Lets all laugh at Hearts

14 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

I remember Calgary Don telling me about his visit to Barcelona FC museum along with several Hearts and Hibs supporting pals. They were upset when there was mention and acknowledgment of Aberdeen’s European exploits, etc but no mention whatsoever of Hearts of Hibs. 

That’s unbelievable!

Calgary Don has friends? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

The who's bigger debate is well worn. It's hard as size isn't down to trophies. Newcastle being a prime example.

Nottingham Forest and Derby can site the same successes as Aberdeen. But are mid sized championship yoyo clubs.

Size is fan base. Commercial appeal. Structure. Location and potential. Crowds. Turnover. 

And as someone put it on Kickback. If a billionaire bought Hearts, or Aberdeen. Hearts could be turned into a huge club, with the appeal of Edinburgh for players and additional fans as Chelsea and Man City have seen. We'd grow exponentially beyond our size now. Aberdeen wouldn't. That's the difference in size. Not trophies from the 80s.

But it's a bit rich bringing up trophies anyway when it's been over 3 decades since your last one of note. League or SC. You've come closer to relegation in that time. 

You're talking pie in the sky stuff skins. Here's a newsflash for you it's Scottish football so a billionaire isn't going to buy Aberdeen or Hearts and splash hundreds of millions on them. It's never going to happen so what is the point in mentioning it? It's pie in the sky bullshit. Although who knows you might get another Romanov to spend millions you didn't have and then walk away from a near £30m debt again. 

Hearts can't use attendance as any sort of arguement because they can't fill their 20k capacity stadium as it is now so it's pie in the sky stuff from you. Again. Plus you have no idea how Aberdeen would prosper were they to be bought by a billionaire. Over a period of time they could attract fans from all over Scotland just like the old firm have as well as reigniting interest in fans fed up with the old firm duopoly. Aberdeen took 43k supporters to a cup final a few years ago and had the football authorities released the 9k spare seats above the ICT fans the waiting list for tickets mean every single one of those tickets would have been snapped up. So Aberdeen do have potential. But in general a lot of people are just tired of old firm dominance in this country and are indifferent about football now.

it's not rich at all bringing up that Aberdeen are a more successful club than Hearts. It's a stone cold fact. There are Dons fans on here who have experienced highs that you as a Hearts fan never have and never will. That's just reality. It's a bit rich for you to mention trophies when Hearts have won only 3 in close to 60 years. Even in the years since Fergie left the club Aberdeen have won more trophies than that.

And yes we did come close to relegation a couple of times but we survived. But Hearts were actually relegated. Twice in the last 6 years actually (2014 & 2020). So again a bit rich for you to mention the relegation word.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

You're talking pie in the sky stuff skins. Here's a newsflash for you it's Scottish football so a billionaire isn't going to buy Aberdeen or Hearts and splash hundreds of millions on them. It's never going to happen so what is the point in mentioning it? It's pie in the sky bullshit. Although who knows you might get another Romanov to spend millions you didn't have and then walk away from a near £30m debt again. 

Hearts can't use attendance as any sort of arguement because they can't fill their 20k capacity stadium as it is now so it's pie in the sky stuff from you. Again. Plus you have no idea how Aberdeen would prosper were they to be bought by a billionaire. Over a period of time they could attract fans from all over Scotland just like the old firm have as well as reigniting interest in fans fed up with the old firm duopoly. Aberdeen took 43k supporters to a cup final a few years ago and had the football authorities released the 9k spare seats above the ICT fans the waiting list for tickets mean every single one of those tickets would have been snapped up. So Aberdeen do have potential. But in general a lot of people are just tired of old firm dominance in this country and are indifferent about football now.

it's not rich at all bringing up that Aberdeen are a more successful club than Hearts. It's a stone cold fact. There are Dons fans on here who have experienced highs that you as a Hearts fan never have and never will. That's just reality. It's a bit rich for you to mention trophies when Hearts have won only 3 in close to 60 years. Even in the years since Fergie left the club Aberdeen have won more trophies than that.

