Sam Cosgrove

I just dont see it. Maybe I'm reading into the wording too much.... "far far far superior". and "light years ahead".

For me Dykes is at least a first team pick for a Premier League team (I mean, McBurnie has been) if that is the case and not playing pish for QPR in the championship, not bringing anyone into play in most of this Scotland appearances and with Livingston and QOTS the other main notes on his cv.

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I just dont see it. Maybe I'm reading into the wording too much.... "far far far superior". and "light years ahead".

For me Dykes is at least a first team pick for a Premier League team (I mean, McBurnie has been) if that is the case and not playing pish for QPR in the championship, not bringing anyone into play in most of this Scotland appearances and with Livingston and QOTS the other main notes on his cv.

He was brilliant in all his Scotland appearances. 

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

We generally lose players to Northampton town and Plymouth and you think we are going to get an in contract striker from championship QPR?

retard 

Where did I say we I thought we would sign him? I said I would be delighted if we did, not appalled or whatever it was the quote I posted claimed. Try working on your reading and comprehension skills, retard.

31 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hahaha

How is he clearly far better? To the extent I need to give up ever watching football and watch surfing instead. How much of him are you watching? 

Sorry football genius. Forgot everyone had to have the same opinion as you.

I personally think they are at a similar level. One is in poor form and the other is a darling cause he scored against a bunch of Czech lads that were picked off the streets of Prague. You would think if Dykes was a far better player he would be playing at a higher level, being a year older as well?

Utterly clueless. 

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You’re embarrassing yourself now. Try forgetting about who plays for which team and instead look at the attributes of both players. Dykes has a good touch, can hold the ball up well, is good in the air and generally a strong player who puts himself about causing problems for defenders.

Cosgrove is tall and can take a penalty. 

No difference though eh?

20 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Correct. Scotland were a far better side with Dykes in it, a proper centre forward we have been missing for years.

Yep. He'll be playing in England's top flight soon enough. 

30 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye and Big Sams CV has Barrow, Chorley and North Ferriby United and in total scored 0 goals for. 

39 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Jamie Vardy played for Halifax and Fleetwood before Leicester and is one of the most prolific strikers in England. Andy Robertson played for Queen’s Park and Dundee United and has now won the champions league.

Not that I’m comparing Dykes to either of them, just highlighting the nonsensical logic of your post.

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Jamie Vardy played for Halifax and Fleetwood before Leicester and is one of the most prolific strikers in England. Andy Robertson played for Queen’s Park and Dundee United and has now won the champions league.

Not that I’m comparing Dykes to either of them, just highlighting the nonsensical logic of your post.

Dykes is 25. Vardy was on the brink of his move to Leicester at that age and Robertson already had a champions league medal in his pocket. Good comeback. 

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Getting defensive now because you’ve been shown up for talking pish. Sore one.

You certainly haven’t succeeded in doing that ?

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Dykes is 25. Vardy was on the brink of his move to Leicester at that age and Robertson already had a champions league medal in his pocket. Good comeback. 

You certainly haven’t succeeded in doing that ?

I already told you I wasn’t comparing them to Cosgrove or dykes, I was making the point that footballers can peak later in their careers and even the best have shit clubs on their CV. I see it’s gone completely over your head though, unsurprisingly.

Still, keep claiming that useless cunt Cosgrove is as good as Dykes. It’s not making you look daft at all.

I think the big big Sam gets slagged of a bit harshly on here and he’s very comparable to dykes. 
I will admit Iv never seen dykes play for QPR and only Livi and Scotland but there was a clamour for him to be in the Scotland squad after one good game against Celtic when they were the best team in the league. 

The big difference between ye two is dykes runs about more closing down defenders and he had some excellent games for Scotland 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hahaha

How is he clearly far better? To the extent I need to give up ever watching football and watch surfing instead. How much of him are you watching? 

Sorry football genius. Forgot everyone had to have the same opinion as you.

