Question And Answer Session In Ellon

i think one of the great thinks about afc is its stadum and especially its location.

its central(ish) and right next to one of the best areas of aberdeen city.

not many other teams have stadiums in such cool locations.

but the move to cove, i can see it now.

an ikea stadium witha couple of chain pubs, fast food outlet and branch of boots.

real shame.

i'm not an architect but am a bit surprised that a large chunk of pittodrie can not be refurbed.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the club didn't consult fans because they knew they'd be against the plans? Wow, what a frank admission

I'm happy with their honesty this time. Although I don't think its the right decision to go there from a fans perspective it is probably the best one from a financial point of view.

Thinks its blatantly obvious why the board have picked that area, they are moist at the fact that this ground will be the first thing you see on the "gateway" to aberdeen.

Lets not let facts like its outwith walking distance for 99.1% of the fans and will take most match going fans two buses to get there or the fact that its miles away from the nearest train station, at least it will look bonny and thats whats really important.

Lets be honest, they have seen what bayern munichs stadium is like and said to themselves thats what we want.

Biggest mistake the club will make moving the stadium to that site. But at least it will be nice and handy for the thousands of aberdeen fans coming from..................Cove.

the first three paragraphs area load of waffle but regarding the last point. I'd be interested to find out if any other club moved ground to an area miles from where they were and what kind of affect it had on them.

personally as things stand it would be a nightmare for people up this way to get to and as has been know for some time, most of the dons fans come from the north of the city. if however the bypass was put in place (aye right) it could make a difference.

my worry would be the clubs statement regarding first buses, if thats who they are going to rely on then its a dead duck

I'm happy with their honesty this time. Although I don't think its the right decision to go there from a fans perspective it is probably the best one from a financial point of view.

the first three paragraphs area load of waffle but regarding the last point. I'd be interested to find out if any other club moved ground to an area miles from where they were and what kind of affect it had on them.

personally as things stand it would be a nightmare for people up this way to get to and as has been know for some time, most of the dons fans come from the north of the city. if however the bypass was put in place (aye right) it could make a difference.

my worry would be the clubs statement regarding first buses, if thats who they are going to rely on then its a dead duck

Just out of curiousity how far is the new ground going to be from say the trainstation?

Thinks its blatantly obvious why the board have picked that area, they are moist at the fact that this ground will be the first thing you see on the "gateway" to aberdeen.

Lets not let facts like its outwith walking distance for 99.1% of the fans and will take most match going fans two buses to get there or the fact that its miles away from the nearest train station, at least it will look bonny and thats whats really important.

Lets be honest, they have seen what bayern munichs stadium is like and said to themselves thats what we want.

Biggest mistake the club will make moving the stadium to that site. But at least it will be nice and handy for the thousands of aberdeen fans coming from..................Cove.

The thing that I've always wondered about the whole Loriston plan is would it be difficult to build a small train station to be used only on match days?

I guess there would be a few organisations to get on board, but with the limited parking out there, it is going to be ridiculous depending on buses and Park and Rides and the likes...

So much negativity. It's happening. Can't be changed. Don't go.

its quite a big thing dynamo.

totally changes the dynamic of a match day 'experience' for everyone, mostly for the worse. [unless you live in cove, of course].

aberdeen f.c. arent exactly full to the brim with fans and turning away punters, are they.

this wont help either.

I'm looking forward to a cracking new stadium that looks good and has facilities and enclosed corners and takes us properly into the 21st century. Rock on.

I'd like that too. But at the current time, for an out of town stadium, it has a complete lack of parking facilities, both at the stadium and the local area. It is going to be a logistical nightmare to get to for many.

The thing that I've always wondered about the whole Loriston plan is would it be difficult to build a small train station to be used only on match days?

I guess there would be a few organisations to get on board, but with the limited parking out there, it is going to be ridiculous depending on buses and Park and Rides and the likes...

Since no existing railway line anywhere near where stadium going to be then would imagine probably in 100s of millions

Think there should have been a questionaire sent out to all season ticket holders / shareholders!

Where do you live.

How do you get to the current stadium........Lets be honest most either walk or take a bus, (that really applies for fans getting the train in too) I would say maybes 10% of fans attending would take their car.

What attracts you to games at pittodrie stadium, social aspect, for the drink or just to see the team

Would you attend games at the proposed stadium site?

How will you get to the new stadium?

First things i would have considered after this

How many fans are having to spend over an hour travelling to the new stadium, will they be happy enough to do this.

Percentage of fans who only go to game just for the drink, are they still going to attend when having to spend 30mins + walking or getting the bus.