And yes we did come close to relegation a couple of times but we survived. But Hearts were actually relegated. Twice in the last 6 years actually (2014 & 2020). So again a bit rich for you to mention the relegation word.

Well said. Hearts fans just bring up the points to suit their argument ie location/fan base/last 25 years(where they think a few scottish cups outweigh being relegated TWICE). Scotlands 3rd biggest team should never be relegated.

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Spot on. He is bigotry personified, a disgusting human being. Yes he was a very good finisher, his instinct for positioning on the pitch being exceptional but there's no excuse for loving himself this much. The weegie mentality (except kafflicks) loves him.

His latest manifestation on Soccer Saturday is particularly cringe. Putting aside the pelters I'll get from we-know-who for daring to watch it most Saturdays of the last year, his arselicking of Jeff and his "banter" is ingratiating himself to an astonishing degree. He's begging for a full time gig basically.

The other disgusting hun, Kris Boyd, is identically ingratiating himself to the show. In his case, it's "Merse" who's cock he's sucking and it's so sickening to witness. Both hate AFC of course but it's what they stand for and how they go about "bettering" themselves that is offensive and galling. Typical of weegie sheisters, these two are admired in the west of Scotland.

Not admired by me that’s for sure!, the most odious, cringeworthy, self centred arseholes our country has ever produced IMO, Boyd deserves an absolute hiding after the shinnie comments alone, the masks going about are vomit enducing.

really hope the worst on Boyd! Sub human scum 

McCoist was also not exactly the best husband or father. I know a woman who used to regularly drink in the same establishment as him in the south side of Glasgow in the 80's and 90's. I also currently work with the niece of Tommy Burns who knows all about McCoist's antics and prejudices. Let's just say it wasn't just Patsy Kensit that Ally fucked about with as a married man and father of 3. She was just the tip of the iceberg. And as RS said he's undoubtedly a bigot he just hides it when the cameras are rolling. 

21 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Again. I'm not putting McCoist on a pedestal. I'm just saying to someone calling him the most dispicable player in Scottish football, that's not right if you're talking morals and behaviours. Look at Hibs alone. Riordan. Griffiths. O'Connor.

I'd even accept you suggesting Lafferty for example cos there's things you can site. Even his Ibrox dive for that non head butt. Or Brown for his antics. 

But I don't get McCoist. Other than he got loads of goals. 

McCoist is a roaster and utter hypocrisy of a man. I can well imagine him in the blue room, singing the sash and doing the no hands conga with all the other serpents that play/played there. 
the former hibs players you mention are just fucking idiots...

on the footballing front I hate him for the Snelders challenge and for diving and getting a pen, when backing into Willie Miller in the league cup final...the goat molesting ref couldn’t point to the spot fast enough...

39 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

The who's bigger debate is well worn. It's hard as size isn't down to trophies. Newcastle being a prime example.

Nottingham Forest and Derby can site the same successes as Aberdeen. But are mid sized championship yoyo clubs.

Size is fan base. Commercial appeal. Structure. Location and potential. Crowds. Turnover. 

And as someone put it on Kickback. If a billionaire bought Hearts, or Aberdeen. Hearts could be turned into a huge club, with the appeal of Edinburgh for players and additional fans as Chelsea and Man City have seen. We'd grow exponentially beyond our size now. Aberdeen wouldn't. That's the difference in size. Not trophies from the 80s.

But it's a bit rich bringing up trophies anyway when it's been over 3 decades since your last one of note. League or SC. You've come closer to relegation in that time. 

"Hearts could be a big club if a billionaire bought us"

Staggering insight there.  There's one nagging question though - why the fuck would a billionaire be interested in a tinpot, joke outfit like Hearts?  

13 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I have no problem with men shagging women, married or not. For many other reasons, McCoist is a total knob and Patsy kens it. 

