Champions League

Purely a function of two teams knowing each other inside out.  I wonder if inviting, positively supporting in fact, the top six teams from the big leagues increases the chance of this happening ? 

for what it’s worth I thought it was a masterclass in shitfesting a game from Chelski.

Guardiola needs to learn that the tactical masterclass of world beatering galacticoes is fine for 60 minutes.  But if it hasn’t worked and you’ve given the opposition something to hold onto you’ve got a problem.  And that problem only intensifies the closer to the line you get.

Rutgers challenge.  Ave some of that! Lucky boy with Var but then that marks out the top players, how to still make it look accidental.  Continentals are still the masters at that.  UK players are shit at it.

I enjoyed it but not one for the textbooks on flowing football.

15 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Can't argue,  3 shots on target and 4 corners. BORING

would say that’s the fault of PG.

strange team selection.  

thought Chelsea look a good team, and with a better finisher could’ve scored 2/3 more, justified being finalists.

both manc mgrs fucked up on that this year.

• 3 months later...

Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova) beating Real Madrid in the CL group stages in Madrid,

Ranked a good bit lower than Qarabag are this season (although they will undoubtedly jump up quite considerably next season). Sitting on top of their group 3 points ahead of Madrid and 5 points ahead of Inter Milan and Shakhtar. I suspect in the end that they'll lose out (just) to Real and Inter in qualifying but they've given themselves a hoor of a chance nevertheless

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova) beating Real Madrid in the CL group stages in Madrid,

Ranked a good bit lower than Qarabag are this season (although they will undoubtedly jump up quite considerably next season). Sitting on top of their group 3 points ahead of Madrid and 5 points ahead of Inter Milan and Shakhtar. I suspect in the end that they'll lose out (just) to Real and Inter in qualifying but they've given themselves a hoor of a chance nevertheless

Great to see cunts like Madrid getting beat like that. All the money in the world too. Fuck them

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

As good as it is to see the likes of Madrid being beat at home, the Moldovan team is just another plaything for a really rich guy, the team is full of mercenary's and the owner is a really shady character.

He makes David Murray, Charles Green and Craig Whyte look like boy scouts.

Charles Green is an evil genius.  Hoodwinked everyone and walked away with a castle and a multi million pay off from the cops. 

• 7 months later...
Guest milne_afc

Lol @ the scouse halfwit on the radio there, “eeey some of  us will just blag in”

Thats never been an issue ☺️

23 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Lol @ the scouse halfwit on the radio there, “eeey some of  us will just blag in”

Thats never been an issue ☺️

Justice for the 97 now isn’t it? Embarrassing. Hope they get stuffed tonight so the mighty aberdeen can remain the last team to beat them in a euro final (even though it wasn’t the proper euro cup) 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Inflated opinions of English fitba. 

could watch these English tears all evening 

That's why I want them to lose. Them and the glory hunters from outwith Liverpool, I've no particular beef with the scouse. 

BT sport specifically. Michael Owen still insisting they are the best team in Europe, fuck off. 

12 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Michael Owen before the game saying the Scousers would blow Madrid away ?

Owen just saying Real not the best team in Europe.  After beating Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and PSG on the way to lifting the trophy.

Scouse tears taste similar to Hun tears.