Nfl

RAZOR

Was just about to ask if any of you had done a fantasy team? Been roped in to it by the nerds at work. Ken the sport but not watched it for about 5 years.

It's good. Far better than the epl fantasy football rubbish. If you've got something at stake on it then it can get quite competitive. Adds a different element to watching the games.

Hard to look past the Patriots given that they have improved their roster without losing any key components. You are probably looking at the Steelers (if they can keep Bell fit) and the Raiders as the key AFC rivals.

NFC side is wide open really. Falcons will have had a hard break, will be interesting to see if they can keep up their form from last year, or if the wind has been knocked out of them with the manner of the Superbowl defeat and Shanahan leaving. If Eli can get going with his passing options, you have to fancy the Giants to be strong this year. Tampa Bay have some good options as well, but don't think Winston is good enough yet to take them the whole way. Still got Cowboys (can see Dak struggling a bit more this year), Packers (Rodgers is the boy but don't think they have added enough this off-season) and Seahawks (seems to be in-fighting there).

Going to go for a Raiders in the AFC (Lynch running it in with 20 seconds remaining against the Patriots in the Championship game) v Giants Superbowl, Raiders coming out on top

I think Eli is done. His arm looked shot last season and he was completely incapable of throwing the deep-ball. While OBJ is an absolute superstar, there's only so many times you can get him on a 15 yard slant route and have him beat 5 defenders after the catch!

I'm off to NYG vs Cowboys at the Meadowlands in December and am so excited already. Cannot wait for it! I'm a Cowboys fans and, while i think we'll have a more difficult regular season than last, still think it'll be an 10/11 win season and another division title.

Agree with Foster re the AFC, Pats, Steelers and Raiders look the strongest. Although i don't think the Chargers can compete with those 3, i do expect them to surprise a few folks with a relatively strong season.

In the NFC, i'm looking at Seattle & Green Bay as favourites. With Dallas, Atlanta and Carolina (I expect Cam to bounce back this year now he's healthy and been given some new toys) in the next level. With possibly Arizona and Tampa Bay battling for that final Play-off spot.

Looking forward to the fun beginning all over again!

It's hard to see past the Patriots for me too. Brady last season was looking as fresh as he was ten years ago and as mentioned, they've only strengthened their roster during the off-season. Getting Gronk back to full fitness will be huge for them too.

I'd imagine the play-offs will be filled with the usual names. Whilst I personally don't think they'll go the whole way, I fancy Tampa Bay to do well this season and be the underdog going into the play-offs.

Superbowl LII: Patriots v Packers

Have any of you been to a game at the Metlife stadium in NY? I'm going to be over in a few weeks for a preseason game Jets v Eagles and resale tickets seem to be going fairly cheap. I was going to get tickets at the Eagles side (Eagles fan as have family in Philly) - but can get seats in sections 111C or 115C for under $50 which have access to the "Toyota coaches club" and an on field patio which sounds pretty cool . Just wondering if anyone has any experience/idea if these seats are worth paying a little extra for?

Cheers

When I was at East Rutherford it was the old Giants stadium and it was for "soccer", so can't confirm.

At the United Arena (Chicago Bulls) and FedEx Field (Washington Redskins), we got tickets at Club Level, which basically meant we had access to concourse areas that were restricted (more choice of food/drink/merchandise with smaller queues) and you got seat service for drinks. Not sure if this is the same, but was definitely novel and if you can get that for $50, I'd pay it.

When I was at East Rutherford it was the old Giants stadium and it was for "soccer", so can't confirm.

At the United Arena (Chicago Bulls) and FedEx Field (Washington Redskins), we got tickets at Club Level, which basically meant we had access to concourse areas that were restricted (more choice of food/drink/merchandise with smaller queues) and you got seat service for drinks. Not sure if this is the same, but was definitely novel and if you can get that for $50, I'd pay it.

Cheers, yeah I have been reading online and it seems to be the place to sit and is normally a few hundred dollars so think $50 will do me nicely.

Cheers, yeah I have been reading online and it seems to be the place to sit and is normally a few hundred dollars so think $50 will do me nicely.

We paid a fair bit for the Redskins one, but got the Bulls one cheap, as like your game, it was pre-season. The season tickets over there include all games, so plenty folk happy to get rid of theirs for reasonably cheap when the demand isn't so high.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. 3 spots to fill to reach the 8 teams required.

Ok folks. Getting a bit of an earlier start on the NFL fantasy league than previous years so people don't miss out.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=4905091
League ID: 4905091
League Password: aberdeen1903

Currently this is set as an 8 team league but this can increase to 10, 12, 14 if there is interest.

The league follows the standard NFL scoring (4pt passing TD, 6pt rushing/receiving TD etc...) All details are on the settings tab of the league page http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/4905091/settings

The main change to the standard format is that each team is required to start 2 quarterbacks each week. If we reach 12+ teams this will be reduced to 1 starting quarterback each week.

Draft date and time is TBC but currently set at 8pm on Sunday 3rd September (NFL kickoff is Thursday Night (1am) on September 7th).

Once we get nearer to the time we can establish a draft date/time to hopefully suit everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Still one spot available. Draft is currently scheduled for Sunday evening but that can move into the next week if required.

Ok folks. Getting a bit of an earlier start on the NFL fantasy league than previous years so people don't miss out.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=4905091

Currently this is set as an 8 team league but this can increase to 10, 12, 14 if there is interest.

The league follows the standard NFL scoring (4pt passing TD, 6pt rushing/receiving TD etc...) All details are on the settings tab of the league page http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/4905091/settings

The main change to the standard format is that each team is required to start 2 quarterbacks each week. If we reach 12+ teams this will be reduced to 1 starting quarterback each week.

Draft date and time is TBC but currently set at 8pm on Sunday 3rd September (NFL kickoff is Thursday Night (1am) on September 7th).

Once we get nearer to the time we can establish a draft date/time to hopefully suit everybody.

Still need the final spot filled before we can draft. Fancy it @@looksgoodinred ?

Looking forward to this. Will make a point of trying to do the live draft too, rather than letting it autodraft from my rankings. I've never done a fantasy team or draft before, so a few queries:

- How many rounds are there?

- Can injured players be replaced from the "free agents" who've not been drafted by anyone?

Draft rounds = squad places. 18 by the looks of it, with the two QB setup.

Once the initial draft is done, you can drop players for free agents (or waived players, players dropped by other teams within the week before). Free agents are first come first serve, waived players have a time limit and it goes to the waive priority.

You can also trade with others. Don't think there were many trades done in the AFC Chat league when it ran 2 years back though.

Most of the details are here about the rules set up for this league:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/4905091/settings