I have no real problem with it either but at least be up front that you like that lifestyle in the way say the likes of McAvennie did. He never hid that was what he was. But McCoist was a con man he revealed in his his public persona of romantic family man and devoted father. When the reality was the exact opposite. That's McCoist all over playing up to the golden boy image when in reality he was a womanising bigoted cunt.

But yes you are right there are many other reasons other than being unfaithful to his wife why McCoist is a knob.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You've just made an interesting distinction which nails it.

Being "up front" is not something a married man can be, if he isn't dead and is happy having sex with only one woman for the rest of his life.

Him loving himself, believing the hype, thinking of himself as "golden" i.e. his narcissism was/is the problem. Unlike other married men who are discreet in additional pussy acquisitions, he thought he wiz Erchie. From what I heard, he was pretty shocked and devastated when his wife left him when he really should've seen it coming cos he was taking the piss.

He thought he was so great he could have all the cakes and eat them all. 

True. He was definitely taking the piss and as you say from what I heard from people who regularly witnessed his antics with their own eyes he was far from discreet with it and basically on his own doorstep too. He'd never have gotten away with it these days.

He's undoubtedly a narcissistic knob jockey but people like that always find work in the media the likes of Boyd, Barton etc.

7 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

He really is a permanently red faced fat mess these days. You'd think being on tv regularly would inspire him to go on some sort of diet. He should stick to the radio these days. 

Not far off heart failure 

with a bit of luck 

2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I think you're playing with 60 years to take in a successful period for Aberdeen and unsuccessful years for Hearts, when in reality few of us were around watching football 60 years ago. 

Possibly more relevant to say since 1990 Aberdeen have won 2 League Cups. That's 31 years ago. Hearts were two spot kicks away this season from our 4th Scottish Cup in that time. Spare me the tainted argument as per. Them's the facts. 

And before blaming your lack of success on Hearts or Rangers finances. In that same time Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness, Hibs, Dundee Utd have all won the Scottish Cup. But not Aberdeen. In that time Falkirk have actually made the final THREE times.

You need to look closer to home. Maybe worry less about celebrity fans and Ally McCoist's sex life. 

1 minute ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I think you're playing with 60 years to take in a successful period for Aberdeen and unsuccessful years for Hearts, when in reality few of us were around watching football 60 years ago. 

Possibly more relevant to say since 1990 Aberdeen have won 2 League Cups. That's 31 years ago. Hearts were two spot kicks away this season from our 4th Scottish Cup in that time. Spare me the tainted argument as per. Them's the facts. 

And before blaming your lack of success on Hearts or Rangers finances. In that same time Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness, Hibs, Dundee Utd have all won the Scottish Cup. But not Aberdeen. In that time Falkirk have actually made the final THREE times.

You need to look closer to home. Maybe worry less about celebrity fans and Ally McCoist's sex life. 

I don't need to look closer to home. The facts are in the time we've both watched football Aberdeen have been far more successful than Hearts. That a fact. You've seen Hearts win 3 Scottish Cups and that's it. I've seen Aberdeen win 14 major trophies in 5 different major competitions (and we have won a trophy more recently than Hearts share me the sob story of losing on penalties). We live in a country where football is completely dominated by two huge clubs and success for the rest is very sparse. That's why Hearts have only won 11 trophies in the last 120 odd years whereas Celtic have won 12 in the last 4 years alone which kind of backs up my point.

But the stats show we are the best of the rest however pointless that may be. As you say them's the facts. And I couldn't give two fucks about McCoist's sex life. I just don't respect human beings (or organisations) who pretend to be one thing when they are the exact opposite. A bit like Hearts under Romanov. Didn't care who or what they fucked over financially.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Good response

38 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I don't need to look closer to home. The facts are in the time we've both watched football Aberdeen have been far more successful than Hearts. That a fact. You've seen Hearts win 3 Scottish Cups and that's it. I've seen Aberdeen win 14 major trophies in 5 different major competitions (and we have won a trophy more recently than Hearts share me the sob story of losing on penalties). We live in a country where football is completely dominated by two huge clubs and success for the rest is very sparse. That's why Hearts have only won 11 trophies in the last 120 odd years whereas Celtic have won 12 in the last 4 years alone which kind of backs up my point.

