Election Imminent

Ke1t

Kelt,I picked up the laddie fae the airport this morning.He's hame for a fortnight from VA.He told me something that I never heard over here about Romney.He told me that after one of the live debates Romney was at a dinner held by sponsors and he declared that he doesn't care about 47% of Americans.

This cannae be true shirley?Have you heard anything?Will O'bama get back in?Or is it next stop Tehran?

Should I invest in tinned soup and corned beef?

Sent fae under ma bed over barricades of oose

Kelt,I picked up the laddie fae the airport this morning.He's hame for a fortnight from VA.He told me something that I never heard over here about Romney.He told me that after one of the live debates Romney was at a dinner held by sponsors and he declared that he doesn't care about 47% of Americans.

This cannae be true shirley?Have you heard anything?Will O'bama get back in?Or is it next stop Tehran?

indeed he did at a fundraising dinner.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

When Mitt Romney was first given the opportunity to further explain the

indeed he did at a fundraising dinner.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

When Mitt Romney was first given the opportunity to further explain the

vince mcmahon's wife, linda, him from the wwe, is running for senator.

her advert was all over the telly in nyc last week, her advert slags off the washington suits, so she's going to bake apple pie and cut taxes, fuck know's how she'll do it. maybe with vince's rasslin' pals laying the smacketh down.

• Upvote 1

Tis a well known fact that Mitt (fa the fuck calls their loon after a piece o sporting equipment anyway?) is thick as mince, however it's too close a race to call. Abidy that isnae a septic wants Obama to win, however in US and A, his policies have pissed aff piles o folk over there, so it might wind up the bam getting in charge o the white house. Which wid be an affa affa bad thingmy tae happen.

Oh yeah, he more or less said, "There's a huge bunch of people who wouldn't vote for me under any circumstances, so fuck em, why should I care about them?"

Well, because they're Americans, you tool?

Guy's a fucking freak. Not least he's a Mormon.

I'm naturally disposed towards not trusting anyone with religion, but even in terms of religiosity the Mormons are one step away from maniacs like Branch Davidian or Heavens Gate.

Obama's a dickbag, but at least he's a very smart dickbag. I can appreciate intelligence, even if the person in question is an utter tool, like Obama.

Romney is dumber than a sack of retarded cabbages. And he's a Mormon. And his wife, to put it in technical terms, is a cunt. She seems to think she knows what's best for every American woman (but presumably only those she cares about, and fuck the rest) so she'll be forcing through all her ideas on how women need to get back in the kitchen and have a hundred kids and bake me a pie. Now while that's comedic gold, it's also going to put women's rights back a hundred years if she gets into power vicariously.

Obama, much as I dislike him, has more or less temporarily rescued the American economy (though his fiat economy is going to create a shitstorm the likes of which you have never seen in the global economy in a year or two, so buy yourself 100lbs of rice and store it away). He's also not stated any more wars, Bush started three and we'll be paying for those until someone builds a Thunderdome out in the Arizona desert or the Chinese take over.

Personally I want to vote for a couple of guys. There's dozens of people running for Presnit... and out of them all I want to vote for either James McCall, because he sounds Scottish and so I can relate to him... unless he's a Hun... and...

...Santa Claus.

I'll repeat that.

Santa Claus.

Unfortunately Santa Claus has withdrawn as of last week, which is an enormous pity, because I would weep tears of joy that the world had reached a stage of lunacy where a dude who calls himself Santa Claus could be voted Presnit of these United States.

Now you might thing that this is one of those joke candidacies, like the kind you get in Britain. I'm thinking of the Monster Raving Loony Party, or the Party For People Who Wear Buckets on their Heads, who do it for a bit of a laugh.

You'd be wrong though. This guy was totally serious. He wasn't trying to be jolly or lighthearted, he genuinely wanted be President, and, coincidentally, he had previously changed his name to Santa Claus. Legally.

