New Stadium Approved

14 minutes ago, eddiec said:

Aye new stadium at the beach and sell the Kingsford site to Asda and then sit back and watch the meltdown from the Westhill Wifies about the traffic chaos that would lead to every day of the week instead of once a fortnight 

Season ticket at the new beach end for me please 

Sell it to Asda?? Fuck that we should be applying for a licence for a commercial waste dump. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ullevi said:

Yes there will be a lot of back tracking when they try and justify wanting to have the stadium in the city centre after saying they had to have everything together out at Westhill

If the Council/Government come up with a contribution of millions to have the stadium in their preferred location then there is no back tracking at all. That's completely different to what was happening previously.

Covid and the change of chairman also make it different.

Of course it's best to have everything in one place but if we are offered a £10M contribution to stay at the beach then that becomes the no brainer.

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Of course it's best to have everything in one place but if we are offered a £10M contribution to stay at the beach then that becomes the no brainer.

I would hope were getting a lot more than £10M. That could easily be sucked up. Additional costs of running 2 sites, it might be a harder build at the beach (access, ground conditions etc), plus any delay is gonna cost us additional money we could be earning from a new stadium. 

Council have let us down badly over the years. They need to step up to the plate to make it work. 

20 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I would hope were getting a lot more than £10M. That could easily be sucked up. Additional costs of running 2 sites, it might be a harder build at the beach (access, ground conditions etc), plus any delay is gonna cost us additional money we could be earning from a new stadium. 

Council have let us down badly over the years. They need to step up to the plate to make it work. 

More is ideal. £10M would be the sort of value you'd start to listen to the council. That's on top of gifting all the land.

13 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Agreed. A figure like £10m could quite easily be wiped out after you factor in writing off the work done on the Kingsford site to date, possible poorer ground conditions to deal with at the beach, the ongoing cost of staff at 2 sites etc. 

I’ll be interested to see if the council’s contribution is going to be directly towards building the stadium itself, or whether it will towards things like the land purchase and transport links. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s the latter. 

I doubt we’d get much for the land at Kingsford? We didn’t pay a huge amount for the whole site, and would only have half of it to sell now. And we’d probably have to dig up all the pre-emotive drainage works that were done for the stadium before it could be sold. And it’s unlikely you’re going to find a developer who is going to want to build houses/flats there. 

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I doubt we’d get much for the land at Kingsford? We didn’t pay a huge amount for the whole site, and would only have half of it to sell now. And we’d probably have to dig up all the pre-emotive drainage works that were done for the stadium before it could be sold. And it’s unlikely you’re going to find a developer who is going to want to build houses/flats there. 

Why? Its prime commuter belt land.

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The site had been there for a long time before AFC bought it. If someone had wanted to build houses on it, they would have already.

:nutter:

If that were true it'd apply to all land everywhere. It's like saying there can't be a £10 note lying on the ground because someone would have picked it up by now.

26 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The site had been there for a long time before AFC bought it. If someone had wanted to build houses on it, they would have already.

Despite the supposed decline in industry in the NE, there still seems to be plenty demand for new housing. And we're not talking affordable or council housing, these are yer typically expensive new builds. The industrial estate at Westhill is still expanding, mostly smaller / medium size Subsea companies. In fact there's a sign up as you approach welcoming you to the ' World Centre of Subsea Excellence' (or something along those lines).

So that land at Kingsford is still worth a decent chunk of money, definitely.

The land at Kingsford was gifted to the club so as long as there is no legal problems with that and the former owner is happy to let the club cash in.

I do wait to laugh when the Westhill and Kingswells residents are up in arms because the club sell it to be houses or retail

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

The land at Kingsford was gifted to the club so as long as there is no legal problems with that and the former owner is happy to let the club cash in.

I do wait to laugh when the Westhill and Kingswells residents are up in arms because the club sell it to be houses or retail

The residents of Westhill seem more than happy to see green land having McDonalds, Starbucks and various industrial sheds built on the approach to the town on the other side of the road to where the proposed stadium would be.

But the fact is the stadium would be very close to, and dwarf, existing housing. Couple that with undeniable snobbery because, you know, working class football fans might set foot on their street.. they were always going to oppose it.

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Couple that with undeniable snobbery because, you know, working class football fans might set foot on their street.. they were always going to oppose it.

Well, maybe football people should being such dicks.

Just out of interest, who owns the massive piece of unused beachfront property a couple miles north of Pittodrie?

Is it part of Kings Links?

Not being used for anything, seemingly... is it viable land for a new stadium and sports complex?

Appears to be big enough. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Just out of interest, who owns the massive piece of unused beachfront property a couple miles north of Pittodrie?

Is it part of Kings Links?

Not being used for anything, seemingly... is it viable land for a new stadium and sports complex?

Appears to be big enough. 

spacer.png

I've always thought of this is a logical site but seems to be overlooked. I know it's a nature reserve but surely there is plenty of land nearby for the resident rabbits and seagulls to go 

21 hours ago, Ramandu said:

:nutter:

If that were true it'd apply to all land everywhere. It's like saying there can't be a £10 note lying on the ground because someone would have picked it up by now.

It basically does? Developers buy up land and unused buildings all the time for potential future developments. 

24 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

It basically does? Developers buy up land and unused buildings all the time for potential future developments. 

That was my point. Seemed like you were saying that nobody will want to build houses at Kingsford because nobody has built houses at Kingsford yet.

I was saying if anyone wanted to they probably would have done so by now, and I can't see how half the site now being football pitches is going to make it a more attractive option for someone who has never wanted it before.

The club probably won't want a bunch of houses or flats overlooking the training base anyway.

my house overlooks the pitch at the barracks and i've watched them loads of times but don't worry you're not missing much in the way of tactical genius more like run up and down for a wee while to warm up then we'll have a bounce game with rolling subs to give the cherubs a wee rest, sometimes they put up those metal mannie things but as most of our crosses couldn't get over their heids didn't offer too much. 

41 minutes ago, eddiec said:

my house overlooks the pitch at the barracks and i've watched them loads of times but don't worry you're not missing much in the way of tactical genius more like run up and down for a wee while to warm up then we'll have a bounce game with rolling subs to give the cherubs a wee rest, sometimes they put up those metal mannie things but as most of our crosses couldn't get over their heids didn't offer too much. 

A few of the ex players have slagged the standard of training .

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I was saying if anyone wanted to they probably would have done so by now, and I can't see how half the site now being football pitches is going to make it a more attractive option for someone who has never wanted it before.

The club probably won't want a bunch of houses or flats overlooking the training base anyway.

I think there are trees planted around the perimeter of Cormack park. I suppose that's so it is (eventually) less exposed to the elements, and any houses built nearby wouldn't really be an issue I'm sure. Why would it be?

2 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I think there are trees planted around the perimeter of Cormack park. I suppose that's so it is (eventually) less exposed to the elements, and any houses built nearby wouldn't really be an issue I'm sure. Why would it be?

The trees were planted in Derek’s honour

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...