Ross County V Aberdeen (1 - 0)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 2 games have shown little has changed with us. Still struggle to play against the poorer sides and simply resort to long ball game.

So frustrating, but not surprising.

It's this perennial inconsistency that annoys me... just when a few good results get our hopes up slightly, we struggle against a team of relegation candidates and now lose AGAIN to a bunch of teuchters (albeit well-marshalled ones) with a fraction of our resources. Insane!

It's this perennial inconsistency that annoys me... just when a few good results get our hopes up slightly, we struggle against a team of relegation candidates and now lose AGAIN to a bunch of teuchters (albeit well-marshalled ones) with a fraction of our resources. Insane!

The curse of the stealing sparkie... the cunt who wore a wig... four wigs actually... to pretend his hair was growing and he then had a hair cut...

wanker

In a recent interview McInnes made a remark about him being amazed at the way our supporters get carried away when we win two games in a row, and then act like its the end of the world when we lose two in a row. Maybe now he can understand why that is. Years of inconsistency and false dawns giving way to poor results would make any bunch of supporters exactly the same.

Welcome to Aberdeen, Derek, you have truly arrived now !!!!!!!!

In a recent interview McInnes made a remark about him being amazed at the way our supporters get carried away when we win two games in a row, and then act like its the end of the world when we lose two in a row. Maybe now he can understand why that is. Years of inconsistency and false dawns giving way to poor results would make any bunch of supporters exactly the same.

To be fair, we're not all like you.

You are the doom and gloom king but you never get carried away when we win because glee and enthusiasm ain't you.

It's like you revel in the d and g and shun the g and e.

To be fair, we're not all like you.

You are the doom and gloom king but you never get carried away when we win because glee and enthusiasm ain't you.

It's like you revel in the d and g and shun the g and e.

My analytical mind gives me a very objective viewpoint. Perhaps I just see things more clearly than many others. I look forward to being given more justification to be positive about the rest of the season.

We've had some brilliant performances this season, performances where we were FAR superior than the opposition and on our day would beat any team in the league bar maybe Celtic so fans are going to get carried away. Never saw that level of performance under Brown or McGhee so never got hopes up like I have for this side. It's just frustrating that we can't put in the good performances every week but one thing I'll say is that out of all the games I've seen this season, I couldn't accuse any player of not giving 100%. We're better this season than we have been for a good while and we're trying to play the right way so I'm happy with the season so far as long as we continue to get stronger, which I think we can do. The youngsters have so much potential and the manager's showing faith in them by giving them game time so they'll only get better as well. I think Jack's someone the youngsters can look up to as well. He's established himself in the first team, got his feet firmly on the ground and is just getting better and better and if he continues to do what he's been doing will go on to really good things, hopefully winning something with Aberdeen.

Really disappointing result.

A lot worse than Monday in my eyes.

What really gets me I'd the players spouting off in the papers saying they're in the form of their lives, but are nowhere near in backing it up.

We were shocking from start to finish.

No worthy attempts on goal the whole 90 mins.

Really, really poor stat that. The keeper never had to work at all.

The fans have again followed in numbers and again been monumentally been let down.

Really, really disappointed.

Fucking shite.

Anyway, hopefully stopping in Elgin for a swally, so that'll soften the blow.....

We've had some brilliant performances this season, performances where we were FAR superior than the opposition and on our day would beat any team in the league bar maybe Celtic so fans are going to get carried away. Never saw that level of performance under Brown or McGhee so never got hopes up like I have for this side. It's just frustrating that we can't put in the good performances every week but one thing I'll say is that out of all the games I've seen this season, I couldn't accuse any player of not giving 100%. We're better this season than we have been for a good while and we're trying to play the right way so I'm happy with the season so far as long as we continue to get stronger, which I think we can do. The youngsters have so much potential and the manager's showing faith in them by giving them game time so they'll only get better as well. I think Jack's someone the youngsters can look up to as well. He's established himself in the first team, got his feet firmly on the ground and is just getting better and better and if he continues to do what he's been doing will go on to really good things, hopefully winning something with Aberdeen.

I agree with a great deal of what you say. I know we can't be brilliant every week but how do you explain the sudden dips in performance. It's highly unlikely that we can ever challenge Celtic for the league, but it would be fantastic to get to a level of consistency that would almost guarantee a top three place. Maybe the SPFL just has too many really good teams in it.

Really disappointing result.A lot worse than Monday in my eyes.What really gets me I'd the players spouting off in the papers saying they're in the form of their lives, but are nowhere near in backing it up.We were shocking from start to finish.No worthy attempts on goal the whole 90 mins.Really, really poor stat that. The keeper never had to work at all.The fans have again followed in numbers and again been monumentally been let down.Really, really disappointed.Fucking shite.Anyway, hopefully stopping in Elgin for a swally, so that'll soften the blow.....

Doubtful. I managed to hijack a bus to Portsoy. Currently getting more bladdered in Nairn. Whoop whoop.

Fortunately I didn't catch the game, though I'm getting the impression that the concensus is that, technically speaking, the arse may have fallen out.

On the plus side, my prediction for this season was a 7th place finish (9th in reality), and we're already 3 points and 3 places better off than I expected, so if we can maintain this level of mediocrity I'll actually be pretty happy.

But why get excited after winning a couple of games?! The same squad that struggled to beat a team of part timers beats a team of kids and suddenly we are awesome. Yes, we played well against Falkirk but it was only one game. We have been horrible for years, yet people seem to think that mcinnes will have the whole club/squad etc revamped in a few months with one transfer window and a few games.

It will take time.

But why get excited after winning a couple of games?! The same squad that struggled to beat a team of part timers beats a team of kids and suddenly we are awesome. Yes, we played well against Falkirk but it was only one game. We have been horrible for years, yet people seem to think that mcinnes will have the whole club/squad etc revamped in a few months with one transfer window and a few games.

It will take time.

I'm not so sure it necessarily takes long to turn a team around, though. Not in Scotland.

Calderwood took over a club that was haunted with the prospect of relegation, and by the end of his first season he had us within one goal of European football.

What it requires is either a good manager or an open chequebook.

Calderwood had an open chequebook.

McInnes doesn't have that luxury, so he needs to be a good manager.

His recent managerial sacking suggests he's not really any kind of managerial soccerball genius either.

I'm not so sure it necessarily takes long to turn a team around, though. Not in Scotland.

Calderwood took over a club that was haunted with the prospect of relegation, and by the end of his first season he had us within one goal of European football.

What it requires is either a good manager or an open chequebook.

Calderwood had an open chequebook.

McInnes doesn't have that luxury, so he needs to be a good manager.

His recent managerial sacking suggests he's not really any kind of managerial soccerball genius either.

Kelt, he was on a hiding to nothing at Bristol. He took over when they were seemingly dead and buried, but kept them up. Only when he had to slash his budget for the following season did it go south (and even then, sacking him did no good, as they were relegated in double quick time).

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has the makings of a good side, but one more transfer window is needed, imo. That and the maturing of some of the promising lads, will give him a straight run at it (i.e. until the end of the season). Only then will I judge him.