But the stats show we are the best of the rest however pointless that may be. As you say them's the facts. And I couldn't give two fucks about McCoist's sex life. I just don't respect human beings (or organisations) who pretend to be one thing when they are the exact opposite. A bit like Hearts under Romanov. Didn't care who or what they fucked over financially.

And again 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Two can play that game. Let’s base on the past 8 years.

Aberdeen - 1 league cup, European football every year

Hearts - 1 diddy league title, 2 relegations and the league cup groups every year

TINPOT 

• Upvote 4
40 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hearts - 1 diddy league title, 2 relegations and the league cup groups every year

TINPOT 

Funny how Hearts fans used to accuse Aberdeen fans of living in the past all the time, mainly because we are clearly the stronger in terms of success historically and they were going through a spending beyond their means phase again.

They dont want to base it on the current situation as they are in the Championship (again).

They dont want to base it on the last ten years , 2012 since they managed to finish above us in the league. Theyve almost gone a decade behind us in the league!

Most recent trophy? We win again. Lower league titles matter to diddy teams like Hearts.

So past (whether thats the whole time weve both existed / last ten years / last 5 years / last season) and present (Hearts are a shite lower league team again) they are a smaller club.

Its amusing they seem to have decided due to the early years of the Romanov money laundering experiment that they are a bigger club ?

50 minutes ago, NEM said:

TINPOT 

They create their own criteria and leave out other more important criteria. 

To try and claim a prize that means absolutely nothing. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They create their own criteria and leave out other more important criteria. 

To try and claim a prize that means absolutely nothing. 

Exactly. As I said previously the 3rd biggest club in Scotland is a nonsense and embarrassing debate it means jack shit. Hearts fans constant yap on about attendances whilst conveniently forgetting to mention that they never fill their own 20k capacity stadium. 

Hearts fans are just jealous that Aberdeen are the more successful club out of the two. It definitely irks them. Since both clubs were formed we have won more League titles, Scottish Cups and League Cups. And European trophies. Also they have absolutely nothing over the old firm whereas we do as we are the only Scottish club to win two European trophies. 

Anyway I hope they enjoy their Championship win this season. What an amazing achievement that will be.

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

Exactly. As I said previously the 3rd biggest club in Scotland is a nonsense and embarrassing debate it means jack shit. Hearts fans constant yap on about attendances whilst conveniently forgetting to mention that they never fill their own 20k capacity stadium. 

Hearts fans are just jealous that Aberdeen are the more successful club out of the two. It definitely irks them. Since both clubs were formed we have won more League titles, Scottish Cups and League Cups. And European trophies. Also they have absolutely nothing over the old firm whereas we do as we are the only Scottish club to win two European trophies. 

Anyway I hope they enjoy their Championship win this season. What an amazing achievement that will be.

Aye. 

And we have a soul their money (laundering) couldn't buy. 

Which is the most important thing. 

26 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

They dont want to base it on the current situation as they are in the Championship (again).

They dont want to base it on the last ten years , 2012 since they managed to finish above us in the league. Theyve almost gone a decade behind us in the league!

To be fair, 2 out of the 10 we were playing in another division.

TINPOT @NEM

41 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If you put two choices in front of Hearts fans to pick

The success of Aberdeen or the success of Hearts. ALL except the most idiotic would chose Aberdeens successes 

simple as that. 

That's in in a nutshell FnD. Any Hearts fan who says otherwise is either lying or mentally ill.

I've been watching football since the late 70's and in that time as far as Scottish football is concerned the huns and Celtic are tied equal as the two most successful clubs absolutely miles ahead of the others. Then we are a very clear 3rd. Dundee United clearly in 4th. Hearts are in 5th place well behind United.