Our Disgraceful Fans At Half And Full Time

Has anyone booed the pitch? Pretty sure the state of it is a heeeeeeeuge contributor to any player, including a national team, not able to play silky smooth pass the ball feet to feet without a fucking bobble football. Jeez. I always got a good laff at grown men behaving like angry 5 year olds in the playground at school.

The pitch is a joke, cant believe no one at pittodrie questions why we allow rugby and pointless internationals to be played on it in the depths of winter. Also some dumbass groundsman clearly left the undersoil heating on for about a year and a half. You could see the burn marks on the pitch from where the pipes are.

The pitch is a joke, cant believe no one at pittodrie questions why we allow rugby and pointless internationals to be played on it in the depths of winter. Also some dumbass groundsman clearly left the undersoil heating on for about a year and a half. You could see the burn marks on the pitch from where the pipes are.

It's obvious why we allowed Scotland's rugby & football teams to play at Pittodrie.

Stewart Milne will give you 150, 000 good reasons.

The stuff on show today wasn't great. But we dominated the game sand rarely looked in danger. Its the kind of game wed have lost in seasons past so its a point against an in form side. Given how little we tested them, I'll take it begrudgingly.

Which brings me to topic - why are large elements of our support so quick to boo?

Its deadly silent while we maintain possession and shift the ball around. But as soon as someone takes a bad touch, you hear the groans and the abuse start.

Pittodrie was a hellish place to be from the 70th minute onwards as fans who barely raised their voices to support the team suddenly start screaming for browns head.

Were not creating enough, I'll concede that. But to the guy in the main stand who, when he saw Fallon warming up shouted "sit eh fuck doon Fallon, yer fuckin shite". How will that help? Or at full time another screaming with all his might "brown you old cunt, fuck off, your finished, you stupid old cunt. Just fuck off" etc etc.

If that was you, let it be known youre a fucking disgrace. You've paid your money, I get that. Does that entitle you to scream obscenities and do your best to intimidate and scare the really young children that were there? These tiny kids that come every week and sit 2 rows in front of me looked petrified.

If your that unhappy, don't go back. But don't act all billy big bollox from the safety of the stand because I'll bet any money if you saw brown in the street you'd want a photo with him and tell him he's doing a good job.

Folk are talking about who well sign in the summer, you think any player will want to come here and play in that atmosphere? Even more so for the guys whose contracts are running out.

Or, just ignore me and continue seeking out the bad each week

Are you sure you were at the same game as me?

They fact since boxing day we have been rank. Players being played out of position. 1 up front at home and the fact hughes is still getting a game.

Also we have had 3 home wins all season with 13 goals and for the squad we have i've had enough and i booed them because its quite simply not good enough.

Its the same thing all season most teams come up to pittodrie for a draw and the get it.

The system isnt working and its not being changed

I noticed the pipe marks at the hibs game but everyone i have mentioned to thinks i'm talking shite.

Glad to know someone else thefe has noticed it

What does piss me off is fans booing at half time when the game is level. Fair enough if we have been getting pounded by a lower league side, but people boo when we are drawing 0-0 with an SPL side. How is that going to help?

Boos may let team and management know it has been unacceptable that we manage 1 shot in 45 minutes. Could always cheer them off the park and let them think that the kind of pish served up is ok or even good though.

I thought that too, but I think its where the visiting team are doing the sprints. At the Hibs game the sprint lines were closer to the corner flag, but against St Mirren yesterday the sprint lines were further up the left flank toward the half way line on the left flank.

Is that where you were looking??

It's obvious why we allowed Scotland's rugby & football teams to play at Pittodrie.

Stewart Milne will give you 150, 000 good reasons.

What you on about? The fee for hosting international matches is nowhere near £150,000.

Don't see how folk can blame the groundsman, it's been freezing more often than not so the undersoil heating is on constantly, it's wrecked the pitch but what can we do? I was reading that the climate combined iwth the undersoil heating has led to a lot of pitches getting a "disease" and the only solution is for the pitch to be ripped up and replaced.

