Films

Managed to catch up on a few films while doing some long haul flights.

Dead Pool 2 - had me properly laughing out loud, brilliant film. If you liked the first one, you will love this one. If you hated the first one, then best avoid!

3 Billboards outside (etc) - again brilliant film and nothing like I expected. Woody Harrelson continues to show what an awesome actor he truly is.

Increadibles 2 - Meh

No Mean City - Billed as a classic with De Nero and Kietel being directed by Martin Scorsese - what's not to like. Imagine at the time it came out it was cutting edge with its grainey footage, adlib scenes and hand held camere work. Decent film overall.

Mean Streets ya daft cunt

Birdbox- Sandra Bullock and two bairns have to go someplace on a boat wearing blindfolds coz if you see the wind you top yourself. Good stuff 8/10 nae tits tho

Bandersnatch - Black Mirror film with alternate endings and that. Fucking excellent, bit head bursting but an absolutely excellent watch. 9 out of 10, surely Oscar winning for Charlie Brooker. No tits but I can live with that.

Just saw that you posted this about four minutes before mine on the TV thread, wasn’t taking the piss btw, I just watched it then played around with it to see some of the different scenes. It’s a decent enough concept technologically and then cleverly flipped back at the viewer about the control element. I particularly liked the jump through the window option

Bandersnatch - Black Mirror film with alternate endings and that. Fucking excellent, bit head bursting but an absolutely excellent watch. 9 out of 10, surely Oscar winning for Charlie Brooker. No tits but I can live with that.

You can't be serious? Biggest pish I've ever watched. Some of the options hardly even work because you watch 5 minutes and end up at the same bit. Terrible.

Had a watch of Room 237 - a movie exploring the hidden meanings and messages found littered throughout The Shining.

A good watch for those who love the film, and plenty of terrific reveals (does get bogged down in nerd pish from time to time...bound to given the fucking GEEKS doing the chatting haha)

7.2/10

I always preferred the book and though the film is pretty good it’s not quite as good as it could’ve been........

Well there you go son - all the moe reason to watch. Immediately made me want to rewatch the movie.

They do this thing where the play the film backwards, superimposed over the film playing normally...some CRAZY shit man

Buy a nice baggy of Kripple Shock or summat Chewie; a terrific combo haha

I’m up for that. I did some media studies shit and the maze scene is where they first did a spring loaded rig up on the camera so when the cameraman runs after the kid (don’t get excited) the picture doesn’t bounce around

Rogue One - Star Wars film, fine enough film, good battles and smart spaceships, don't understand why the Empire built another deathstar and didn't learn from the first one and left a wee bit they could fuck it up in. Also thought Darth Vader was dead. Couple of glaring plot holes aside not a bad film. Nae tits 6/10

That was the first death star though........

Had a watch of Room 237 - a movie exploring the hidden meanings and messages found littered throughout The Shining.

A good watch for those who love the film, and plenty of terrific reveals (does get bogged down in nerd pish from time to time...bound to given the fucking GEEKS doing the chatting haha)

7.2/10

Movie? or documentary? 

Where is this on Dad?

7.2/10

Some of them are just batshit mental.

The wifie droning on about the minotaur from one of the posters was just ludicrous.

Laurel and Hardy.

Billed as the "untold story of their last tour". Not quite, as anyone who has seen the L&H documentary will know the story already. Nevertheless it is a story well told with good performances from Coogan and Reilly. It gives the opportunity to reminisce and reflect on the comic genius that was Stan and Ollie. Couldn't help but notice as the credits rolled alongside actual clips of L&H that not a single soul stirred from their seat until the final clip faded from the screen. Fitting tribute to the best ever, forever.

Watched Acts of Voilence a Bruce Willis movie, I think hes turned himself into Michael Caine and just trying to appear in as many average films as possible. It’s a bit of a limp film about human traffickers who pick on a family of ex US Rangers. An okay background filler, but nothing to go out of the way for 4/10

Also You Were Never Really Here with Joaquin Phoenix, this ones a bit more interesting, Phoenix is an unhinged veteran who recovers missing kids by battering cunts heids in with a hammer. Things go wrong and it gets a bit interesting 7/10

Laurel and Hardy.

Billed as the "untold story of their last tour". Not quite, as anyone who has seen the L&H documentary will know the story already. Nevertheless it is a story well told with good performances from Coogan and Reilly. It gives the opportunity to reminisce and reflect on the comic genius that was Stan and Ollie. Couldn't help but notice as the credits rolled alongside actual clips of L&H that not a single soul stirred from their seat until the final clip faded from the screen. Fitting tribute to the best ever, forever.

And the director is a dandy.