Shay Logan

17 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Why the fuck would he go to hearts? Shambles of a club. Much easier gig at cove. Means he can keep his plumbing racket on the go as well. 

Doesn't make any sense if he's got an established plumbing business here.  Wouldn't imagine he'd be on much as a Hearts back-up... he must know that he's probably finished at this level too?  He's really struggled the last couple of years - and has been getting progressively worse.

As others have mentioned, if he could get a part time gig at Cove and carry on with the plumbing, he'd be in a far better position.  Not that I really care either way to be honest!

30 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Can he nae plumb in Edinburgh like? 

I'm sure he can.... I'm not a tradesman myself, but doesn't it take some time build up a client base/reputation in a given area?  Surely easier to crack on in the North East, if he's already established a company up here... ,  

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

I'm sure he can.... I'm not a tradesman myself, but doesn't it take some time build up a client base/reputation in a given area?  Surely easier to crack on in the North East, if he's already established a company up here... ,  

It’s just a van, cheap website and some cards from Vista. Easy does it while hearts pay him to watch from the golf course when they realise he’s past it

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Doesn't make any sense if he's got an established plumbing business here.  Wouldn't imagine he'd be on much as a Hearts back-up... he must know that he's probably finished at this level too?  He's really struggled the last couple of years - and has been getting progressively worse.

As others have mentioned, if he could get a part time gig at Cove and carry on with the plumbing, he'd be in a far better position.  Not that I really care either way to be honest!

Maybe he wants a chain of businesses 

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Maybe the stupid cunt misheard when on his plumbing course. He thought he had to get Gorgie registered

Easily the quote of the day, very clever ?

7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

How are Hearts allowed to loan him outside the transfer window?

Rules were amended this season.....previously only League 1 and 2 clubs could sign loan players up to end of September and end of February. Was extended to Championship clubs, and also window lengthened to allow up to the end of October to bring in loans, and up to end of March for the second window

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Had a good couple of years but a bad few recently with a stinking lazy attitude aswell. 

we go on 

This.

Clearly wasn't that interested in fighting to regain his place at RB once he'd lost it if he was off learning to be a plumber instead. He could have done that anytime after retirement.

I'll wish him no ill though. One of the best (only) full backs we've had for a while in his prime, and loved winding up the Celtic minks.

31 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Can Shay do proper plumbing ie soldering , copper joints etc or is he into all that plastic speedfit shite?

How long would it take him to change an old boiler to a new combi type?  That's what Id want to know if I was Hearts owner.

thinking of getting an air source heat pump myself it's the future

I wonder if Logan knew he was out before he posted his "Fuck all y'all, I'm at the golf" picture, or if the "Fuck all y'all, I'm at the golf" picture is what made his ouster permanent. 

Suspect the former, since we went with no RB rather than Logan. 

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I wonder if Logan knew he was out before he posted his "Fuck all y'all, I'm at the golf" picture, or if the "Fuck all y'all, I'm at the golf" picture is what made his ouster permanent. 

Suspect the former, since we went with no RB rather than Logan. 

Aye I think the former as well.  Reckon he was told he was done for the season.