Dons In Europe

For those of us optimistic/stupid enough to think "There's still a chance..." 

Just thinking about it, the higher up the league we are the more chance we have of getting potentially an even better seeding in Europe... If the Russian teams still end up being banned and the Ukraninan teams can't play there's a real chance whatever round or competition was allocated for Scottish football might get you an even better slot come July/August... I mean it's a god awful reason but if there's European football and potentially more cash in the club's hipper we really still do have all still to play for... 

It's a very AFC irony thing to having had 7 decent league finishes in a row and 7 competent seasons on the bounce in Europe.....meaning we didn't get horsed by anyone embarrassing unlike every other single Scottish team....we suddenly arrive at a point where group games and serious money is virtually guaranteed for the team in 3rd place, and we've got no chance of getting any of it. 

Hugely frustrating, and I'm reasonably certain this wasn't what Swiss Tony and his ego had in mind when he rode into town, effectively sacked Mcinnes, and appointed his incompetent mate as manager.

As it stands, and in the ridiculous scenario that we somehow grab a European place, we're in absolutely no position at all to compete against even the minnowest of minnows. A Hibs/Motherwell/Killie skelping by some part-timers from Andorra would surely follow. 

I'm reluctantly coming to terms with the fact that our sights are set on the glories of the League Cup group stages, but even then I wouldn't be all that confident of coming top of a group with Cove Rangers, Peterhead and maybe Montrose in it. Never mind that we could well be playing ICT and/or Dundee. 

I'm hoping that Goodwin's summer break is going to be short and sweet, because there's some serious work to be done between May and August. 

33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Not sure if I heard it right during the cup matches at the weekend but i'm sure one of the commentators said that 5th place in the league would get Europa Conference League qualifiers if either Celtic or The Huns win the cup. 

That’s correct aye. Also if hearts win it and finish third or fourth 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Only highlights how shit Cormack has been for us on field.

Allowed Mcinnes to fk our chances last season of securing euro footie past Christmas & then follows that up by replacing said shite with shiter than shite Glass leading to NO European football 

Fk Cormack 

Fuck that conman the shady bastard that he is. 

Bates and Gallagher, and Ojo too

Have took us backwards, we're fucking screwed. 

And they're going to fuck off

They're going to fuck off

They don't give a fuck about you. 

Theeeey've taken our club to the bottom

Yes they have

Ooooh yes they haaave

It's the same

Every fucking game

Singing a relegation song. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Bates and Gallagher, and Ojo too

Have took us backwards, we're fucking screwed. 

And they're going to fuck off

They're going to fuck off

They don't give a fuck about you. 

Theeeey've taken our club to the bottom

Yes they have

Ooooh yes they haaave

It's the same

Every fucking game

Singing a relegation song. 

spacer.png

That duo really are the root cause. Not since Hughes & Rae has there been such a dire double act