AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Please log in to reply
7122 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

Even if he is right in that post, No one will read it
His rambling and saying the same thing over and over again means people switch off
It is so, so boring
Manic too

Ironictime.

Maybe Moronictime.

Buzby Morset

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 20 February 2019 - 07:42 PM.

Ding Dong

#62 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Basically you are just making a bigger cunt of yourself with every post on this every subject

#63 OFFLINE   Donscanada

Donscanada

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 27-December 18

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

You'd be wrong if you thought we hadn't explored the potential signings of Turnbull and Hastie. Unfortunately they are probably out of our price range, they have made more first team appearances than Ferguson whether thats been at Motherwell or on loan and are very much first team regulars. The compensation demand would be much higher than Ferguson for these players. You'd be looking at 350k to 500k for these guys each.

Silly question. Forgive me, if it has been asked before. I am still new to the forum.  I am assuming that young academy prospects out of contract would not require a transfer fee but a development fee.  Can anyone shed light on when a development fee is required. Found it messy how we signed Ferguson but Hamilton could ask for a significant amount after we signed him.   I am guessing that is the risk if you cannot come to an agreement before arbitration it can be expensive. 

Still think the strategy of raiding bottom six clubs and championship clubs for young talent is where we should be heading. Build a strategy of developing/acquiring young talent and reselling for large transfer fees down the road. Just look at Hearts and Hibs precontract rumours for Halkett, who could be a nice piece of business down the road. While Rangers and Celtic tend to be fixated on ready made talents or only the most promising starlets.

#64 OFFLINE   slippers

slippers

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Joined 19-June 07

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Silly question. Forgive me, if it has been asked before. I am still new to the forum. I am assuming that young academy prospects out of contract would not require a transfer fee but a development fee. Can anyone shed light on when a development fee is required. Found it messy how we signed Ferguson but Hamilton could ask for a significant amount after we signed him. I am guessing that is the risk if you cannot come to an agreement before arbitration it can be expensive.

Still think the strategy of raiding bottom six clubs and championship clubs for young talent is where we should be heading. Build a strategy of developing/acquiring young talent and reselling for large transfer fees down the road. Just look at Hearts and Hibs precontract rumours for Halkett, who could be a nice piece of business down the road. While Rangers and Celtic tend to be fixated on ready made talents or only the most promising starlets.

there is a rough formula to work out roughly how much money the club should have to spend on development fee. That’s why aberdeen we’re happy to get the deal done as they knew the fee would be knowhere near the money Hamilton demanded!

#65 OFFLINE   KidCreole

KidCreole

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • Joined 03-September 15

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Can Reynolds be recalled or does that have to be agreed in the deal 

#66 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Hopefully not.

Leave him away

LHA

Ding Dong

#67 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:53 AM

Nah mcinnes confirmed yesterday he can't be

#68 OFFLINE   milne_afc

milne_afc

Convicted paedophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:59 AM

Tricky concept to get your head around, this new transfer window that's been in operation for a couple of decades.
<p>

#69 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 19,847 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

Tricky concept to get your head around, this new transfer window that's been in operation for a couple of decades.

Aye, a truely complicated thing to get your head around how the loan system works...

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#70 OFFLINE   sooth_stander

sooth_stander

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

Just look at Hearts and Hibs precontract rumours for Halkett, who could be a nice piece of business down the road. While Rangers and Celtic tend to be fixated on ready made talents or only the most promising starlets.

Didn't realise Halkett was out of contract.

Worryingly, McInnes says he would take Hoban back after his Watford contract expires, even though he's out till Oct/Nov.

#71 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 16,066 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

:hysterical:  :hysterical:

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

#72 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

Worryingly, McInnes says he would take Hoban back after his Watford contract expires, even though he's out till Oct/Nov.

We should be making a move for Halkett. Hoban is probably a better defender but unfortunately he's made of glass. Doubt we'll see him return even if he runs his contract down with Watford.

#73 OFFLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • 21,124 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

We should be making a move for Halkett. Hoban is probably a better defender but unfortunately he's made of glass. Doubt we'll see him return even if he runs his contract down with Watford.

I’d reckon there is more chance of his contract running him down.

#74 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

What's worrying you about that?

#75 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

What's worrying you about that?

Because he would be running around on a zimmer.

#76 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 34,309 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Because he would be running around on a zimmer.

Very coherent!

#77 OFFLINE   KidCreole

KidCreole

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • Joined 03-September 15

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Nah mcinnes confirmed yesterday he can't be

Right back needs addressing its not like Marks young enough to develop into a better player, my guess is that he is being advertised for sale wile easing up the wage bill in which case it makes sense providing we have a youth player good enough to come up or a replacement lined up. 

#78 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 19,847 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

Right back needs addressing its not like Marks young enough to develop into a better player, my guess is that he is being advertised for sale wile easing up the wage bill in which case it makes sense providing we have a youth player good enough to come up or a replacement lined up.

Reynolds isn't a right back.

