alscotoz

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Fuck it

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#62 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

We were one Mclean tap-in away from Deilas first season equaling Rodgers first season, only with much less money.

Nonsense re 'tap in' .

#63 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

Nonsense re 'tap in' .

Pretty sure you know what I meant.

#64 ONLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Hope you're right.

If he isn't fishing, it's beyond sellik levels of paranoia
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#65 OFFLINE   Dandie1992

Dandie1992

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Joined 19-December 07

Posted Today, 01:29 AM

Bridging the gap for us on Celtic is immensely more difficult due to the Scottish coefficient. We lack the 8 points required to allow us to have entered into the champions league qualifying stages. (this equates to in the last four years, celtic and one EL team getting one stage further in every year of the last 4, or all three EL teams or a big run from one every year etc.)

The bridge lies in the play off round of the champions league.

And frankly, not just for us, but it is a bridge for many a European team to get to the next level.

Where, to give some perspective, is where Rijeka and Maribor will probably reach this coming week. I truly believe we could have reached the champions league play off stage in the last four years. Even once, would have been more lucrative than all of our DMC European campaigns to this point combined even if we had reached the group stage once (see below), this I believe is a harder prospect than reaching CL Playoff round would have been for us.

Under DMC we have amassed roughly €2.7m in UEFA participation. Now the same three rounds we've played four times, then beaten in EL QF R4 as we drop down, had it been in the champions league would only have netted us ~€400k more a season in participation money.

However, had we once reached the playoff round of the champions league, here's how it would work out, €540k for the first three qualifying stages, THEN €3 million for getting beat in the playoff round (compare this to the €2.6million for reaching the EL group stages and our current €2.7 million) .... THEN add the €2.6 million group stage fee and media fee as we automatically reach EL groups by being in CL PO round.

That's €6million+ in fees alone. In one year... There is your bridge.

But we're 25th in the country coefficent standing not 15th, and I'm bored and it's too hot to sleep so I figured this out, and fuck the SFA.

Anyway....

#66 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

Great post. Unfortunately as the points are mainly awarded through participation in the champions league groups onwards we need Celtic to qualify for the groups every year until the second qualifying spot is achieved.

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users