"2 Up Top"

Is there anything, anywhere to prove that playing 2 strikers up front leads to more goals? I hear it all the time and it's even made it's way onto the FIFA commentary. "Good to see them going with two strikers in the attacking areas". I can't help but think that managers would have cottoned on to this and started playing a 4-4-2 if it meant them scoring more goals.

• Downvote 3

Fitba formations are like fashions.

Barca found a winning formula in 4-2-3-1, everyone copied it.

Before that it was 3-4-3, before that it was 4-4-2 and long before that it was 2-4-4.

I doubt there's info that shows that one formation scores more than others or lets in less. Its more a case of what type of football is in fashion. 4-4-2 gives you the rushing, wide attack fitba with balls flying into the box and big strikers smashing it in. 4-2-3-1 is meant to give us a more intricate passing game with possession which is the 'way the game is meant to be played'... for now anyway.

• Downvote 3

Is there anything, anywhere to prove that playing 2 strikers up front leads to more goals? I hear it all the time and it's even made it's way onto the FIFA commentary. "Good to see them going with two strikers in the attacking areas". I can't help but think that managers would have cottoned on to this and started playing a 4-4-2 if it meant them scoring more goals.

It depends if you have Suarez and Sturridge or Mackie and D'Jaffo.

• Downvote 3

Before that it was 3-4-3, before that it was 4-4-2 and long before that it was 2-4-4.

I doubt there's info that shows that one formation scores more than others or lets in less. Its more a case of what type of football is in fashion. 4-4-2 gives you the rushing, wide attack fitba with balls flying into the box and big strikers smashing it in. 4-2-3-1 is meant to give us a more intricate passing game with possession which is the 'way the game is meant to be played'... for now anyway.

You forgot this one.2-8

(Leighton)

2 (Miller McLeish)

8 (can do what the fuck you like it won't matter anyway).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Pretty sure that was started in the world cup in Germany? Barca have always been 4-3-3, I think.

3-5-2 looks to be the cool formation just now.

• Downvote 1