1882 replies to this topic

#1861 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 12,591 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted Today, 02:10 AM

How is Clarke going to be able to work with that shower of corrupt fuckers at the sfa?

It's bound to end in tears. Hopefully with him exposing them for what they are.

That's the problem right there. Thought on numerous occasions that the next muppet might be able to do something because they aren't 'yes men' & the SFA twats in he background will just fk off.

This will never happen.

The suits are there to protect their free ride first & foremost. The good of the national side comes second to all that. This will never change because the suits want it that way

Unfortunately this is how I see it too... Clarke is a good coach.  He wouldn't have got Killie 3rd in the league, on a shoe-string budget, if he wasn't good.  For me that's not up for debate.  All the top managers down south, that he's assisted in the past, all speak very well of his methods too.

He clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly, so there will undoubtedly be friction there and they will end up butting heads... there is no way he'll accept their nonsense (however, this makes me wonder if he will actually take the job in the first place...).  Unfortunately there will only be one winner in that battle.

As @aberdeen1970 mentions... when it does inevitably end in tears, hopefully he takes a few of them down with him!

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1862 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,515 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted Today, 07:12 AM

Hopefully Clarke is someone who can change the Scottish game for the better. He has done a brilliant job with Kilmarnock.

#1863 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted Today, 10:06 AM

Unfortunately this is how I see it too... Clarke is a good coach. He wouldn't have got Killie 3rd in the league, on a shoe-string budget, if he wasn't good. For me that's not up for debate. All the top managers down south, that he's assisted in the past, all speak very well of his methods too.

He clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly, so there will undoubtedly be friction there and they will end up butting heads... there is no way he'll accept their nonsense (however, this makes me wonder if he will actually take the job in the first place...). Unfortunately there will only be one winner in that battle.

As @aberdeen1970 mentions... when it does inevitably end in tears, hopefully he takes a few of them down with him!

C'mon. Stuart McCall got a 3rd and 2 2nd place finishes in 3 seasons on a shoestring. I didn't hear anyone talk about him being the fucking grand saviour of Scottish fitba. Lol. This really is bizarre.

I'm pretty sure the fact that he's had a few outspoken rants at the cunts at the sfa is slightly blinding some folk. Killie had a freak season and finished in 3rd by a couple of goals after the huns lay down. It's all downhill from here for them.

If Clarke takes the Scotland job he'll put on the blazer and tie, take the money (which is all he is really considering) and then get sacked in a year and a half with a pay off. There won't be any "friction" with the sfa as you think. Why would there? He can't moan about refs to them. Or sectarian abuse, or anything else that he might do while in a club role. Please explain what possible friction there might be? I don't get it. What is he going to do? "Bring them down"? Hahaha.

The big problem he will have is picking and coaching a team to play international football. On that, there is no fucking doubt he'd be way out of his depth and would only succeed in maintaining the nation's downward spiral.

#1864 OFFLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted Today, 01:26 PM

Stuart McCall didn't take over a team that was bottom of the league.

Clark took over in October with 3 points after 8 games.

They finished the season in 5th place with 59 points.

Clark has been a fantastic manager for Kilmarnock.

#1865 OFFLINE   The Oxford Don

The Oxford Don

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,469 posts
  • Joined 17-January 06

Posted Today, 02:16 PM

Clarke confirmed - 3 year deal. 

Goodbye Kilmarnock as a decent team!   :wave:

#1866 ONLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,809 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted Today, 02:29 PM

https://www.bbc.com/...otball/48303984

Wait - what?

"Steve Clarke says he wants to emulate the success of the Scotland women's team...."

Mair PC pish from the BBC.

What relevance does the women's fitba team have to Clarke being appointed?

The two are completely separate and in no way on the same playing field.

Panda will no doubt be along shortly to give his tainted view on why women's fitba should be even spoken about or commented upon in this article.
What goes around, comes around

#1867 OFFLINE   Panda

Panda

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted Today, 03:08 PM

Wait - what?

"Steve Clarke says he wants to emulate the success of the Scotland women's team...."

Panda will no doubt be along shortly to give his tainted view on why women's fitba should be even spoken about or commented upon in this article.

"Tainted view" 😂😂

It's actually from a Scottish FA press release that they've sent to everyone. It has nothing to do with the BBC.

Imagine getting upset about it though.

#1868 ONLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,809 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

"Tainted view"
It's actually from a Scottish FA press release that they've sent to everyone. It has nothing to do with the BBC.
Imagine getting upset about it though.

Ha ha, wondered how long it'd take.

