Funso Ojo

We now have Mcgeouch and Campbell stacking up behind Yesterday’s 3 starters potentially McGinn as well if we can get 2 of Kennedy, Hayes, Hedges and McLennan to fill the wing spots.

Surely a blind man with a plucky stringed instrument and a cows hind quarters to aim at could make a 1 DM 2 AM triangle out of that.  At least one good enough for fucking St Johnston.

21 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

We now have Mcgeouch and Campbell stacking up behind Yesterday’s 3 starters potentially McGinn as well if we can get 2 of Kennedy, Hayes, Hedges and McLennan to fill the wing spots.

Surely a blind man with a plucky stringed instrument and a cows hind quarters to aim at could make a 1 DM 2 AM triangle out of that.  At least one good enough for fucking St Johnston.

Mcinnes will stick with Ojo, Fergie and Bryson. I predict 2 changes and that will be Mcginn and the Leeds dude for Considine and Anderson

51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

To be fair, he looked the part

I am afraid that Anderson being a midget who appears to be unable to do anything other than finish,  will be his undoing 

Anderson needs to play up top alongside another striker. Whilst it would have been a smack in the face for him if Edmondson played ahead of him against the huns, it was never going to be a game where he would perform well. Starved of service and not physical enough to combat Goldson or Balogun.

He'll be dropped for Edmondson next week as Mcinnes won't change formation.

In the absence of any balls into the space similar to their goal then you’re wasting your time with an Anderson or McLennan up top, especially on their own.  Reminded me of Goodwillie.  It was the lack of penetration in the flanks that worried me more.  As somebody said, the first time we got at the right Side was when Hedges came on.  I can only think of one byline cross from Hayes and that was over hit.

4 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

In the absence of any balls into the space similar to their goal then you’re wasting your time with an Anderson or McLennan up top, especially on their own.  Reminded me of Goodwillie.  It was the lack of penetration in the flanks that worried me more.  As somebody said, the first time we got at the right Side was when Hedges came on.  I can only think of one byline cross from Hayes and that was over hit.

Thats what annoys me most about Mcinnes he insists on playing a big cart horse up front but very rarely does the said cart horse get decent delivery in from wide areas. the only deliveries they get from wide are generally from set pieces, you would think a big cart horse would thrive off good wide balls from Hayes, Mcginn and Kennedy but they very rarely come they have to feed off set pieces and high balls up the middle with there backs to goal

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Thats what annoys me most about Mcinnes he insists on playing a big cart horse up front but very rarely does the said cart horse get decent delivery in from wide areas. the only deliveries they get from wide are generally from set pieces, you would think a big cart horse would thrive off good wide balls from Hayes, Mcginn and Kennedy but they very rarely come they have to feed off set pieces and high balls up the middle with there backs to goal

I screamed and swore after that pathetic free-kick by the tunnel yesterday.

Think it was McGinn that couldn't beat the first man.

13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It was Mcginn. Free kick in a great position and it didn't beat the first man. The hun cunts then brokeand nearly mustered up a decent chance from it. Infuriating. 

I like mcginn but he is terrible for that. 

Think that might have been the Big Ash goal stopping post crunching moment just after.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

There's too big a gap between our midfield and our front three making us really easy to mark against. Wingers are asked to hug the touchline making it easy for the opposing full backs.  Then there's 2 centre backs against one striker. 

We're crying out for a 4th attacking player like when Christie played that role and McGinn just before the season got cut short.  But now Bryson is fit we've reverted to type again. 

It's criminal playing with only 3 attacking players with our squad.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, daytripping said:

He's made a great living out of football, has one of those big 4 by 4 Porsches, you don't get that by being crap, thought 2nd half he started to settle. There's a player there. No one should be judged on the first half, whole team had a mare.

Yes, because footballers are only as good as their cars. ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, super_al said:

Ojo showed glimpses of being a very good player. Like so many others he is clearly is not match fit and way off the pace. 

How does that excuse him not being able to control the ball or pass to a team mate from the 1st minute?  That's not a fitness problem,  that's just being a bit shite at football. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

How does that excuse him not being able to control the ball or pass to a team mate from the 1st minute?  That's not a fitness problem,  that's just being a bit shite at football. 

It’s really hard to see past this. IMHO the way we set up doesn’t do a lot of players any favours, but what i saw on Saturday was a professional footballer unable to perform some very basic Functions of his trade. 

2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I am not excusing him, he has been dreadful in the last two games. However he was coming on a game a few times last season before he was injured and COVID struck which gives some leniency in my opinion.

He's fucking useless.

Utterly dire.

Can't control the ball, and if by some aberration of science, he does manage to control it, he instantly gives it away.

If I happen to see the cunt walking down the street, at the same time as I am carring a mash or baal peen hammer, I will destroy his knees to make sure that none of us have to witness his feeble on field ineptitude ever again.

Ok, unlikely scenario, as I'm not in Aberdeen, but would hope that some of you cunts that were, would do the same, or similar, to get that fucking imposter out of our club.

Prick.

12 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The problem with Ojo and our other midfielders is that they are too safe and risk averse.

None of them are prepared to play a risky pass to get someone to run onto it. It always sideways and backwards. You could argue that the players ahead often aren't making runs, but it's the same for all the midfield. 

spot on . What i've been thinking too . Numerous times they play decent fitba and when the ball is on they do the safety thing first and play it back , frustrates the fuck out of me . That needs to be coached out 

17 hours ago, super_al said:

Ojo showed glimpses of being a very good player. Like so many others he is clearly is not match fit and way off the pace. However he is a good player and when fit can be an asset.

Donkeyet mair like.

Only glimpse I saw of him being a good player was the glimpse just after him miscontrolling the ball, and just before him misplacing a 7-yard pass.