I personally think they are at a similar level. One is in poor form and the other is a darling cause he scored against a bunch of Czech lads that were picked off the streets of Prague. You would think if Dykes was a far better player he would be playing at a higher level, being a year older as well?

Completely agree with you.

Cosgrove scored a hell of a lot more goals than him at the same level. As you say Dykes has hardly been someone providing a lot of goals and assists for QPR.

A few hard working performances and a goal against a Czech reserve team for Scotland doesn't put him miles ahead of Cosgrove for me either.

I'm in the Dykes is a better footballer than Cosgrove camp.  General skills, link up play and work rate far superior. A real team player. 

Though I accept Cosgrove scored more goals during 2019/20. 

Comparing scoring records on its own is too simplistic as we can't tell how many Dykes would have scored in our team or how many Cosgrove would get for QPR. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm in the Dykes is a better footballer than Cosgrove camp.  General skills, link up play and work rate far superior. A real team player. 

Though I accept Cosgrove scored more goals during 2019/20. 

Comparing scoring records on its own is too simplistic as we can't tell how many Dykes would have scored in our team or how many Cosgrove would get for QPR. 

I think their general skill and link up play is on par with each other, dykes works harder cosgrove is a better goal scorer. 
So I suppose it comes down to do you want a goal scorer or do you want a hard working striker. 

• Dildo 1
51 minutes ago, NEM said:

Cosgrove clearly off form and unmotivated at the minute though - probably clouding folks opinions of him

Exactly this. You've got folk on here claiming Main is better than Cosgrove these days... ?Cosgrove is off form, no doubt about that. He's shown he's a good striker in the past though & im confident he'll get back to that level. 

Just now, thurso said:

I think their general skill and link up play is on par with each other, dykes works harder cosgrove is a better goal scorer. 
So I suppose it comes down to do you want a goal scorer or do you want a hard working striker. 

I disagree that their skill and link up play is in any way of similar quality. 

But we also disagree on John McGinn. 

We just like different players and that's fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true. Getting close on what Guingamp were going to be giving Aberdeen has to be our minimum target. 

If we get offered anything like that again we'll be snatching their hand off. 

Contract length reducing and spending half your time in the bench being preferred to Main can't be good for your price tag. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If we get offered anything like that again we'll be snatching their hand off. 

Contract length reducing and spending half your time in the bench being preferred to Main can't be good for your price tag. 

In the current market, £2.7 million isn't out of the question. However, you are bang on, in respect of his potential value diminishing due to being benched in favour of a lunchtime wrestler, and his contract length reducing since Guingamp's offer was accepted.

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

In the current market, £2.7 million isn't out of the question. However, you are bang on, in respect of his potential value diminishing due to being benched in favour of a lunchtime wrestler, and his contract length reducing since Guingamp's offer was accepted.

I wonder if he'd view the Guingcamp offer differently if it came up again now? 

I thought the Guingcamp offer might smoke out other interested parties but it appears not. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wonder if he'd view the Guingcamp offer differently if it came up again now? 

I thought the Guincamp offer might smoke out other interested parties but it appears not. 

Same here min but unfortunately like the say in the land of Guingamp, c'est la vie (good Robbie Nevil song).

However, I wouldn't be surprised if some club tries Aberdeen's resolve with an under market value bid. 

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I already told you I wasn’t comparing them to Cosgrove or dykes, I was making the point that footballers can peak later in their careers and even the best have shit clubs on their CV. I see it’s gone completely over your head though, unsurprisingly.

Still, keep claiming that useless cunt Cosgrove is as good as Dykes. It’s not making you look daft at all.

No I get that - and its fair enough. But how late in his career is the light years ahead far far far superior tartan army idol of yours gonna peak? Or is this him peaking now? Playing with Dom Ball for the R's?? 

I think they are both good strikers. Dykes would win in a fight though.

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I disagree that their skill and link up play is in any way of similar quality. 

But we also disagree on John McGinn. 

We just like different players and that's fair enough. 

Exactly it’s all about opinions

and whoever buys cosgrove I hope is of the same opinion as me so we make millions ?