Nae upset about it, just lounging about soaking up some sun seeing who I can wind up

#1869 OFFLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

Wait - what?

Are you okay? It's a direct quote from Clarke, it's relevant because he made it relevant.

#1870 ONLINE   Dom Sullivan

Dom Sullivan

Dons Legend

• Site Sponsor
  • 3,809 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Posted Today, 03:14 PM

Are you okay? It's a direct quote from Clarke, it's relevant because he made it relevant.

See above :-)

#1871 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,239 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 04:03 PM

A decent appointment by the SFA this time I think.

Doesn't change all the systemic problems we have which hold back the international team but a decent manager is a good start.

Good luck to him.

Can we get rid of the SFA numpties who failed to get ONeill then worked from a shortlist of Walter Smith and Alex McLeish please?

#1872 OFFLINE   ericblack4boss

ericblack4boss

My name is Brian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts
  • Joined 17-February 08

Posted Today, 04:08 PM

If you think that the freeloading selfish cunts that run roughshod over the game in this country will voluntarily step aside.
You are in for a disappointment
A MAN OF THE DON, IS WORTH TWO OF THE DEE!

#1873 OFFLINE   Tyzo_1903

Tyzo_1903

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted Today, 04:16 PM

Doesn't matter whether it's Michael Schumachar driving a Morris Minor or Joe Bloggs driving a Morris Minor, it's still a Morris Minor. I.E we are shite.

Problem with Scotland lies well beyond who's manager. One good thing is I doubt he'll put up with the multiple pull out nonsense that's been happening recently.

Hope hes given a lot of patience from fans/sfa as Clarke can only pish with the cock he's got in this job and unfortunately he's inherited a flaccid 2 incher.

#1874 ONLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted Today, 04:35 PM

Doesn't matter whether it's Michael Schumachar driving a Morris Minor or Joe Bloggs driving a Morris Minor, it's still a Morris Minor. I.E we are shite.

Problem with Scotland lies well beyond who's manager. One good thing is I doubt he'll put up with the multiple pull out nonsense that's been happening recently.

Hope hes given a lot of patience from fans/sfa as Clarke can only pish with the cock he's got in this job and unfortunately he's inherited a flaccid 2 incher.

A post so bad that even Shooftah would be embarrassed by it.

Scotland, while far from world beaters, have a very decent squad of players. A squad that is far superior to multiple of the teams who qualified for the last Euros.

This nonsense about a manager being unimportant is just that, nonsense. If Clarke gets us organised, motivated and playing in a manner that suits our players, it'll make lightyears of difference.

No matter how many AFC Chat Scotland haters say otherwise.

#1875 OFFLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted Today, 04:47 PM

Hopefully he'll be like Craig Brown 25 years ago, we'll be organised and hard to beat.
I'll take rubbish football if it makes us competitive.

#1876 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,239 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 04:49 PM

Agree with Parkie.

Clarke's objective has to be to get the right players together, organised, in a coherent system, motivated and when we get that we should be a lot better than struggling against pish like Isreal or whatever.

#1877 OFFLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted Today, 05:12 PM

Joe Bloggs would be much faster

#1878 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 33,645 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted Today, 06:04 PM

If you think that the freeloading selfish cunts that run roughshod over the game in this country will voluntarily step aside.
You are in for a disappointment

You're one to talk about people not stepping aside

#1879 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 33,645 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

Agree with Parkie.

Clarke's objective has to be to get the right players together, organised, in a coherent system, motivated and when we get that we should be a lot better than struggling against pish like Isreal or whatever.

Which is why he is ideal for the job

Its what he has done excellently at killie

#1880 OFFLINE   Ke1t

Ke1t

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,046 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

Appears a decent appointment. 

Can't be worse than McLeish, that's for fucking sure. 

Still... very much remains to be seen if it IS a decent appointment, because while great work at Killie... not so great work in the more competitive environment at Reading.

Which Steve Clarke is Scotland getting? 

Current opinion of him is one of folded arms waiting to see. 

"The internet has made it clear just how many dumb cunts there are."

#1881 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,239 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 06:35 PM

Which is why he is ideal for the job

Its what he has done excellently at killie

Yep. What I said I thought.

#1882 ONLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 33,645 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

Yep. What I said I thought.

Yep, believe it or not I was agreeing

#1883 ONLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,239 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted Today, 06:44 PM

Yep, believe it or not I was agreeing

Ach, shit, sometimes that's just confusing.

Apologies.

22 user(s) are browsing this forum

3 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users