Boos may let team and management know it has been unacceptable that we manage 1 shot in 45 minutes. Could always cheer them off the park and let them think that the kind of pish served up is ok or even good though.

It's become a habit now for Dons fans though. I've seen us dominate and play very well in the first half, but the fans STILL boo at half time. The first 45 on Sat were woeful and probably deserved the disgruntled boo'ing from the fans, but it happens in almost every home game where we are drawing 0-0 at half time!

It's become a habit now for Dons fans though. I've seen us dominate and play very well in the first half, but the fans STILL boo at half time. The first 45 on Sat were woeful and probably deserved the disgruntled boo'ing from the fans, but it happens in almost every home game where we are drawing 0-0 at half time!

Not really . It was the first time this season (as far as I'm aware) and I've been to all the home games. The other 0-0's, at least we played alright and brought the game to the opposition, in fact, at full time of our last home game before the St Mirren game, a 0-0 vs. Hibs, there was actually some applause at full time as we were by far the superior team and this was recognised.

However, if you're going to serve up eye bleedingly pish football such as Saturday, they deserve everything they get.

Also find it funny the OP called the fans disgraceful, they are the ones that turned up! Only 7000 of us. Do me a favour.

I usually don't even have the heart to boo after such poor performances, but many others let the team/manager know it's not good enough. Quite right.

Guest findlay_1903

I like to booooooo at the start of the second half when the opposition emerges from the tunnel. Never boo my own team though, can never do any good. If u want to booooo do it in the car on the way home. Just boooo away to yourself.

Not really . It was the first time this season (as far as I'm aware) and I've been to all the home games. The other 0-0's, at least we played alright and brought the game to the opposition, in fact, at full time of our last home game before the St Mirren game, a 0-0 vs. Hibs, there was actually some applause at full time as we were by far the superior team and this was recognised.

However, if you're going to serve up eye bleedingly pish football such as Saturday, they deserve everything they get.

Also find it funny the OP called the fans disgraceful, they are the ones that turned up! Only 7000 of us. Do me a favour.

I usually don't even have the heart to boo after such poor performances, but many others let the team/manager know it's not good enough. Quite right.

I've heard the Boo's in almost every home game where we've been 0-0. It may not be the majority, but it happens.

• Upvote 1

doesn't need to be one or the other, could always do what we used to do and try and encourage them. That would be met with evil stares at pittodrie nowadays though

• Upvote 1

What a pile of pish this thread is.

Given the budget and resources we have we should not be 7th in the league. This season has been a massive failure so far with no sign of it being reversed.

I couldn't agree more.

Although, I don't boo....I just didn't bother my arse going....and doubtful I will with that old goat in charge.

I just don't enjoy it anymore - had a much better day out in the pub most of the day with a few mates (4 of us were season ticket holders)

That says it all.

yes you are right it has but I don't think anyone is arguing against that

The amount of time and money spent following the Dons entitles you to express your dissatisfaction at the poor entertainment offered, within reason.

Milne may be a lot of things, but surely he is not daft enough to renew Craig Brown's contract?!

If he does, hey can expect more crowds of around 7,000.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Based on his first 2 and a bit years as manager there is not a hope in hell of Brown turning the team round in the next four months to a level where he deserves a new contract.

It is possible though as stranger things have happened. Obviously I want us to finish 2nd even if that means Brown stays on for another season. No frickin chance it is happening though. Not won a game in fuckin donkeys

The amount of time and money spent following the Dons entitles you to express your dissatisfaction at the poor entertainment offered, within reason.

Milne may be a lot of things, but surely he is not daft enough to renew Craig Brown's contract?!

If he does, hey can expect more crowds of around 7,000.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

they can express their disappointment at performance but I don't think that what the OP is getting at. The support at pittodrie is far too quick at jumping on a poor pass or mistake.

there were times when our support used to start singing to get the team going when we lost a goal, you wouldn't see that happening any more.

