Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

aye looks like he offers more of a threat himself than fraser or hayes who though obviously doing well (or at least better than the players last year) need others to get on the end of their crosses.

keep mcginn n vernon fit and get fallon on the go to and we'll have plenty options along with smith and magennis to change things up front during matches

for me hes an odd one. after his goal saturday he seemed to disappear from the game and didnt see him involved again till after fraser went off. i was calling for him to come off and get milsom or clark on.

that said, he has pace and if he can be involved, hes a threat. just seems to to a bit gary mcdonald for spells

• 3 weeks later...

I was excited at getting two wingers (him and Hayes) and then a bit disappointed Brown said he saw him as a striker. (boo)

Then he started with playing two wide with Hayes and Fraser (hooray) who has been brilliant. (hooray-er) and McGinn has actually shown he can score (hooray-est)

So well down Brown and well down Niall.

• Upvote 3

What a sound as fuck team the Dandies are

I'm liking the apparent bond being created within the squad. All for 1...and 1 for all.

The new guys like Hayes & McGinn are loving it here.

And the fact we have added AFC fans/experienced pros/decent players like Anderson and Rae is helping this too. I reckon.

(Obvious exception to this harmony of course...) :sherlock:

I'm liking the apparent bond being created within the squad. All for 1...and 1 for all.

The new guys like Hayes & McGinn are loving it here.

And the fact we have added AFC fans/experienced pros/decent players like Anderson and Rae is helping this too. I reckon.

(Obvious exception to this harmony of course...) :sherlock:

I'm starting to think that Broon signing Rae was a great piece of business. He's coming to the end of his career and he still has something to offer at this level, the fact he is a dandie at heart is a huge bonus.

I'm starting to think that Broon signing Rae was a great piece of business. He's coming to the end of his career and he still has something to offer at this level, the fact he is a dandie at heart is a huge bonus.

Apparently it was Lord Scott who recommended Rae to Craig Brown as Lord Scott knew he'd be returning to Aberdeen at some point this season. :whistling:

For those looking for a comparison from our recent past, McGinn is VERY similar in style to Jamie Smith. He even looks a wee bit like him on the park.

Let's just hope he's not held together with bits of string, like Jamie was.

Smith was a better footballer with not too much pace.

McGinn is less of a footballer with a lot of pace.

Given the choice of the two, it would be Smith for me (if fit!)

McGinn has surprised me though. I didn't think he looked like much of a goalscorer on my first few looks at him, so fair play to him.

Long may his run continue.

• Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

McGinn has surprised me though. I didn't think he looked like much of a goalscorer on my first few looks at him, so fair play to him.

McGinn put in a decent shift yesterday especially in the second half.

Hopefully he will score a couple against Dundee on Saturday.

He wasn't ...his transformation into goal machine is down to the coaching methods of Lord Scott

• Upvote 1

I remember against Ross County thinking he didn't look like much of a goal scorer. However in recent games what you notice is a lot of his goals like against Motherwell, Killie and Portugal it is all about the timing of his runs and finding the space. We sorely lacked a player who could do that over the last couple of seasons at least.

For those looking for a comparison from our recent past, McGinn is VERY similar in style to Jamie Smith. He even looks a wee bit like him on the park.

Let's just hope he's not held together with bits of string, like Jamie was.

This is exactly what I've noticed the last few weeks. To me, they are very similar players and it's an absolute joy to have that quality of player back in the team. We've missed a Jamie Smith type and McGinn is performing that role very well at the moment.