Percentage of fans who walk or get the train to games, will they be willing to travel to cove

There obviously would be loads more things to consider, but i think the club are being terribly short sighted in their thinking here.

I for one cant see myself going to regular games if im having to take the car / bus from city centre, would much rather get the train somewhere like inverurie and have a few pints out their, and im sure i wouldnt be alone!

I'd like that too. But at the current time, for an out of town stadium, it has a complete lack of parking facilities, both at the stadium and the local area. It is going to be a logistical nightmare to get to for many.

There will be loads of parking on a Saturday or whenever and you surely don't have to drive via Todders anyway.

Most people don't live on the boully either. lol.

aye, but its central aberdeen and has been the clubs home for decades.

i know this isnt a reason, but its a fair and central location for all aberdeen fans. easily accessable from the north, south and west (unlike cove).

- no fcuk it that is a reason. if a stadium is difficult and/or time consuming to get to, people just wont turn up.

Think there should have been a questionaire sent out to all season ticket holders / shareholders!

Where do you live.

How do you get to the current stadium........Lets be honest most either walk or take a bus, (that really applies for fans getting the train in too) I would say maybes 10% of fans attending would take their car.

What attracts you to games at pittodrie stadium, social aspect, for the drink or just to see the team

Would you attend games at the proposed stadium site?

How will you get to the new stadium?

First things i would have considered after this

How many fans are having to spend over an hour travelling to the new stadium, will they be happy enough to do this.

Percentage of fans who only go to game just for the drink, are they still going to attend when having to spend 30mins + walking or getting the bus.

Percentage of fans who walk or get the train to games, will they be willing to travel to cove

There obviously would be loads more things to consider, but i think the club are being terribly short sighted in their thinking here.

I for one cant see myself going to regular games if im having to take the car / bus from city centre, would much rather get the train somewhere like inverurie and have a few pints out their, and im sure i wouldnt be alone!

valid questions but they should be restricted to just ST holders and shareholders.

using their database would make far more sense.

Most people don't live on the boully either. lol.

lol.

But it is within walking distance of the city centre, where all trains and buses in to the city end and all city buses venture through. Plus loads of parking in the area.

I'm not against the plan at all, but as I said above, the plans just now suggest it will be a logistical nightmare for a lot of people.

Will also be interesting to see what they do when Rangers come to town via train...

its quite a big thing dynamo.

totally changes the dynamic of a match day 'experience' for everyone, mostly for the worse. [unless you live in cove, of course].

aberdeen f.c. arent exactly full to the brim with fans and turning away punters, are they.

this wont help either.

Don't get me wrong it'll be a pain in the arse to get to, but Pittodrie's not exactly handy for me either.

AFC have to get the transport infrastructure right, it's vital for it to work. You can't dismiss it completely without seeing how it'll work.

Buses every 10 mins from the centre of town from 12 onwards for example. Get dedicated bus stops. From union Street to Cove it's won't take that long.

Was there not talk of a train station at Cove?

aye, but its central aberdeen and has been the clubs home for decades.

i know this isnt a reason, but its a fair and central location for all aberdeen fans. easily accessable from the north, south and west (unlike cove).

well why are we talking about cove station then?

people are talking about an idea of having a station at cove which would make sense but it would be far too costly to do it.

Don't get me wrong it'll be a pain in the arse to get to, but Pittodrie's not exactly handy for me either.

AFC have to get the transport infrastructure right, it's vital for it to work. You can't dismiss it completely without seeing how it'll work.

Buses every 10 mins from the centre of town from 12 onwards for example. Get dedicated bus stops. From union Street to Cove it's won't take that long.

On the head. Fans come frm all over from Inverness to banchory and Edinburgh etc etc and its not like every fan has to come directly through the centre of town. Moaning is the Aberdeen way let embrace it than cry over something that is definetly going ahead.

youre right - negativity wont help. people do need an open mind.

but instinct tells me this will be a big fat white cheepepipes elephant of a stadium

i would imagine hearts, hibs and the old firm arent gonna lose their fans as they are currently located in ther heartland. (presuming the edinb clubs dinna move of course).

this could be damaging to afc's attendances.

Fingers crossed that the infrastructure is in place to work. AFC will hopefully have done their homework on it and got First and the Cooncil on board with such plans already.

I agree with Stoney though, some kind of fan consultation on travel wouldn't go amiss, even now...

You dont think the board are doing this as they are basing this on the allianz arena? you also dont think that fans will not go because its so far outside of the city?