• Site Sponsor

The stuff on show today wasn't great. But we dominated the game sand rarely looked in danger. Its the kind of game wed have lost in seasons past so its a point against an in form side. Given how little we tested them, I'll take it begrudgingly.

Which brings me to topic - why are large elements of our support so quick to boo?

Its deadly silent while we maintain possession and shift the ball around. But as soon as someone takes a bad touch, you hear the groans and the abuse start.

Pittodrie was a hellish place to be from the 70th minute onwards as fans who barely raised their voices to support the team suddenly start screaming for browns head.

Were not creating enough, I'll concede that. But to the guy in the main stand who, when he saw Fallon warming up shouted "sit eh fuck doon Fallon, yer fuckin shite". How will that help? Or at full time another screaming with all his might "brown you old cunt, fuck off, your finished, you stupid old cunt. Just fuck off" etc etc.

If that was you, let it be known youre a fucking disgrace. You've paid your money, I get that. Does that entitle you to scream obscenities and do your best to intimidate and scare the really young children that were there? These tiny kids that come every week and sit 2 rows in front of me looked petrified.

If your that unhappy, don't go back. But don't act all billy big bollox from the safety of the stand because I'll bet any money if you saw brown in the street you'd want a photo with him and tell him he's doing a good job.

Folk are talking about who well sign in the summer, you think any player will want to come here and play in that atmosphere? Even more so for the guys whose contracts are running out.

Or, just ignore me and continue seeking out the bad each week

Look at the league table. Look where we exited both cups. Look at the players we have in the squad.

Now tell me, has the management team done the best it could this season?

My answer is an emphatic no.

Thanks for steadying the ship and for improving the quality of the squad Mr Brown, but you don't have it in you to take these players on. No disgrace in that, you just don''t have it.

Our support's been an embarrassment all season long. I could understand the boos if they also acknowledged in any way the good stuff. It just doesn't happen though. Sit in complete silence until someone mis-places a pass then it's YOU'RE FUCKING SHITE MIN McGINN YOU FENIAN CUNT! BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aberdeen fans are just dour faced bastards. It's embarrassing for me to go to Pittodrie these days as the experience is dreadful due to the shite football we play compounded by a shite fan base who offer nothing to the team in terms of support.

But yes, you pay your money so have at it.

• Upvote 2

The disgruntled- ness most probably stems from Broon missing out on...the bleeding obvious...it's clear for any cu*t to see that when he starts with those pair of hun "has been's" as his central defence pairing that the daft old bast is setting up for a 0-0 ...as the game progresses the fans become more and more frustrated by substitutions that beggar belief...the disgruntled-ness then erupts into vocal slating of the old cu*t which leads to booing...the AFC fans are no different than any other football fan...treat them like cu*ts and they will not be slow at letting you know.

Our support's been an embarrassment all season long. I could understand the boos if they also acknowledged in any way the good stuff. It just doesn't happen though. Sit in complete silence until someone mis-places a pass then it's YOU'RE FUCKING SHITE MIN McGINN YOU FENIAN CUNT! BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aberdeen fans are just dour faced bastards. It's embarrassing for me to go to Pittodrie these days as the experience is dreadful due to the shite football we play compounded by a shite fan base who offer nothing to the team in terms of support.

But yes, you pay your money so have at it.

I agree with some of what you say, but after so many dull, insipid, defensive, ponderous performances, where we only sometimes show urgency in the last 20 minutes is why people get pissed off.

It's an entertainment business apparently.

Do we often get entertained at Pittodrie?......that's a rhetorical question incidentally.

Craig Brown did his job to save us from relegation - we should thank him for that.

He was given a contract that was 1 year too long in my opinion.

Time for him to go and let a younger manager take over with a bit of aggression and fire in his belly, and who won't take any shite from the Glasgow press, the players, or the opposition, and gets the team to try and win games from the start.