Just imagine if Santa Claus was a real person, and he'd decided to run for President... that's kinda the reality of his run for office :omg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_9lXHQhlp4&feature=player_embedded

So, I'd probably have voted for Santa Claus.

Anyway,

Romney = A Madman

Obama = A Dickbag

Santa Claus = Win

Roseanne is/was running. She's gone mental too. She's a hippy Peanut Farmer now. So, why not?

Oh yeah, he more or less said, "There's a huge bunch of people who wouldn't vote for me under any circumstances, so fuck em, why should I care about them?"

Well, because they're Americans, you tool?

Guy's a fucking freak. Not least he's a Mormon.

I'm naturally disposed towards not trusting anyone with religion, but even in terms of religiosity the Mormons are one step away from maniacs like Branch Davidian or Heavens Gate.

Obama's a dickbag, but at least he's a very smart dickbag. I can appreciate intelligence, even if the person in question is an utter tool, like Obama.

Romney is dumber than a sack of retarded cabbages. And he's a Mormon. And his wife, to put it in technical terms, is a cunt. She seems to think she knows what's best for every American woman (but presumably only those she cares about, and fuck the rest) so she'll be forcing through all her ideas on how women need to get back in the kitchen and have a hundred kids and bake me a pie. Now while that's comedic gold, it's also going to put women's rights back a hundred years if she gets into power vicariously.

Obama, much as I dislike him, has more or less temporarily rescued the American economy (though his fiat economy is going to create a shitstorm the likes of which you have never seen in the global economy in a year or two, so buy yourself 100lbs of rice and store it away). He's also not stated any more wars, Bush started three and we'll be paying for those until someone builds a Thunderdome out in the Arizona desert or the Chinese take over.

Personally I want to vote for a couple of guys. There's dozens of people running for Presnit... and out of them all I want to vote for either James McCall, because he sounds Scottish and so I can relate to him... unless he's a Hun... and...

...Santa Claus.

I'll repeat that.

Santa Claus.

Unfortunately Santa Claus has withdrawn as of last week, which is an enormous pity, because I would weep tears of joy that the world had reached a stage of lunacy where a dude who calls himself Santa Claus could be voted Presnit of these United States.

Now you might thing that this is one of those joke candidacies, like the kind you get in Britain. I'm thinking of the Monster Raving Loony Party, or the Party For People Who Wear Buckets on their Heads, who do it for a bit of a laugh.

You'd be wrong though. This guy was totally serious. He wasn't trying to be jolly or lighthearted, he genuinely wanted be President, and, coincidentally, he had previously changed his name to Santa Claus. Legally.

Just imagine if Santa Claus was a real person, and he'd decided to run for President... that's kinda the reality of his run for office :omg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_9lXHQhlp4&feature=player_embedded

So, I'd probably have voted for Santa Claus.

Anyway,

Romney = A Madman

Obama = A Dickbag

Santa Claus = Win

Roseanne is/was running too. She's gone mental too. She's a hippy Peanut Farmer now. So, why not?

The laddie's second wife is a mix of Jew and Mormon,she is one scary fruit loop,I like the first one who was a mix of Irish and Iraqi ,an explosive mix but none the less,I like her.

Certainly do. I'm legal and everything.

I won't be voting though.

I consider voting to be akin to telling someone they have your permission to rape you.

I'd still vote and write something like that on your ballot paper.

Are the Senate and HoR expected to change hands in this election?

Did you have to take part in one of this ceremony things saying your yank and you pledge allegiance to the flag?

Sorry for the questions, just interested!

The laddie's second wife is a mix of Jew and Mormon,she is one scary fruit loop,I like the first one who was a mix of Irish and Iraqi ,an explosive mix but none the less,I like her.

I like the fiesty ladies.

The wife's mostly Arab with some German in there somewhere. Her grandparents all came over from Lebanon on boats.

