Zola Leaves Pittodrie

Yet another player with bundles of ability who was never given the chance to shine. Our win % when Zola was a key player in the squad told the true story to how important he was in the squad.

Put the rod away, min.

Think I saw him have one decent half against Partick, other than that he's up there with one of the worst players I've seen at the club. A special mention to alloa at home where I genuinely feel we'd have been better with ten men than with him upfront.

The removal of the anaconda from the showers should do wonders for team morale.

Hopefully weve nae paid him too much money to fuck off

Also hopefully we have a striker signed already to push the button on this one. If Rooney gets injured were a bit short on striking options for the euro tie.

Magennis, Vernon and Zola all binned - a lot of game time up front available there for a new signing! Also encouraging for young Shankland who I have high hopes for.

To be fair to Zola I think he was one of the factors in Pawlett stepping up to the plate this season. Initially in the first part of the season almost as a rule 2 players were marking Zola which gave others space to exploit

Good luck to the lad. Cheers for the bounce versus United at home

Yet another player with bundles of ability who was never given the chance to shine. Our win % when Zola was a key player in the squad told the true story to how important he was in the squad.

Not...sure...if...serious.

Thank fuck I'll never, ever have to witness Magennis and now Zola play for Aberdeen again. I thought Fallon was horseshit and we'd never be capable of signing somebody worse. Wrong

• Upvote 1

Zola going must mean some positive news to come on a striker, whether its Boyd or someone else. Don't believe that McInnes would have left us short on strikers without a replacement being lined up. Fingers crossed its Boyd.

His contract was cancelled. With a year to go means he would have had a hefty pay-off, which could have quite a hit on the budget for next season.

McInnes can't afford another of these mistakes.

His contract was cancelled. With a year to go means he would have had a hefty pay-off, which could have quite a hit on the budget for next season.

McInnes can't afford another of these mistakes.

What if there was an option in the contract for either party to cancel it after a year?

What if it was cancelled so he could go sign for a different club?

What would the pay off be then?

Hughes, Jordon Brown, Clark and now Zola have all been paid off since McInnes took over

But with any luck the details of their contracts might make it that we haven't paid very much at all... I'm not a lawyer but employment law for a freelancer, they still can be performance managed out of clubs... You're a striker, you haven't scored goals, we've performance managed you out of the club, here's 3 months pay...