Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Lewis Ferguson

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

The partnership between McCrorie and him was promising early in the season but not now, very unconvinced that McCrorie can play in a midfield two. 

McCrorie looked fantastic when he first came into the team.

It must be he is following instructions now how to play and he has deteriated for it.

McInnes is not a manager who allows a player the freedom to play.

• Upvote 1

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Good interview from him last night and markedly different from the excuse making McInnes' post match interview: 

There’s your captain

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

He will recognise that staying with Aberdeen won't do anything for his career. Rangers will have him as well if he doesn't go to England.

I honestly don't see that happening. He might end up back there one day, but like McLean and Shinnie, has a bit more respect for the club and what we have done for his career and won't move there directly. He'll get a gig in the upper reaches of the English championship no bother. Might even get picked up by a lower half EPL side as a squad player if he's lucky

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I honestly don't see that happening. He might end up back there one day, but like McLean and Shinnie, has a bit more respect for the club and what we have done for his career and won't move there directly. He'll get a gig in the upper reaches of the English championship no bother. Might even get picked up by a lower half EPL side as a squad player if he's lucky

Not so sure, the lure of Champions league may be to much for him

9 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He should be offered the captaincy to stay next season, if we are needing to convince him.

One of the few players who's looked like they give a shit recently.

I’m not sure the lure of being captain wound be enough to make him stay; it’s not as if it comes with any concomitant pay rise, is it? Or does it?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm sure Shinnie and McLean didn't bypass Rangers for England because of "respect" for Aberdeen. At the time Rangers were toiling a bit, and both joined decent English clubs.  

Rangers are now running away with the league and got CL football to look forward to next season. That, on top of him being a Rangers fan growing up (presumably...and likely) would be enough to see him go there unless he's offered a really good club down south. 

23 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He should be offered the captaincy to stay next season, if we are needing to convince him.

The captaincy will make zero difference to his career thoughts IMO.

If someone offers him a 4 year contract @ £8k-10k per week do you think he’ll sit at home and think “I’m happy earning £3k per week being captain of Aberdeen”?

I hope it wouldn’t as I’d question his sanity if he did. 

Obviously he grew up as a rabid hun.

But I'm sure the family connection can be ruled out as a motivation for joining them right now. For whatever reason (I've never looked into the reason why, don't really care) both daddy Derek and Uncle Barry the Fud are utterly despised by the sevco hordes and have been for a good few years.

The Champions League angle I can accept would be a massive attraction though. But I'm sticking with my belief he will go down south

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The captaincy will make zero difference to his career thoughts IMO.

If someone offers him a 4 year contract @ £8k-10k per week do you think he’ll sit at home and think “I’m happy earning £3k per week being captain of Aberdeen”?

I hope it wouldn’t as I’d question his sanity if he did. 

Depends whos offering the money. If it's to play in South Korea or China, i'm sure he'd think "fuck that". If it's the Huns he'd jump at the chance. He'll be back down living near his family, playing for his childhood team and earning shit loads and in a team not manned by a loser. 

5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Depends whos offering the money. If it's to play in South Korea or China, i'm sure he'd think "fuck that". If it's the Huns he'd jump at the chance. He'll be back down living near his family, playing for his childhood team and earning shit loads and in a team not manned by a loser. 

If it’s the SEVCO bastards he’d go, but if it were Preston, Brentford, Birmingham or whoever, then I’m pretty sure he’d see it as the “next step”.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Not saying I don't agree he should be made captain but we don't have to offer him fuck all to convince him to stay - he's under contract.

I'd offer him it and an increase ion wages if he extends by a year

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Seems to be coming back onto a game after being absolutely honking for months. Hiding at every opportunity.

But overall, great young player. If he's still here next season I'd make him captain!

Can’t have been easy trying to carry this team of scheisters so no wonder he has dipped.

Will hugely benefit from Brown coming to the club.

As has been mentioned, if he can add the arrogance and swagger, and a touch of nastiness to his already considerable talents, he could really push on.