Video Games

s1dnk

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best way these days to get old classic games on a new system i.e. one that isn't 20yo and liable to fall to pieces?

And I dinna mean a PC emulator.

I know you can download a few old games on Xbox Live but not many.

Any suggestion.

I remember the Nintendo Wii had their entire SNES back catalogue available to download at one point or another, also had some C64 games too (anyone mind Uridium?)

I got a Sega Megadrive collection on the 360 fae HMV a couple of years back, piles of old games on there. Taito, Capcom, Midway put out classics collections a few years back on PS2 and original Xbox, you should be able to get them on Live.

• 4 months later...

I find out the other day that Xbox One punters are getting a re - release of the first 4 Halo games, remastered as "The Master Chief Collection". Fuck. That. Especially as I've got all the games already, granted, the first is a load of pish these days (even though I got the anniversary edition) but the rest, especially 4 are still immense. Haven't got a One yet but will be grabbing one once it drops in price.

I find out the other day that Xbox One punters are getting a re - release of the first 4 Halo games, remastered as "The Master Chief Collection". Fuck. That. Especially as I've got all the games already, granted, the first is a load of pish these days (even though I got the anniversary edition) but the rest, especially 4 are still immense. Haven't got a One yet but will be grabbing one once it drops in price.

Got one the other day with Destiny. Great game, no Halo though.

Halo Reach is one of my favourite games, ever. Gutted it's not on the Master Chief disc but can see why.

• Upvote 1

Halo Reach

Playing it on Heroic just now. Found the best way to play it is to drop most of your normal Halo playing style (granted, you still have to in a vehicle or against Hunters) and approach it more like COD, i.e. take cover at all times, let the allies do most of the work, and think of the Elites as fast moving Juggernauts. Makes it even more fun on account of it throwing the computer which expects you to play it as you've been doing for years. Utter fucking hilarity dropping an entire platoon of grunts with head shots while the Elite in the middle stands looking clueless.

Playing it on Heroic just now. Found the best way to play it is to drop most of your normal Halo playing style (granted, you still have to in a vehicle or against Hunters) and approach it more like COD, i.e. take cover at all times, let the allies do most of the work, and think of the Elites as fast moving Juggernauts. Makes it even more fun on account of it throwing the computer which expects you to play it as you've been doing for years. Utter fucking hilarity dropping an entire platoon of grunts with head shots while the Elite in the middle stands looking clueless.

Me and my mate completed it on legendary co-op mode. Doesn't matter what tactics you use, on that difficulty it's crazy.

• 2 months later...

Here, fit games would you class as an "Xmas Game" I. e the game you most associate with Great Christmas Entertainment, in the same way you might think of The Great Escape and other classic war movies? For me it's been alternating between Halo and COD since I got:

2008: Modern Warfare 1

2009: Halo ODST and MW2

2010: Reach

2011: MW3 and Halo Anniversary

2012: Halo 4

2013: COD Ghosts

All fucking classics, but even though I'll fire them up during the year, I still think of them as Xmas games. Or maybe I'm weird.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got hold of GTA San Andreas Anniversary Edition last month, just finished the story. No school like the old school, still the best GTA of them all.

Great game though Vice City tops it for me.

Looking forward to getting my hands on Batman Arkham Knight and Fallout 4.

Currently playing Max Payne 3 on the recommendations of those on here - so far - Quality game.

• 2 months later...

just got my copy of fallout 4 for the xbox one :cool:

cue the teething problems that make the game unplayable until around a 20GB patch is released in two weeks time.

The wife and I are away to run back through Fallout 3 and New Vegas before we get 4... that should give enough time for a patch to be released.

just got my copy of fallout 4 for the xbox one :cool:

cue the teething problems that make the game unplayable until around a 20GB patch is released in two weeks time.

My copy for the PS4 is waiting for me at home. I assume there is already a day one patch, so I'll play a bit more Until Dawn until that sorts itself out.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...