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#79 OFFLINE   KidCreole

KidCreole

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • Joined 03-September 15

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

centre sorry 

#80 OFFLINE   Donscanada

Donscanada

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 27-December 18

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

Do you think Aberdeen should look further than the British Isles for talent similar to what other SPFL clubs are doing.  I know our bread and butter has been acquiring standout players from the bottom 6 clubs and the lower levels down south.  With the Capital clubs starting to get back to more level budgets with us and the inflated prices down south should we consider foreign players. You have even seen the Old Firms dip into the US pool for players of late. Personally I would like us to focus on young Scottish talent ie proven out of contract with or without development compensation to find the next Ferguson or Devlin etc.  However, not sure the infrastructure is even there in terms of scouting, but I will throw this one to the forum regardless.

#81 OFFLINE   starryfish

starryfish

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Do you think Aberdeen should look further than the British Isles for talent similar to what other SPFL clubs are doing.  I know our bread and butter has been acquiring standout players from the bottom 6 clubs and the lower levels down south.  With the Capital clubs starting to get back to more level budgets with us and the inflated prices down south should we consider foreign players. You have even seen the Old Firms dip into the US pool for players of late. Personally I would like us to focus on young Scottish talent ie proven out of contract with or without development compensation to find the next Ferguson or Devlin etc.  However, not sure the infrastructure is even there in terms of scouting, but I will throw this one to the forum regardless.

Think it's incumbent on the management to source the best players within budget -  ideally they would be Scottish but it doesn't concern me where they are from.

#82 OFFLINE   Donscanada

Donscanada

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 27-December 18

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

I think the Mckenna sale will have the most significant impact on our summer transfers even more than the out of contract players.

I believe youth will be served for out of contracts: Campbell for Shinnie, McLennan for GMS possibly Wright for Stewart (if he does not take us up on our 3 year offer). With Consi and Ball (on loan) appearing to be open to resigning.  

McKenna replacement - assuming Shaughnessy if his precontract ever gets over the line.  Management has said some of the funds would be allocated over time to the first team but recently the Chairman has been mentioning player sales to fund the new stadium.  Assuming some of the Mckenna money would go to extending Joe Lewis contract but maybe they allocate enough for Max Lowe on a permanent deal or a loan fee for another year from Derby. I think the Gaffer has fallen in love with an attacking full back for a change.  If I remember the Hayes sale allowed us to acquire GMS and do a few contract extensions plus Christie loan extension. 

No Tansey or Forrester financial albatross next year.  A young club with an average age in early 20s with many young pieces locked down and assuming Cosgrove scoring is not a one year wonder should form a good nucleus. 

#83 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • 12,824 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

What is going on with Shaughnessy?  Looked like it was done deal a few weeks ago.

#84 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,741 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

What is going on with Shaughnessy? Looked like it was done deal a few weeks ago.

I’ll ask him on your behalf next time he’s in the Westhill Tesco.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#85 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • 12,824 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

I’ll ask him on your behalf next time he’s in the Westhill Tesco.

He shops in Costco.  Big fan of the pizza.

#86 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,741 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

He shops in Costco. Big fan of the pizza.

Buzzing for the pre-match pizza and random samples when we move to Kingsford ❤️❤️❤️

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#87 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 28,836 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:48 AM

I think the Mckenna sale will have the most significant impact on our summer transfers even more than the out of contract players.

I believe youth will be served for out of contracts: Campbell for Shinnie, McLennan for GMS possibly Wright for Stewart (if he does not take us up on our 3 year offer). With Consi and Ball (on loan) appearing to be open to resigning.  

McKenna replacement - assuming Shaughnessy if his precontract ever gets over the line.  Management has said some of the funds would be allocated over time to the first team but recently the Chairman has been mentioning player sales to fund the new stadium.  Assuming some of the Mckenna money would go to extending Joe Lewis contract but maybe they allocate enough for Max Lowe on a permanent deal or a loan fee for another year from Derby. I think the Gaffer has fallen in love with an attacking full back for a change.  If I remember the Hayes sale allowed us to acquire GMS and do a few contract extensions plus Christie loan extension. 

No Tansey or Forrester financial albatross next year.  A young club with an average age in early 20s with many young pieces locked down and assuming Cosgrove scoring is not a one year wonder should form a good nucleus. 

I think we will take any decent cash offer we get for Cosgrove.

His rapid rise has alerted a few clubs down south & he certainly has the size & strength to suit the championship clubs

We could end up getting decent fee for him.

Ding Dong

#88 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 18,298 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:27 PM

I think we will take any decent cash offer we get for Cosgrove.

His rapid rise has alerted a few clubs down south & he certainly has the size & strength to suit the championship clubs

We could end up getting decent fee for him.

Of our marketable assets (Ferguson, Lewis, Cosgrove and McKenna) it probably would be Cosgrove who attracts the most interest in the next couple months*.

Based on me guessing we'd be thinking £2m for Cosgrove against the stated £10m requested for McKenna.

Craig Bryson & Paul Coutts = the dream team

#89 OFFLINE   Ten Caat

Ten Caat

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Joined 05-December 17

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

Still don't think Championship clubs would be viewing Cosgrove as a viable option at this moment. He's had a stellar 3 months but an undeniably shite 3 years prior to it. Should he continue his scoring run until season's end, maybe bagging 22-24 goals in total then a Rotherham or similar might just take notice but can see any team offering more than £1million even assuming he does keep banging them in.

#90 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,863 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

Imagine the response of someone if you told them 6 months ago that Sam Cosgrove will score ~16 goals and people talking about him being worth a few mill. You'd be carted away in a straight jacket. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users