Aberdeen V Villarreal Match Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN

It's amazing how people complain about the sh*te league we play in, lack of quality etc and when the club actually get a decent team to come to Pittodrie they don't want to go. I'm not even bothered what the game's for, i'm going because it's Villareal we're playing.

Exactly, and the prices are decent too, I "treated" myself to a seat in the main stand at

If I were in Scotland I'd still be OUT.

Couldn't bring myself to attend this game. Nothing against Mackie, I'm sure he's a cracking lad and everything, however, for me, this game represents a "celebration" of the mediocrity which has plagued AFC for the best part of the last 10 years.

If I attended this game, I'd feel like I was condoning it. The fact that Mackie has played for Aberdeen for the last 10 years, says everything about the last 10 years.

Interesting to compare the attendance of this game to Anderson's game.

Disgust me if Mackie get's more, not meaning this in a bad way against Mackie, just that Anderson deserves so much more than Mackie over all.

Wonder if Mackie will give up his testimonial cash like Ando did?

Anderson didn't give up his testimonial cash did he? Not 100% sure on that but i know he gave up his signing-on fee with Sunderland.

Anderson didn't give up his testimonial cash did he? Not 100% sure on that but i know he gave up his signing-on fee with Sunderland.

Maybe that was it aye, knew he gave one of his lumps to our youth development (since that's where he came from) but seen as no team is going to give any kind of signing on fee to Mackie, then maybe he should finally give something back :dontknow:

Yes he's given us some great important goals, well in truth two really 'important' goals. One being the obvious one at Dnipro & the other the one that put the tic out of the Scottish cup at the piggery after they had snuck a last min replay & thought they basically put us out then.

Yes he's scored others & all are important but as a whole only the deluded would say he's been a worthwhile striker to have had on our books for so long.

Hope he has a great night, he deserves it for the stick he's taken (some deserved & some not so much) & I hope he has a great season this season & beats his 14? goals record for the season but in all honesty I cannot wait for the time he either hangs up his boots, or moves on. He'd certainly be 'good to have around the place' AFTER he's finished playing for us, for nothing else but for his enthusiasm & commitment to rub off on the youth players coming through in the future that we are going to be so dependent on.

Hope he scores in his testimonial also & not just a free token goal but a screamer.

What a bunch of greetin faced b*stards! AFC put on a show with a champions league side for it's fans and a loyal servant and you lot still bawl. I hope there is a good turn out so we can continue to attract big sides in future. I also hope that the players and anyone at AFC that browse here realise that the 20 or 30 idiots that post regular negative tosh on here are the minority.

All the best Darren and thanks AFC for bringing a top side through for us to watch.

What a bunch of greetin faced b*stards! AFC put on a show with a champions league side for it's fans and a loyal servant and you lot still bawl. I hope there is a good turn out so we can continue to attract big sides in future. I also hope that the players and anyone at AFC that browse here realise that the 20 or 30 idiots that post regular negative tosh on here are the minority.

All the best Darren and thanks AFC for bringing a top side through for us to watch.

:applause::applause::bounce::bounce::scarf::scarf::applause::applause:

Yawn. :rolleyes:

Everyone must :applause:

Get over it. Some of us aren't quite so happy about all AFC related things as we used to be & some of us certainly will not waste time & money traveling long distances regularly anymore for less than average product.

Yawn. :rolleyes:

Everyone must :applause:

Get over it. Some of us aren't quite so happy about all AFC related things as we used to be & some of us certainly will not waste time & money traveling long distances regularly anymore for less than average product.

I'm not exactly delighted overall but how people complain about what is a positive move is beyond me.

If you want to go then go and support your team, if not, no one wants to read the negative sh*te. It does absolutely no good and makes us all look bad.