#3722 ONLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,175 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

How many bars are closer to The Pie In The Sky Bowl than The 3 Lums?
4?
How many bars within 3.7miles/1hr 15min walk of Pittodrie?
:checkit:

Whens the judicial review held?

Not in a bar close to the new stadium.....
I've moved to California

#3723 OFFLINE   Rostov-on-Don

Rostov-on-Don

S-Form

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 24-June 18

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

The solution to the bars problem is alcohol being sold in the ground, especially in big open concourses all the way around the ground before a game which, due to the location, would be even more of a money spinner. It would dwarf only a stadium bar. Aberdeen should be fighting tooth and nail for it, but that sadly, and stupidly, isn't in the nature of the club's upper echelons.

Without that it'll probably be a boring experience no better than Pittodrie, and far worse options.

#3724 ONLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,175 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

The solution to the bars problem is alcohol being sold in the ground, especially in big open concourses all the way around the ground before a game which, due to the location, would be even more of a money spinner. It would dwarf only a stadium bar. Aberdeen should be fighting tooth and nail for it, but that sadly, and stupidly, isn't in the nature of the club's upper echelons.

Without that it'll probably be a boring experience no better than Pittodrie, and far worse options.

Is there a distance to the stadium that the alcohol ban covers? Wonder if the club could be clever and have folk leave, go to a club run bar/booze trailer like they have outside Murraufield which is outside the limit and then let them back in......as long as not drunk of course
I've moved to California

#3725 OFFLINE   Yorston Vasey

Yorston Vasey

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Joined 11-June 17

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

Fucking jakey bastards the lot of you!

#3726 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,703 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

Fuck walking, I’d leave the lums and then drive.

#3727 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,893 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

Prob will be if most folk there are sour pusses like you

#3728 OFFLINE   Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Tomfoolery, buffoonery & nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

Any update on the £60 Million funding shortfall?
Support real fitba not the EPL

#3729 ONLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,175 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

Any update on the £60 Million funding shortfall?

Yes
I've moved to California

#3730 OFFLINE   Rostov-on-Don

Rostov-on-Don

S-Form

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 24-June 18

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

Prob will be if most folk there are sour pusses like you

You're in for a shock if you go to an Aberdeen game.

#3731 OFFLINE   CityCentre

CityCentre

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 17-July 18

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 PM

Not really heard much from the WANKS about their appeal since they claimed they'd raised the £60,000.00 required.

Any idea what the next step will be? Is it them v Aberdeen FC or them v Aberdeen City Council?

#3732 OFFLINE   Panda

Panda

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Not really heard much from the WANKS about their appeal since they claimed they'd raised the £60,000.00 required.

Any idea what the next step will be? Is it them v Aberdeen FC or them v Aberdeen City Council?

It's them v the council.

They're at the 'permission' stage at the moment I imagine, where it is determined whether the judicial review can go ahead or not. Can take up to three months for a decision on that, and we're only a month in.

If they get the go ahead, I think it's another three months until it's heard, then up to three months for a decision. So nine months all in all.

They likely waited until the last minute before submitting their petition to delay as much as possible. Their hope was Aberdeen wouldn't do anything with all this in the background. The club going ahead anyway means that should the judicial review fail it won't have done a thing to disrupt the club.

The success rate of these reviews is low in Scotland. Think six have been successful in the last five years. And NKS's case doesn't seem particularly strong. So really the whole thing is no big deal, not even worth paying attention to.

#3733 OFFLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Cult Hero

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,175 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM

^^^
Well summed up there by the bamboo muncher.

Mon i Cooncil
What goes around, comes around

#3734 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted Today, 12:02 AM

Is there a distance to the stadium that the alcohol ban covers? Wonder if the club could be clever and have folk leave, go to a club run bar/booze trailer like they have outside Murraufield which is outside the limit and then let them back in......as long as not drunk of course

You're allowed a bar in the stadium, so long as you can't see the pitch from it.

#3735 ONLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,175 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted Today, 01:13 AM

You're allowed a bar in the stadium, so long as you can't see the pitch from it.

That's an interesting one, didn't realise that was the stipulation......I found this though, so would it only work if it's classed as hospitality rather than just a bar?

The existing controls mean it is an offence to:

be in possession of alcohol or a controlled container in a designated ground for designated events, or attempt to take alcohol into a designated ground for a designated event
attempt to enter while drunk, or be drunk in, a designated ground for a designated event
carry or consume alcohol on a coach or train specifically hired for the carrying for supporters to a designated event at a designated ground
drink in corporate areas overlooking the field of play (two hours before the start and ending one hour after the end of a designated sporting event) unless the blinds are closed or curtains drawn. It does allow, subject to a licence being granted, drinking in hospitality areas in the grounds of the stadium and in the stadium car parks.

However a wee footnote: Section 18 of the 1995 Act empowers Scottish Ministers to designate which sporting events and grounds are subject to alcohol controls.

Wonder if the Scottish Parliament would try and overturn this with pressure?
I've moved to California

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users