 3rd tier of the stadium marked off for a capacity of around 48,000. mercedes-benz-stadium-5.jpg

The line of thinking is the club never wants an empty or unsold seat. If we have a regular game in July at home against Minnesota, we could open the whole stadium and have 55,000 there, but it would take a toll on the atmosphere to have all of those empty seats, so the club puts up those big "Atlanta United" tarps and it makes the stadium feel smaller and it makes the atmosphere much better.

For "big" games, like playoffs or a game against a big opponent, we will have 70,000 in there. 

Welcome man! Thanks for the info. 

Looking forward to an exciting partnership ahead. 

• Upvote 1

Because about 70% of our games have the 3rd tier of the stadium marked off for a capacity of around 48,000. mercedes-benz-stadium-5.jpg

Surely from a business perspective it would make more sense to sell a season ticket to everyone that wants one, and just close off part of the top tier, maybe just behind the goals?

Used to live in Atlanta, the last couple of years have been a surprise to me. Never thought fitba would take of in Atlanta of all places.

They guys in charge of doing this have to be genius's!

I always knew fitba would be popular in nearby Portland. But Atlanta?..excellent job

Pitch looks in shit condition.

Egg throwers ruining it I presume.

I wonder if they are still planning for rugby to be played at kingsford?

Hey everyone. I’m an Atlanta supporter/resident with a few days off work and not a lot to do today while I wait on our first Thanksgiving meal so I figured I’d drop by and give y’all some info on us as a club based on what I’ve seen y’all have questions about.

I think the biggest part of the partnership between our clubs will be recruitment strategies and fan engagements. We’ve managed to pull in some pretty big players over the last few years who could’ve gone to more established leagues or teams without overpaying them, mainly down to our recruitment.

2 or our players particularly, Ezequiel Barco and Pity Martinez, were pretty big signings in the last 2 years for the club. Barco scored the game winning goal in the Copa Sudamericana final as an 18-year-old, then the next month we bought him for $15 million, paying him about $1.5 million per season. He’s grown a lot since he’s signed here and was undoubtedly the best Argentine player at the u20 World Cup this year. Scored this goal and actually has been linked with a ton of European clubs this past week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1zTGYDkI4

Then, we signed South American Player of the Year Pity Martinez in January a month after he won Copa Libertadores with River Plate for about $17 million, with a wage of only $900k a year. He struggled to adapt early on in MLS but he’s grown into his own as the year went on. He was excellent for us at the end of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_0mzEQZNI

We’ve signed several players who’ve had options all over but elected to come play for us because of our recruitment ability and connections, which I think is what they want to help Aberdeen with.

Miguel Almiron won an MLS Cup with us in 2018 after being bought in 2017 for about $7 million, then we sold him to Newcastle this past January for $30 million. He was outstanding for us.

Jon Gallagher never touched the field for our first team and was a pretty average player in our 2nd division, so I was shocked that y’all took him on loan given his lack of experience in a league that is wayyyy below the standard of the SPL. We certainly have players who have a lot more to offer than him but aren’t going to break into our first team anytime soon.

We also have a pretty developed academy that has produced some decent players, mostly attackers, but unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of room for them in our first team when their direct competition is worth $50 million+.

We also built our fanbase from the ground up by a pretty remarkable strategy from our front office. Darren Eales had a lot to do with that. We have around 35,000 season ticket holders with about 10,000 on a waitlist, and that number is growing. Darren Eales was an executive at Tottenham for a long time and was part of the group that sold Bale to Real Madrid. He’s connected in high places and is very very good at his job. I’d be excited as an Aberdeen fan to have him on board in some capacity.

I’m really excited to see how our clubs can help one another and how we can benefit one another. Y’all seem like y’all have a great club with a lot of history and a lot to be proud of. Feel free to ask me anything that you’d like to know about the club or Darren Eales and I’ll be happy to answer.

hopefully you lads can shell out multiple millions on wonderkids and send them our way for a season or 2 until there is room in your roster! The aspect im most interested in is us being able you use your scouting network in South America. In Scotland we can’t sign players out of Europe without a work permit. To get a work permit the player would normally have to represent there country at international level. Even at youth level you would possibly gain a work permit on appeal. This kind of players that fit that criteria are way out of our budget and it’s a bit puzzling why they are pushing that so much in the media if they aren’t actually hoping to tap into it. Atlanta are currently helping aberdeen with attacking players and aberdeen have apparently been helping Atlanta pursuits of a defender. No names mentioned!

Hey everyone. I’m an Atlanta supporter/resident with a few days off work and not a lot to do today while I wait on our first Thanksgiving meal so I figured I’d drop by and give y’all some info on us as a club based on what I’ve seen y’all have questions about. I think the biggest part of the partnership between our clubs will be recruitment strategies and fan engagements. We’ve managed to pull in some pretty big players over the last few years who could’ve gone to more established leagues or teams without overpaying them, mainly down to our recruitment.2 or our players particularly, Ezequiel Barco and Pity Martinez, were pretty big signings in the last 2 years for the club. Barco scored the game winning goal in the Copa Sudamericana final as an 18-year-old, then the next month we bought him for $15 million, paying him about $1.5 million per season. He’s grown a lot since he’s signed here and was undoubtedly the best Argentine player at the u20 World Cup this year. Scored this goal and actually has been linked with a ton of European clubs this past week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1zTGYDkI4Then, we signed South American Player of the Year Pity Martinez in January a month after he won Copa Libertadores with River Plate for about $17 million, with a wage of only $900k a year. He struggled to adapt early on in MLS but he’s grown into his own as the year went on. He was excellent for us at the end of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_0mzEQZNIWe’ve signed several players who’ve had options all over but elected to come play for us because of our recruitment ability and connections, which I think is what they want to help Aberdeen with.Miguel Almiron won an MLS Cup with us in 2018 after being bought in 2017 for about $7 million, then we sold him to Newcastle this past January for $30 million. He was outstanding for us.

Jon Gallagher never touched the field for our first team and was a pretty average player in our 2nd division, so I was shocked that y’all took him on loan given his lack of experience in a league that is wayyyy below the standard of the SPL. We certainly have players who have a lot more to offer than him but aren’t going to break into our first team anytime soon.We also have a pretty developed academy that has produced some decent players, mostly attackers, but unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of room for them in our first team when their direct competition is worth $50 million+. We also built our fanbase from the ground up by a pretty remarkable strategy from our front office. Darren Eales had a lot to do with that. We have around 35,000 season ticket holders with about 10,000 on a waitlist, and that number is growing. Darren Eales was an executive at Tottenham for a long time and was part of the group that sold Bale to Real Madrid. He’s connected in high places and is very very good at his job. I’d be excited as an Aberdeen fan to have him on board in some capacity. I’m really excited to see how our clubs can help one another and how we can benefit one another. Y’all seem like y’all have a great club with a lot of history and a lot to be proud of. Feel free to ask me anything that you’d like to know about the club or Darren Eales and I’ll be happy to answer.

Fits your thoughts on McDogshit?

• Downvote 2
Guest the shepherd

It’s clearly not.

Next you’ll be saying Fridge and Sooper-Hanz are the same person. They clearly are not.

Both fucking equally top posters on this forum though. Could do with more of them.

Aye, bring back Tup. He is/was a top poster.

Guest the shepherd

Millermong being a typical weegie cock again.

Millermong and chips (number 89 on the menu at New Big Wok). "Do you want extra sauce with that, Sir".

• 3 weeks later...