I quite enjoy winding her up so she'll go 'Full Arab' when we're arguing. The arms start waving and she screams and gets all angry in the head, then the Arab sweary words come out and she'll go off to the kitchen to find a knife to kill me with.

That gives me the excuse I need to smash a plank of wood over her head, like Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Bad News Brown circa Wrestlemania V.

hacksaw-jim-duggan.jpg?w=370&h=500

I like the fiesty ladies.

The wife's mostly Arab with some German in there somewhere. Her grandparents all came over from Lebanon on boats.

I quite enjoy winding her up so she'll go 'Full Arab' when we're arguing. The arms start waving and she screams and gets all angry in the head, then the Arab sweary words come out and she'll go off to the kitchen to find a knife to kill me with.

That gives me the excuse I need to smash a plank of wood over her head, like Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Bad News Brown circa Wrestlemania V.

hacksaw-jim-duggan.jpg?w=370&h=500

currently, 1 in 10 voters are Hispanic.

by 2050, it's projected nearly a third of people in the US will be from the Hispanic community.

i would have thought that'd be a point in favour of the Democrats being voted into the oval office more often over time, but perhaps not? also an opportunity for the Republicans to reach out to this growing base of voters, although i would imagine some legislation important to some of this body of voters (like the rights of children of illegals to remain in America) might go against the Republic grain. a better opportunity maybe for a economically-moderate-conservative/socially liberal party to take root?

do you feel there's ever going to be any real opportunity for other parties to build a following in the states? or do you think it will always remain a two-party political system?

by 2050, it's projected nearly a third of people in the US will be from the Hispanic community.

i would have thought that'd be a point in favour of the Democrats being voted into the oval office more often over time, but perhaps not? also an opportunity for the Republicans to reach out to this growing base of voters, although i would imagine some legislation important to some of this body of voters (like the rights of children of illegals to remain in America) might go against the Republic grain. a better opportunity maybe for a economically-moderate-conservative/socially liberal party to take root?

do you feel there's ever going to be any real opportunity for other parties to build a following in the states? or do you think it will always remain a two-party political system?

How many major parties in Canada LGIR? Do you think a multi party choice is more beneficial tae two?

To me America has always voted for the wankers,the losers being the wankers.

I think for the forseeable future it'll remain a two party system, because all the power collects within those two parties.

The increase in the Black and Hispanic vote, while traditionally a Democratic base, won't really help the Democrats, I don't think...

...going out now, but I'll explain why I don't think a larger Democratic voting base will help later.

• Admin

Seriously hope Romney wins, purely for my own twisted means. Women are going to be absolute buttfucked, the next president will most very likely get to select the next Supreme Justices, whom will most definitely be conservative if Romney wins. There is a distinct possibility that there will be a challenge to Roe vs. Wade, and if ruled against, abortion will be seen as constitutionally illegal. The butthurt and shitstorm will be fucking hilarious to watch over this side of the Atlantic.

MeI1u.png

I ken Alfred said it in The Dark Knight, but i thought a picture of Peggy Mitchell in the Queen Vic burning down was more appropriate.

How many major parties in Canada LGIR? Do you think a multi party choice is more beneficial tae two?

To me America has always voted for the wankers,the losers being the wankers.

there are currently 18 registered federal political parties in Canada. but only a few run candidates in a majority of ridings. (and i just found out looking up the list to get you a current count, that we now have a Pirate Party of Canada!! will have to check to see what they're all about). only a few parties actually have seats in the House of Commons (the Conseratives, Liberals, New Democratic Party, Bloc Quebecois :-(, Green Party and a couple of independents).

it's just my own less-than-knowledgeable viewpoint perhaps, but i like multi-party systems. the two-party adversarial system does work for some. but in a multi-party system, you'll often get minority governments, which force you to build coalitions and compromise in order to pass legislation. it's my feeling that this usually tends to meet the needs of more of the country's constituents, rather than just the constituents of the party in power.

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&dir=par&document=index&lang=e

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Commons_of_Canada